1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

low damage

Discussion in 'Magician' started by huayuan, Mar 23, 2015.

1. huayuan

huayuan New Member

Class:
    Magician
    Level:
    Hi
    My magician is on lvl 40 and i'm on floor 10 i think, where the cave worms are. The problem is: I give very low damage! I need minutes to kill a cave worm and use lots of mp heal. I use only eyeblitz and scud soul and they are lvl 5. My dex is 40 and the rest stats i spend on int. Eqs are normal but i really look like a noob even a lvl 30 have better eqs and i want to know where i can get these because i really look not so strong. Can someone explain me and answer my question? I want to be better in the game. I play not so long

Huayuan

2. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    that's the problem.
    Don't use Eneblitz in the Cave floors, since they do less damage to Earth monsters.
    Best use Scud Soul, Fire Bullet, Full Blaze and fast cast skills.
    Eneblitz, Wind Dagger and Light Bolt are "Wind" elements, which are weak against "Earth" elements (though you still can try to use Wind Dagger as the casting isn't that long as Eneblitz has).

And also, if you're on F10, at Level 40, you'd be underleveled, so it's normal to do low damage.
    If you have high gears and weapons, you'd do decent damage, but For me, I wouldn't recommend spending too much in it, since you're still Level 40 (not saying you totally shouldn't).

A way to survive the floors better is to party up with other people around your level.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Chris Treants

Chris Treants Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    QuEst13
    Level:
    Hello Huayuan.
    Low damage? I had the same problem awhile back. low damage, well they're are many ways that can be fixed. I personally don't know to much about mage class, so i cant tell you if your status points are wrong. But im guessing u should have put it all on int. (Someone correct me if im wrong) for my class im a warrior, i messed all my status points up when i started so i reset them all with drill book. And when i did i followed guides on here and BAM, that helped alot. Now are u buying gear from NPCs? If so stop and save that money and take a look in stall. U might find 3 * equipment for around 10k :) And you are on floor 10 and you are level 40? thats impressive seeing well me being only level 64 on fl12. U could be doing low damage to those monsters because of the lvl difference. If your trying to focus on lvling with floor quest that can be hard . so try doing rush's (Keep in mind that u are limited on how much u can do these from periods of time). Now when it comes to gear just stay looking at stall trust me thats the best way to go. those level 30 have eqips better because maybe more stars. Remember more stars = more attack u can strengthen. :) Any other questions just ask ill do the best i can to answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Yes. Best is to go Full Int from the start. You could consider other stats when you have reached Level 50 and/or unlocked an advanced class, but most are just still going for the full Int build.

Messed up stats are indeed quite annoying as I also had that problem in the past.
    I was Level 55 on F12, but I only managed to survive due long terms of staying (there I was underleveled by around 10 levels, so it took me too much skills to even defeat 1 monster). I finally end up resetting my whole account with the needed things stored in storage and with help of friends.
    After that I remade my Mage and gone full Int from the start, and by the time I was there again, I could beat the floor with more ease than before I had the messed-up-stats.

Another thing what came up to my mind is the weapon itself! If you want more power/damage, you'd better go for 2 Handed Rod, if you aren't yet. If you're still using normal attacks, as in case for me when I still used it, go dual if you want more speed in the normal attack which could be useful in dodging (when you get in higher level, you'd eventually switch to 2 Handed rod though, mainly because of the Advent but who knows xD).

Also for Mages, Don't forget to use Fast Spell, which acceralates your skills.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    also dont forget that mage has low HP,so if you are in a higher floor,pots are always going to be used.Keep in mind the element system,it really helps.
    Remember that mage relies on damaging huge amount of mobs and the letting warriors and rogues finish them off.So be a party player on higher floors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. huayuan

huayuan New Member

Class:
    Magician
    Level:
    Thanks for the help. I'm really bad with searching a party. Now i'm keep lvling on rush but what i should do next? Also i'm low at lvl up. I was trying doing my quest but i found out my lvl is too low

7. Chris Treants

Chris Treants Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    QuEst13
    Level:
    Keep leveling on rush. Which some people might agree that rush 1 is good for exp and jexp (Since the achievements rewards) always party up. Solo players get no where in avabel. Also if i was you id think about getting a drill book for your status. And once your dps are gone. Then go farm for gold for better equips if you want more damage. :cool:

8. huayuan

huayuan New Member

Class:
    Magician
    Level:
    Hmm then how i can find someone? I still haven't a guild or a friend

9. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    We can't help you with that.Join a guild through the guild board and start making friends.
    I really don't know a direct method of making friends,no one does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. huayuan

huayuan New Member

Class:
    Magician
    Level:
    Ok i'll try

11. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    You can also try to make friends with someone of a higher level and ask advise and such.
    If that person is still within 10 levels he/she could also help you with partying up, if he'she is willing to).

12. jhay-ar

jhay-ar New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    [PH]KIL
    Level:
    hi huayuan,
    go full int for sure you will not miss something on your stats . . I have a lost speller level 60 full int . . damage really good and equip some 5* armor and weapon . . try to get some party in every flr . . go for channel 1 if you want to do so . . <LURER> you can see me at Astoria channel 1 if I'm free I can help you . . NEW WORLD GUILD . . making some friends in the game really help . . :)

• Agree Agree x 1