1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Is This Game Strongly Pay2Win?

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by OGkushy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. OGkushy

OGkushy New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    OGkushy
    Level:
    I would just like to know at end game or at a high level can you buy Gems to Roll for the best gear/mats? I would like to know before investing time in this game, I don't mind if you can get good items that will help you level or help you find the best gear but if you can simply get the best gear by paying real money and not earning it, That is a complete throw off for me as mmorpgs should be about your skill and time you put in and not ruined by how Rich your real life bank account is, Thank You for all honest and relevant answer from experienced players of this game! :)

2. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    I would say not entirely. With the secondary log in you can get gems and PAC tickets to use on those stuff if you want to. End game pends on what you wanna do, pvp if you want to catch up and jump right in then it can be but w/ patience you can get to where the p2w players are. PvE (player vs environment) to me isn't but they set it up to were a party is recommended (Ive solo'd to f22 so far) but overall imho it isn't pay to win in general or forced

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OGkushy

OGkushy New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    OGkushy
    Level:
    Ty for reply and yes I should of made it more specific, I would be mostly PvPing, How does the PvP gear system work? Do you earn pvp gear by playing pvp matches? Or do you find pvp gear also on pve? Also can you use gems in cash shop to purchase PvP gear? Or what did you mean by the p2w pvp players?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    If compare to 1-2 years back, now is slightly towards pay to advance quick and get overall stronger.

In the older era, players pvp can be pretty balance and fun to play. I feel 5 star weapon or armor can be strong enough. Sometimes even 3 star can be good enough for mass pvp (GVG).

As for now, the 10-15 star with 8 rebirth and astra gears era, even 10 star armor I'm wearing can't even survive a hit sometimes.

Edit: for a clearer picture about pvp.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    The gear is essentially the same but there items called Rift Stones that allow players to use equipment above their lvl but these can be Acquired cheaply and included in secondary login. But if your skill is good enough it wont/shouldnt matter. And yes there are certain gear/items that can only be found the gem shop but they are cheap as well. Avabel does a good job balancing p2w & f2p. Idk much about the rewards since I only did it a few times sorry I can't help there

Edit: phone acted up had to restart it. Sry for the sub par echo oceanmk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Not sure about how astra gears affect the overall pvp experience though :rolleyes: other than the giving the larger HP amount some players told me.

And rift stone 100 from daily reward do make farming easier as I'm wearing a 11* rod 2H now for 3800~4k heal and pretty good damage. But I do know my heal still consider not good, I do know a few players have 5~6k+ heal showing off to me and monstrous tank armor of 14*. And other hidden secret they know never say :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    Haha....That HP though. Don't know about you, but even after practicing I find that I have almost no chance at actually beating someone with 30k HP when I only have like 6-9k myself. The only ways I have found a counter to this is to either 1) Be an OP healer and just never die. 2) Be a ranger and just snipe.... the entire time.... forever. OR 3) Don't fight astra users....... ever. (I play close prox classes so I have no choice but to be up front)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Same for me too.. I still remember one friend of mine ask me which armor should he choose, Aegis or astra.. And I told him Aegis as old knowledge I have is Aegis as the better choice. But now I think I may have advise him something wrong :oops: