1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

HP/SP potions

Discussion in 'Creator' started by avanut, May 19, 2014.

1. aleph

aleph Active Member

My potion-creating variability is very high, but I've never checked it against stat builds. Sadly I didn't test during any of my restats on my lv100 creator which did go through a full INT phase. I tend to agree with @Ace144 that there isn't enough data but I'm not going to discount the theory.

[Off topic, but answering @Ace144's other questions]
    As for how to max skills on a level 30: lots of jexp farming combined with frequent suicides. The exp penalty of 5% of the required exp for next level means that you can counter the daily login bonus of 16k, with 5-6 deaths. (5% of approx 65k required from level 30 to 31). Rinse and repeat, or do RDG or PVP or other jexp farming. Last time I checked, one of mine has about 10m jexp. Good for maxing 2 skills and all the passives.

Why have a level 30 alt? Really good way to test builds and base class skill trees. I have a couple of them, one of which can achieve HIT=100 due to DEX items. Will be super useful when I start my testing of damage formulas. Especially now that I know that MIN=MAX will give me a damage constant for said tests.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. aleph

aleph Active Member

It was ridiculous of me to do this, but I've just been working with a bunch of analysis tools so I made a graph with @urdadi's numbers.

Scale is the percentage of success for each potion type, assuming that you started with 998 nuts (499 attempts). I got excel to calculate failure rate.
    urdadi's potions.png
    My hunch is that this is, as @Ace144 suggested, standard variability within the random number generator. I've had times when 1k nuts yielded almost 200 L pots, and other times when it was closer to 140. This fits within the range of 10-20 L pots per 10 attempts. My tentative conclusion is that further testing would be needed, but I have other tests I'd rather spend my time on. Or Excel. :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Yeah, I realize the data set is small, and could totally be the rng at work. That's why I'm hoping to find a real INT creator to do the same test. If the numbers change in a more drastic way, it could prove or disprove this theory much quicker. I will continue with my testing, but made that post in hopes that maybe someone already figured this out, or maybe someone else could test my theory more definitively. Why so mad, bro?

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Haven't forgotten this experiment, just didn't drop as many nuts this week in higher floors. For this 999 batch I added a 5* Blunt, the above #'s had no weapon equipped. Used same INT build, with significant MATK increase (288 vs old 82) .

HPS 59
    HPM 175
    HPL 178
    SPS 69
    SPM 159
    SPL 200

+20 drop bonus cut down on fails (at least on SP side):
    HPS 72
    HPM 170
    HPL 170
    SPS 67
    SPM 172
    SPL 198

HPS 74
    HPM 168
    HPL 186
    SPS 81
    SPM 177
    SPL 163 --> 1st time with INT build where Med>Lar

HPS 84
    HPM 163
    HPL 175
    SPS 82
    SPM 178
    SPL 158 --> ouch, 2x in a row

So tripling the MATK did not really improve on INT build numbers, but INT build continues to do better in terms of Larges than what I'm used to with DEX or STR. Again, still low numbers but I think INT is involved. I wish a support creator would prove or disprove this for me.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017