1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Just wondering..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Crim, May 10, 2018.

1. Crim

Crim New Member

In Game Name:
    Crim
    The game isn't heavily populated I can see. Alot of floors are just packed with mobs but I can see there are still people playing cause I'll get my mobs ksed every now and then or I see alot people back in Revere.

Even though the game is technically not dead, its kinda sad to see that there's really no new posters here on the forum. Some of the newest posts I can find only range from like Jan to Mar and sometimes May.

So it makes me wonder: What happened to the state of the western players of Avabel?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Well, Avabel had its peak in the start, which was around 2013. This went through 2014 and start or mid 2015. From there on it already slowly went down a bit by time.
    I've been playing since summer 2014 myself, and "watched" over it until now, and players have indeed been decreased. Cities like Nocturall used to be quite full, but nowadays there's not even half the page's list full. F13 used to be a farming floor for those who couldn't reach F18 yet, but it's totally player-empty nowadays. F18 still has players farming but still less than back then.

Either people got tired of the game in the later half of 2015 and on. Avabel sometimes has a very terrible costumer service (weirdly sometimes they do have good ones.... (I have had both ^^").

There is also the point of Dungeon changes which might have "scared" people away, much like how now the stall has been completely erased, which has without doubt still impact on certain players. Though the stall thing is still quite recent, and the "deadness" has been going on for some years by now.... so can't be really considered at this point for the past few years, but surely in the "future" talk.

Another thing that cross my mind might be the "spins" or say, Gacha. It used to be common that free players really had nearly no chance on spinning unless you spend real money, and even if you would, you'll need to spend quite some numbers on finally getting that one piece you want. This might've been pushing people off from playing Avabel for long-terms. Nowadays though, you can obtain gems by login rewards, so yea.... still the correct piece needed in your spins.

Guess in terms of MMORPG, smartphone ones are still less played in long-terms than console and PC ones too.

NOTE: that these are all assumption, as for there's no "real" answer in why so many people stopped playing. We can't really hold an research for all of the people who have ever played Avabel and get their opinion on why they stopped playing or so. xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Crim

Crim New Member

In Game Name:
    Crim
    Ahh I see. Yeah to be honest, I think the overall gameplay (now, being a little less grindy) mechanics, engine graphics of Avabel are all what I look for in a perfect mmorpg for me. Even though I use to mainly play PC mmorpgs, with my life changing and always being on the go and being busy, I've taken a liking to play mmo mobile games. I honestly think mobile mmos are the future of mmos because it feels like recently alot of people have been losing in their PC counterparts.. Mmos are really starting to feel like a dying industry. With mobile mmos its become really convenient for people who have busy lives to be able to come back to it whenever they have offtime to grind off a level or do something quick in game. Probably this is the aspect that I like most about mobile mmos.

Anyways ,It just really sucks that asobimo chose to put alot of gacha in their shop and have alot of the good items locked behind it. Hopefully they're working towards a better business model and it might seem very likely since asobimo is a Japanese company.

Japan has recently been cracking down on gacha systems because the governments likens gacha systems to gambling (which is pretty much is if the person doesn't get their intended items). In other Japanese games they've been offering more and more set deals in regards to ingame purchases rather than gacha.

Another thing I wanted to add is I guess the game feels more alive if you go towards the first few channels of the server. Before this post I would usually play around in 7th to the 10th channels. When I found myself logged into channel 1, a good amount of people were talking so it made me feel like the game is a little bit more populated.

Anyways thanks for the insightful reply Taibasa. Let's hope more people become interested in this game and asobimo finds a way to bring in more players. The game is scheduled to release on more systems so hopefully that'll be something. (I'm also really hoping that they bring that graphics up to phones as well. dat unreal engine 4 graphics doe).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Yea this, is what I agree with too! A selected people are most likely also in this very situation having the reason to play MMOs on their smartphone while on the way.

Yea, Japanese games overall (not limited to just MMORPGs) have a lot of games that uses Gachas. They are however great ones and not -so-good ones (Avabels falls into the latter sadly).
    I've seen certain games that uses Gacha system, and a few of them have featured items that are within the gacha. If you pull enouch of the "several pulls in 1 pull" (not the 1 spin per time but like 10 with 1 spin)) You'd be able to get a higher chance and/or guaranteed the featured items of the gacha (the term for this was the "step-up" system).
    For Summoner there was a similar thing, but not for all classes/items (yet?). Summoner got that Magi camo-only gacha.
    Let's hope they'll improve the gacha system to let the players get a better chance of what they want!

I see. From the few times I needed to go to ch1 I did indeed see more people than on my standard ch7 xD But somehow never really went to ch1 to actual play... Maybe I should try to.. xD

I'm really wondering how much populated Avabel will become when they finally release Avabel for the PS4, PC and Switch....
    To begin with...will they also release the options for our International Servers? :O
    Yea, the graphics in Avabel is one of the top MMOs within smartphone games =3=)b

5. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Well for me I do agree the stall affects the whole game. I have been farming F11 back then hope that I can get a boss drop and earn a lot in the stall.

Now totally dunno what to do.

6. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Some floors are dead because everyone farms at floor 42 fr their 100k daily kills. Every channel on f42 is packed with players. Climbing floors is now easy too. People climb up to f42 just to farm there that can be also a factor to the low player count on other floors.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Maybe I really should farm to F42..... ... I've been neglecting my Avabel logins lately too ^^"
    (they recently added more ways on gaining the highest rarity weapons and also raised level cap too there, so farming all classes to cap; even though it's just raised by 5 each class except the newest class / farming until you get the rainbow colored drops) >3>)a