1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Mage Skills+Build Ups

Discussion in 'Magician' started by aovan, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    to Obtain that Build you can do it buy being Lvl 100 and Wielding a Lvl 100 Magician's Weapon(s) however to get Lvl 100 Gears you would either need to go look into Stalls and See if there are any for Lvl 100 Magicians and even if there are you want it to be at least 7* if it isn't then you would need to Evolve it yourself now to get to this point you can do it buy the Free Player Way or The Premium Player way and continue doing either path or Switch however the Premium Player Way is Shorter+Obtain other Things that you can sell to Get Gold(if People Buy things in Stall these days tho.) but before all of this tho is The Status Build of what you using obviously Full INT would do it or Overdrive INT(Yes Overdrive) as Some Make a Single Stat go to 200(That is Overdrive) which Gives The Max Stat Bonus(Cause the 20 Stat Point Bonus Stops at 200) now this is all Expensive but this Doesn't affect you till you get to Lvl 100 from Lvl 1 which is the Longest Grinding in Avabel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steven Davis

Steven Davis New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    jon
    Level:
    Damn , level 100's gear is expensive. Can you explain a Lil more about over drive ? How would a person go about doing over drive to int?

3. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Just a figure of speech. Having 200 of a single stat (execpt dex cuase its bonuses are different) means having 300 more damage (if str or int) or 300% more hp/sp (if vit or men).

The main perpus of getting 200 is for all that extra umf. (Personly think its a waste as i have better success with my simple blanket builds). I mean...300 added to your weapon's damage rating then multiplyed by your skill's AR (attack rating) is quite a bit ol damage. Expecially if it has ... of type crystals or other damage modifyers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ♎Gereihei♎

♎Gereihei♎ New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Many Names
    Level:
    Could a Magician no sp pot build be possible with around 30MEN the rest invested in INT?

Would be good to see a mage who could spam skills and never have to worry about pots.

5. Effty

Effty Effty

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Effty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Effty
    Maybe, but sp shouldn't be a problem for you because of mage's passive. I've never added any on MEN, but I'm still able to spam skills for hours.

If you insist with your INT>MEN build, mind you that you'll be really squishy. You'd either be dead without even using half of your sp or potting hp pots all the time. So unless you're equipped with strong armor, I wouldn't be using that build if I were you.

6. ♎Gereihei♎

♎Gereihei♎ New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Many Names
    Level:
    I would have thought INT>MEN build would have been viable considering I'm not trying to be close to monsters or close to the person I'm against in pvp\gvg plus sp regen should be enough to sustain skills, but also mage passive requires the mage to be attack in order to gain back sp which would then lead into an INT>VIT build.

7. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    That will not stop any melee class quickly coming up to you and waving thier hand in your face and saying "hi im about to shove this sword through your chest.". Espeicly if you use those "classic" mage skills with long cast times.

Some mages are so bad at that my wittle lv 30 can come up and have a small converstion in the time they cast a spell while i hold thier hand. Then i proceed to scare them so hard they crap thier pants so hard it rockets them to the otherside of the map.

Joking aside for the most part mages cant keep afar if they use a certin set of skills. Keep that in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ♎Gereihei♎

♎Gereihei♎ New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Many Names
    Level:
    Nah I hear you bro, but for that was considering using rings or monster orbs. Funny thing is I've played avabel online for nearly 3yrs and never thought about PvP, hopefully I might do that in future.

9. ßłæç Łümįñæ

ßłæç Łümįñæ New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    ßłæç
    What's a good stat/equipment build for a PvP Mage?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Probably whatever suits you

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    As star said, the basic stat for magician is INT, so you have to base everything in that. Whatever you want to alocate after is your choice.

No one here can tell you what gonna suit you un fue game so first read the forums to learn a little bit Or experiment. From lvl5 i think to lvl30 you can reset your stats and tour skills for free so after moving on try to test what would be better for you.

Pd: the only thing i can help is that most of the people use high Def armor for PvP. Theres some exceptions but high Def armors gonna help you always un PvP.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Well as 2 ppl already pvt message me saying not ask for the best because the mod will and I quote "send me to hell" I won't try
    I do not know much about builds but I will suggest
    Int/vit I read and see through PvP ppl first time today equipment effects a win in a match skill helps to I suggest getting equipment as it becomes available like each 10 levels I think you can get the next I also noted they have a grade level except its not S-D its star ranked from I think 1-5 I am not sure but someone will correct me I guess the best will be max cap equipment with full star grade and that means like level 100? So good luck with that lol or you can get rifts from shop=$=a waste as you will play avabel and if you serious will reach cap anyway so just take your time and try have fun

13. Alwing

Alwing Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Al-wing
    Level:
    Like how the others have said, no one can really tell you what the "best" stats and equipment are. Everything in the end depends on how you want to play your mage. Some play theirs as a battle mage. Others play theirs as the typical mage...

However, I'd suggest implementing INT in your build since most skills use it (although, it's really up to you). I've seen some people with full DEX and have done quite well with that.

If you really want to get into pvp, I'd also suggest grabbing a humanized rod at least 5 stars maxed.

Those are some of my thoughts and suggestions. However, take them with a grain of salt. In the end, the "best" is what works best for you.

14. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Max is 10*. Though it's difficult to get those.
    Mostly it's resting on getting 5* to 7-8* weapon/gears.
    The stars in 1-5*s are Yellow.
    From 6-10*s they are Blue.
    (5* = 5 Yellow stars; 6* = 1 Blue Star)

• Like Like x 1
  15. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    Just curious on the general opinion on Scud Soul. Thread maker knocks it as pretty much not a skill useful to branch out 6 + points but times have changed.

As for me, i dont like using pots. That in mind, only invested in Scud Soul until player level 50, think i had 7 points in SS then (useless info:8 points now;speed type;got basic mage passives and self buff after i got Blizzard and LSp passive to 10) Given that you really cant heavily invest in all elements early game, i figured elements dont matter YET and decided to take an all-rounder - which could be later modified by element bowl (FL 18 camper, level 70 5star 1H rod shield combo,wind element. I get by. Lol) Plus , SS charged is a fast cast,super SP efficient ,and does damage while the speed branch helps with distance. Or jump cast if you like getting hit for Mage & Dark Pain passives.

16. TNC | Wumb0

TNC | Wumb0 New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Wumb0
    Level:
    I recently got into Avabel, and I can soon upgrade all my abilities to lvl 6. However, the OP is a bit old, so I'm not sure if it's outdated. Does it still apply now, or have some skill branches been found to be stronger than before?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  17. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    I think most information in here is still relevant. I think all skills are useful in their own way now, so don't mind too much when someone says a skill is useless. Pay attention WHEN it's"useless" or not-as-useful or whatever.

For example: In Acolyte, Arc Light can be generally considered ineffective when dealing with main tower monsters higher up. High MATK (of course)makes it useful for Rush,PVP, Bosses mainly due to it's range.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sean V. Luong

Sean V. Luong New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    -Leung
    Level:
    Does anyone know if Fast Spells work for all skills? someone in game told me that it only works for magician spells but not for advance classes, then another person told me that it could work for mastered advanced skills but you need to be in magician mode... can anyone confirm? When I try it myself, I can't tell the difference on adv classes, i can tell it is a bit faster on basic mage skills though.. but then again, im not even sure if its my imagination...

19. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    1). Fast Spell works on all skills; Magician AND its Advanced Classes.
    2). Fast Spell makes the casting Animation faster; this means that you won't really notice any difference in casting e.g. Tetra Laser (Elementalist), while you do notice a difference in Blizzard (Lost Speller).
    3). To really notice the difference of the effect, I recommend you to level up Fast Spell to its max level. This way you can notice the difference better. ;)
    4). Be aware of Lost Speller's Quick Spell (Passive Skill). This skill also shortens the skills' casting time, so combined with Fast Spell, you will see a huge difference (if the passive is also maxed out), compared to when you're not a Lost Speller.

20. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    I'm not sure if anyone clarified this yet as I haven't even read any comments yet but for Rock mace
    Type A- is like less rigor. allowing for you to dodge or move sooner than other branches(I chose this branch and at lvl6 there is already a slight improvement)
    Type B- hit harder
    Type C- Knock enemies further back (I'm not sure how much further back)