1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Kill it with Price Tags!

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Suggestions' started by ovan, Feb 17, 2017.

?

Should the Stalls have a better price Limit and search filters?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Mayb...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not really sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I just came here to read the comments while eating popcorn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ovan

ovan New Member

Avabel Online (Revere ch1) IRL (Chicago IL)
    Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    Hello forum browsers if you are reading this post chances are you already know what feature I have in mind, that's right Avabel is a great game with many many flaws but none more notoriously as abusive as it's stall exhibition feature. Now here is the problem. Obviously people have rare things and those are always pricey, but when junk takes up valuable space and is overpriced at something like 1,999,999,999, well that's a mind boggling NOPE that makes most wonder why is this here? Why is a Health potion selling for so much Gold? XD well simpler solutions have been recommended but here is mine. A Price limitation. An Estimated value according to what somethings worth at an NPC stall has often been mistaken as an accurate portrayal but it's often worthless. Don't be fooled my priority for and standards for recommending this feature is mostly to controL search clutter. A filter only goes up to 10 pages when obviously there could be more of an item on sale than that. My point is that we need a limit to the numeric values allowed at the stall. Inflation and Scamming is a game killer. What say you to this? Yes or no?

2. aleph

aleph Active Member

I know you're going for hyperbolic effect here, but at least get your facts straight. Maximum listing price in the stall is 999,999,999.
    Why do you need a price limitation when there are decent stall search limitations? From "Purchase Options," the first screen after you tap "Buy"
    • Exclude Assigned Premium Items (i.e. all items that require the buyer to provide a premium ticket)
    • Exclude locked Items (i.e. gets rid of all those potions, crystals, and copper coin pieces that seem to be transfers)
    • Lowest Price field (i.e. if you have a minimum price in mind, you can automagically remove filter them from the list)
    • Highest Price field (i.e. same as the Lowest price field, except this sets the maximum limit)
    Iterating your search a couple of times should be sufficient to reduce the number of pages to something manageable. The alternative is for Asobimo to implement some sort of machine-learning algorithm or an AI-based stall so it can try to read your mind. But if they were going to spend that much time on development efforts, I'd rather they focus their attention on improving other aspects of the game.
    No. While I agree with the premise that inflation and scamming is a game killer, I don't think you should place all the blame on a flexible stall system. Better user knowledge and/or education against scams, social engineering, and deceit would be much more helpful (but nigh impossible given the user demographics). As for inflation, what about deflation? Whereas there used to be a fairly good farming-to-price ratio for enhancing and/or evolving gear, the recent promotions in the gem store have meant that 8-10 star weapons are often cheaper than the pre-promotion prices for 6-7 star gear. Based on your logic, Asobimo should implement a "negative price limit" so that I can pay people to take my devalued items.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Miharu

Miharu New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Miharu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Royals
    I hate the way stall functions. Whoever designed it should be fired or fired at.

4. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I think the stall is fine the way it is. The only problem I have with it is how people are stupid when it comes to marketing. The stall acts like a real market.

The reason things are overpriced is because people will buy them overpriced. Other people see that they can make money by selling their stuff more expensively. And thus that is how inflation occurs. What really happens is that the prices eventually get so high that players won't buy anymore. So they have to drop the prices of their items to make sure their items sell. Then we have more buyers again, and the cycle slowly starts again. (For example, I used to buy 99 Sharp Crystals for 1 mil. Now 99 is sold at 3 mil. I talked to a few people, and they told me that the prices were still lower than what it used to be.)

What you are trying to do is restrict the freedom of prices. The only thing it does is benefit the buyer, not the seller. The seller can still get money but not as much they want or need. (And before you ask, the in-game expenses are real. 5 mil per level away from 100 for rebirth. 100 mil for awakening crystals. Over a mil for people trying to level high rarity equipment.) By doing so, people are less likely to sell if they don't think they can get a good deal out of what they are selling. If there are less sellers, then you might find it harder to the stuff you want.

The only real solution is the sell your own items for a lower price. The stall needs competition. If people start selling items at a lower price, the people will start following suit because they realize their items won't be bought because they are more expensive. That is how you lower prices.

@aleph I think you missed the point. He was complaining about how people overcharge for stuff. Using my crystal example, if I filtered for 1 mil, I would still end up with less than what I was getting earlier. He wants to put a cap on how expensive people can make certain items and deals.

(I wouldn't have realized that the things I learned in my Economics class would apply here.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. aleph

aleph Active Member

Not going to argue with your economics points as I completely agree. I think his original post was complaining about two issues: finding stuff in the stall in the face of spam/scam/speculative listings, especially those at a high price (which is the question I tried to address), and market economics/price discovery/reasonableness of price (which is the question you answered).
    I also agree that economics (and marketing, business strategy, cost accounting, organizational dynamics) can be extremely useful to avabel life.

6. ovan

ovan New Member

Avabel Online (Revere ch1) IRL (Chicago IL)
    Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    Thank you for your input it's been awhile since I used Stalls but now I see what you mean by reiterating searches. seems they have implemented many new features thus eliminating much of the point of this thread. Oh but please do share more information with anyone else you might come across that floats by this article or posts something similar. ;)