1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Healing in pop raids.

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Legi, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Legi

Legi New Member

I'm a low level priest and I've wandered into a few summoned fights. I'm having trouble figuring out if healing counts towards ranking.

If I do 30 seconds of damaging skill spam and then stay away I hit C rank and 40k xp.

If I alternate damage and healing spam the entire fight, I hit C rank and 40k xp.

I realize I could just be too weak or inaccurate for my heals to add to it but, does anyone know for sure if healing is worth it in these situations?

2. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Healinv does not affect exp or jexp earned nor rank in raids.

3. Legi

Legi New Member

Thank you very much. Should make it a bit easier to survive the random knock arounds if I don't have to run in and try to link heal people lol.

4. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity

Yeah, healing others may earn you some friends, but you won't gain any xp. The reward is directly related to the damage you are able to inflict. So when you see idiots demanding that you "Heal more!" or "Spam heal!", they are really demanding that you hand over some of your xp to help them. That said, when you need to heal, it's nice to take a step towards the crowd and help a few extra players out, it costs you nothing to help others in that way. Now, as for that guy standing in your face, jumping around, saying "heal dammit!".... make sure he gets nothing lol. When he uses his long cooldown skill, roll away and heal 50 players right in his line of sight. It's an awesome way to pass the time in those long boring raids.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    I wish I could do raids but I DC and get froze in load screen

6. Xanet Li

Xanet Li New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    聖峰の嵐
    Level:
    If you are a INT>VIT/DEX healer and want to get lots of exp from the pop raids, we usually suggest the INT monk. I know monk is design for STR/DEX acolytes, but INT healer is totally not a good choice to play with the pop raid. I was also a low level priest before so I know what you feel. I have already tested that you gain more exp for a party on 18F than you use INT skill playing in the pop raid. The problems here for healers attacking skill is too snow and low ATK and also difficult to attack the boss. INT monk won't give you strong ATK but monk have 4 hits in the same moment and also his strong hidden skill. This is much better than use a priest to play with.

p. s. INT monk is for pop raid only, also if you can reset you points, you don't have to think about this.