1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Looking for Ranger stat recommandation

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Knightrun, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Knightrun

Knightrun New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Arcata
    Guild:
    CYP3A4
    I see most of the threads are out of date..
    I wonder if there's any good ranger stat build recommendation that is up to date.
    Or at least which stat I should focus on..

2. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imagelesskink
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    I'd say STR. Elfeen skills buff your INT based on your STR, so there's not really any reason to spend on INT. Just make sure your VIT, MEN, and DEX are at satisfactory levels first, otherwise you'll die from a paper cut on the higher floors.

3. Knightrun

Knightrun New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Arcata
    Guild:
    CYP3A4
    • Tripple post. Please, use the Edit button next time.
    I'm trying to build with blaster class as main in mind
    I wonder how it will work out tho..
    I'm currently using a handgun, planning to switch to rifle once I get it..

For satisfactory levels, I have no idea about how much stat point can I gain throughout the game and literally has no knowledge about stat building other than description from the ? icon thing in stat build screen

It says

Str: Affects Atk
    Int: Affects Matk
    Vit: Affects Def and HP
    Men: Affects Mdef and SP
    Dex: Affects Criticals

It seems like I do need to focus on Str and Dex but then still need bit of Vit and Men... (or should I just focus on Str, Dex and put some in Vit?)
    (Currently I have 590 status points and haven't put any of it into any stat)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019
  4. aleph

aleph Active Member

[Note that I moved this from where I originally posted it in the Blaster awakened class thread.]

Stat builds are so highly dependent on play style that I can't make a specific recommendation. I also don't do any PvP, which requires a different build than PvE. An auto farm build will usually be a bit different than a build for manually farming. I have at least one character of each class level 240+ and have done a lot of auto farming. I suggest you look at my post from a few months ago about farming and follow the links I listed in it to three of my other farming posts:

http://avabelforums.com/threads/eas...inners-and-advanced-players.11857/#post-69365

In terms of an auto farm build my advice is to give yourself:
    • A baseline of DEX. I like to give my characters a total of 500. This is mostly based on what works for me for acolyte/mage SP regeneration and creator/revenger passive skill activation. I don't have specific advice for dex and rangers.
    • Enough VIT that you don't need HP potions. For PVE this may not be necessary depending on your gear and the floor you farm on. If you have overpowered armour and don't take much damage, then you might not need any additional VIT. Since HP regen is tied to maximum HP, if you have lots of HP bonus items then your natural regeneration might be enough to keep up with mob damage. When looking at armour and its effect on your DEF and MDEF there are two sets of numbers. I will use DEF as an example but the same advice applies to MDEF:
      • The armour will have a value for DEF, and the higher level Mevius armor will also have a number for "Subt DEF". DEF value is increased by enhancing the gear, and its effect on your character is reduced if you are under levelled for the armour. Subt DEF is not affected by enhance level or character level.
      • On your character status you will see DEF value of ###(###)
      • The first number, outside the parentheses is the "Subt" value.
      • The second number has a maximum of 900 regardless of equipment.
      • Wearing high level gear that has high Subt DEF/Subt MDEF can compensate for low effective DEF/MDEF values.
    • Enough MEN that your SP is high enough to not need SP potions. This depends on the skills you use, your character's power (how many skills it takes to kill a mob), and the cool down speed of your skills. For my ranger/hound with dual handguns (fast skill cool downs) this is about 10k SP with spammable awakened class skills on floor 48. Your situation might be different. If you have lots of gold and weird copper coins, and don't want to "waste" stat points on MEN:
      • Go to the event room weird copper coin exchanger and convert wcc to event coins. You get 4 event coins per wcc and will need 25 wcc to get the required 100 event coins. Skip or adjust this step if you already have event coins.
      • Go to the event coin exchanger next to the wcc exchanger and buy and use two accessory slot releases. As of this posting they are the second last item on page 3 "[Equip] Acc. Slot Expansion" and cost 50 event coins each. You could also achieve the same by buying the accessory slot releases for 10 gems each from the shop.
      • Go to the advanced gear shop and buy 4 @ SP Mevius rings for level 300. These give 1500 SP each and there is no reduction if you are under levelled for them. They cost 6 million gold each, for at total of 24m. This assumes that you will replace any existing rings or accessory slot items.
    • Everything else into STR. This is your main damage stat.
    • INT is not really necessary for most standard ranger-based builds.
    At level 300 you will have around 2100 stat points.

Remember that you can also increase stats via other methods. (I don't intend to write a tutorial on any of these):
    • Crystal Case
    • Monster ORBs attached to gear (worn and/or in crystal case)
    • Rune gear (can give bonuses to any stat including SP and HP)
    • Astra gear (can give bonuses to HP and SP)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Knightrun

Knightrun New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Arcata
    Guild:
    CYP3A4
    Thanks!! It made me understand about stats to certain degree
    I still need to think about how I should build stats then..