1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Lost Speller Skills

Discussion in 'Magician' started by Aero, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Blizzard: Largest AoE Skill in Avabel Online.
    Prominence: Great AoE that moves forwards.
    Black Corrupter: AoE placing which can slow down monsters/Players; in PvP it can also help with fooling the enemy (let them think it's Blizzard instead of Hidden).
    Flash Glow: It's small....but it's Light Element and has a huge amount of Damage. It also has a chance on knocking back the foes (it explodes when touched).
    Of course not to forget the One of only Passive, Quick Spell: which speeds up all skill castings.

For me it's indeed more like the Quick Spell. :3

Actually our downfall in the end would be the fact that we don't have enough Shortcuts.... D:

And also, you mustn't only look at Lost Speller. It's temping to look at the big picture of Lost Speller, since a lot of players start with this Class and wants to master this first to get that Large Blizzard AoE Skill.
    It's indeed a great skill, but it's not all Blizzard for Mages, since everyone would know (and else they will soon or later), since the Casting is rather... long. :p You need combo's in order to pull something nice out; and else you can also use Blizzard as decoy/trapping in PvP.

Other than that, a lot of people recommend you to unlock and master Lost Speller first, but if you ask me....Just unlock one of the Lost Speller/Wizard/Elementalist on your own choise. You can simpily do great even without that Blizzard! Each class has their greatness~ :3

Just experience it for yourself. It's way more easier to understand that way! :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    My opinion, I'd master wizard first.
    Just cause wind thrust is boss.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Denimsan

Denimsan New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Ichigrn
    Level:
    Has anyone put any information up about that inner outer question? I happen to have that type at lvl 60. I could easily make a video.

4. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    • Double post. Please, use the Edit button next time.
    Id like to know about Prominence C branch if anyone picked it. I read back but in later posts it appears that the skill branch might have been altered by asobimo.

no one yet. go for it

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Hmp...vaguely I also remember having read something about the C Type being altered after some changes in the Skill Descriptions some times ago..
    I'm not sure where anymore, but there was surely something changed. Not sure about whether it was still hitting foes with just one fireball, or it was hitting multiple times now..

As the Forum is rather a bit dead (like we're all now now...) ....We lack Players who can confirm these things (goes for eveerything in general).. D=

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    yeah unfortunately no one too curious is around either especially with how permanent these decisions are for freemium players. same with other classes and questions yet to be answered. I myself don't use the skill, was just curious so I'll pick C branch and comment here in a sec since I need it to master the class.

Edit--
    no need to test it. the current description says
    Power type modified for single heavy hit by adding more force

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    Is flash glow even good? Like it does light damage and doesn't that have extra damage against all other elements? It may be small but I pretty sure it does quite some damage? What branch should I take? Thanks

8. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    In general it's not used a lot by players, in comparison to Blizzard, Prominence and Black Corrupter... But it has quite an immense amount of Damage. It knockbacks nearby Monsters too, when being hit.
    For recommendation, go with either B (longer placing time) or C (increased Damage&Range); the choice depends on what you prefer.

Not sure what I pick myself...but I can check it later for you~ :3

9. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    Flash glow was awesome for me in pvp. When players ran into it they got destroyed and if they didnt i could setup a trap because theyd try to go around it. In pve still loved it and if i might add didnt care about prominence at all so its just a matter of taste. Taibasa answered the questions already so hope this helped a little

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    You got that right! People who uses Scud Soul, Eneblitz would mostly also use Mine Spark and Flash Glow, because of the Traps you can make! ^^ It can work good because most people tend to see the common Skills instead of those. xD

Little-bit-Off-Topic: Tip regarding Mine Spark, You can jump and set Mine Spark in the air =3=)b
    Also, though, it should be known a lot more to Mages, but Scud Soul has shorter Cooldown when Jumping.

11. Jenisha

Jenisha New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ♪erika♪
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hiraos
    Not sure if the question about Type A for Blizzard was answered. I made a mage (my mains are Raiden and Leg Sol). I took the Blizzard Type A (Less decay of damage in outer zone)- this literally means the damage does not get lost (or atleast does not die out) in the outer zone. I did not capture the difference in numbers (I did not realize there were doubts about Blizzard branches), however I did see a difference in damage in outer zone increase with type A. In PvE (also PvP), not all mobs stay at the center always- I kinda cast the spell somewhere between multiple mobs so that I get more mobs at a time. I am satisfied with this branch (maybe coz I don't know about cool down type hehe)- I can't tell what the damage was before in outer zone, but I can check n post the dmg between inner zone vs outer zone if that will help.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Aero

Aero Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Aero
    Level:
    well it took me three years to edit this thread xD i edited the blizzard description.

anywho i haven't tried if they changed the prominence c effect but the description is still kinda the same. though i dont wanna risk trying it out coz i've grown fond of prominence b xD

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    its cool,i think damage is roughly the same for all branches,except the branch we picked that increases outer damage only.uses less SP for a bit more damage,encourages you to use it less i guess.i mean,you dont need to use blizzard ALL the time(or maybe you do;idk ur build/play style lol).but me,when i use it i need it to hit hard,even if theyre not in the center.i one skill monsters on F9,i just hit 10 and now the mobs with highest base HP die too.i think if the damage was the same(except outer ring) i would use tons more SP on mobs that werent in the middle to take full damage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    This people. This is what's called being a Mage! Not sticking to one Skill and spam it! xD
    Mages are there for the various Elemental, Skill usage, size etc. advantages it can get.

Your mind set is good! Mage isn't all about Lost Speller's Blizzard! ^^
    Blizzard in PvP is mostly also used as a decoy, with thus a bonus, if it get some hits too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    I think of this when i see mages act like that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Megumin~ x'D
    All she knows is one Explosion Magic >3>)v
    Best example for only using one Skill as a Mage x'D To makes things more interesting, she uses all her Mana/SP to cast ONE Explosion Magic.
    (Useful for comedy though).

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Explosion magic is the best magic, nothen is superior~!