1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Healing Help

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Karina, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Karina

Karina Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ayla
    Level:
    Guild:
    UNIVERSAL
    I can't figure it out...

An 81 linker with a 5* staff and full int does regular heals at around 3k.
    I'm an 83 exorcist with a 6* staff with all of my points in int except 30 in vit and dex. My regular heal is at 1.4k.

We both mastered priest. The heal numbers aren't when they crit. We both have lvl 80 staffs.

Are my heals affected by my current adv class? Do I really need to restat all my points away from other stats and put them in int to get the good heals?
    I tested my heals and added my spare stat points into int. It seems like 1 int adds around 10 points to my heals. Is this right?

Any advice for me to heal better would be appreciated.

2. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Many many factors come in to play that determin the number output.

What branch is the heal, is the weapon customize, is any of the gear have orbs attached, are guild skills active, pets that affect stats, is weapon maxed out, are type crystals used, is a buff active, are thier a stack of buffs, and so many other factors.

In all honesty you really shouldnt try and compare your self to others that much. That guy built him self for either purely high heals/support or just unreasonably high matk from what you described in that short version of what he has. You cant excell at everything in a game. Thats just unrealistic and unreasonable and would be overpowered to the point of game breaking.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Karina

Karina Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ayla
    Level:
    Guild:
    UNIVERSAL
    Just hate being booted out of a party on floor 18 because i Was compared to another healer there.
    i gothat that whole "wkwk 1400?" followed by philipino garble about "curato" then i was booted lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    A lot of factor can affect that. The branch for link heal, the stat that the adv class gives, the type of weapon, etc I'm sure Rayleigh covered it all. Feels great to be talking about acolyte again. Since I'm remaking a characters again for the 3rd time.

5. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    ................Eff that I don't Really care who has Higher Heals Cause I rarely get an Acolyte to party with.............I would of Kept both............Why Choose 1 when you can have both? and no @rayleih & @Innosan are right and Trust me cause I been there comparing yourself to others only brings you down and makes you try to be that person also 1.4k Heals is Good enough Plus I really don't need 3k Heals..........I dodge...............a lot....................Rogues shouldn't be taking hits to where they need Heal of 3k................or Any Classes in Avabel...........Kinda makes me wonder about their Dodging Skills but anyway your Heals are fine I always looking for Supporters to Farm F14, 17, 21, and Random Dungeon with me if Heals are more than HP L Potions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Well In my view what's the point of having high heals when you don't know how to be a great support. Cause if you got the stuff but don't know how to use it then it's just useless.

7. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Lol Acolytes are more than just Heals it one of their Primary Abilities but it not the only thing we want them for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    I understand the worry. 1400 heals is unable to offset the damage taken by enemy.

Dex will not cut to be effective and in fact is hindering if given at starting stat if factoring healing as a main consideration (It's easier to go Int and Vit early, focus on Int more 3:1 ratio).

Link Heal skill level plays a part. Make sure it is the first to max. Even ignoring shine laser or holy ray. Just make sure Link heal is max as first priority.

With mainly Int will make heals a lot better. So Int rings, weapon choice customize will set at higher matk.

• Like Like x 1
  9. UnoDos

UnoDos New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    YaoiGod
    Level:
    Guild:
    GayHomoPerv
    It is quite shocking to see such a huge spread in heal amount 6s @ 1.4k vs 5s @ 3k.
    I know this is kind a noob question....but first of all....is your rod maxed???
    Secondly, 5s lv80 rod heal at 3K non crit is quite impressive. More than likely the linker's INT has been boosted to 180 or higher.
    Because I can barely break 3K with 7s lv85 rod, but ofc my INT only at 160 total :)
    Also your skill branch....if you chose fast cool down or fast charge, your heal will be weaker compare to the ones chosen high heal effect.

• Like Like x 1
  10. aleph

aleph Active Member

To answer the OP, which advanced class you're on will only affect your heals marginally (that is, not very much). Any advanced class effect is based on the boost you get from the advance class passive, if any. At most, you'll get 3-4 INT points from being a Linker or Priest, as opposed to Exorcist which doesn't give any stat bonuses for its passive. My acolyte has a reasonably high int, but it's not maxed, and i think I have some VIT & MEN in my build. Wielding a maxed 6* level 80 2h rod my heals are around 2500, crit is just shy of 4000. With a maxed 7* lv90 2h rod I think my crit can go as high as about 4950. This only changes a little bit whether I switch to Linker, Priest, Monk, Exorcist, or plain Acolyte. My link heal is lv8 or 9, I can't remember atm. Rayleih's comments regarding there being a lot of factors that affect your heal amount are correct: there are lots of factors.

Given what you've said about your equipment, I would look at the following (in the order I've written them) to figure out why your heals are so low:
    1. Is your weapon maxed? A maxed 5* 2h rod will always outperform an unstrengthened 6* rod of the same equip level. But a 6* 2h rod strengthened to Lv40 will be pretty close to equivalent to a maxed 5* 2h rod of the same equip level.
    2. What is your skill level for Link Heal? In most cases a Lv10 (mastered) Link Heal is going to be way stronger than a Lv5 link heal, even if the Lv5 link heal is performed using better equipment than the mastered Link Heal
    3. Skill branch will make a difference. I think there's a chart somewhere on these forums comparing the effectiveness of the various branches (here it is: http://avabelforums.com/threads/magician-or-acolyte.247/page-2#post-14527). You'll see that a level 30 acolyte with Lv9 link heal (Branch B) and a maxed 5* Lv30 1h blunt weapon and 60 int does 1415 crit heal.
    4. You've said that you're both using 2h rods. If you ever dual wield two 1h rods or blunt weapons, make sure that they are both strengthened equally.
    5. If you're using or 1h rod/blunt with knuckles, the knuckles will cut your heal in half since they don't have any MATK.
    As for the things other commenters have said about not comparing your heals to other players', I say that if you're going to play an acolyte and want to party up, how your heal compares to other's is vitally important. If your heal is significantly below what your party believes is a "normal" heal, they'll boot you because you're not earning your keep. Anything less than 2000 non crit and people will be questioning whether you should be kept in the party.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Whoop thier it is~!

12. Karina

Karina Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ayla
    Level:
    Guild:
    UNIVERSAL
    Wow! Thanks for all the input :)
    Don't know who to quote or reply to so I'll just add more info.

My staff is a maxed out level 80 6 star with Di custom.
    I discovered I had only lvl 8 link heal so maxed it out giving me an extra 100ish to heal.
    I restat'ed my skills to scrape off a little from Dex and vit to increase int by 30 pts. I'm now up to around 1650 in regular heals. I think if I went all int my heals would land under 2k still.
    I could only afford a 3 int ring and I have a 4 men ring otherwise.
    I've mastered priest taking my sunlight with me (increased crit chance).
    I've almost mastered exo before going over to linker.
    Not that it matters but I have 6 starlvl 80 armor maxed out.
    And I still am confused why some people can heal over 2k with my type of gear at my level :D
    I still feel there's something missing to get that extra boost in heal power or something.
    Oh and I can't figure out what my link heal branch was but I'm suspecting healing power.

Thanks guys!

13. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    I see. Try to get two +7 ring (Wisdom) or at least get two +5 int rings (also name as Wisdom). If have gold, get + 10 ring lol. +6 horse ring also not bad hehe :p (recently got it under 1.5m).

14. aleph

aleph Active Member

Some more data:
    My aco is lv91. Int 141+30, so I guess that is pretty close to full int. Link heal b lv8 (power type).
    With lv80 6* lean Di 2h rod maxed, unbuffed MATK 556-577. Link heal is around 2300-2350 non crit, 3546 crit. Add in attack mist lv9 and sunlight lv10 long time type, and int goes to 141+39 and link heal is around 2450 normal/3706 crit with MATK 589-603.
    With 6* ririte di 1h blunt maxed my unbuffed MATK is 497-518, and link heal is around 2075, 2200 normal / 3345 crit buffed with MATK 530-544.
    Dual wielding 2x ririte blunt does not affect heals or buffs but it does increase damage when both are light element.
    Wielding blunt + shield does not nerf heals but it does reduce damage of attack skills.
    All of the above numbers are without charging the skill. Buffed blunt fully charged is about 2500/3810, 2h rod is 2780/4230.
    I did some less thorough tests with 1h rods as well (maxed lv85 abyssal wand). Those are very slightly stronger in MATK than the blunt weapons but they are also very slightly slower so I decided to sell them and stick with dual blunt. I also haven't recently tested out 7* lv90 2h rod magi epilon since the heals from my lv80 gear is enough for my play style and the 7* normally travels with my mage.
    As for rings, if I was on a budget and hadn't allocated all my stat points, I'd put points into INT and then boost VIT with rings, since the latter are usually cheaper.
    Also try for multiples of 20 points in your INT so you can maximize the bonus MATK. IIRC there's a thread on stat bonuses somewhere.
    Edited to add: with my two INT Rings removed (+10 each) my uncharged crit with the 6* rod is 3480. Blunt is 3115. Both are still above 2k unbuffed non crit.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Stat Guide by @Joseph is in Class Disscussion Section. Also INT 160 or More is Consider Full INT.
    2h Rod:
    INT 141+30=171=MATK 556~577= Around 2300-2350 Heals/3546 Crit Heal(No Buff and Not Charged).
    INT 141+39=180=MATK 589~603= Around 2450 Heals/3706 Crit Heal(Buffed and Not Charged)
    (Increase of 33~36 MATK gives 150 pts/160pts to Heals)
    Charged: 2780/4230
    INT 141+10 No Charged Crit: 3480
    1h Blunt:
    MATK 498~518 2075 Heals(No Buff and Not Charged)
    MATK 530~544 2200 Heal/3345 Crit Heal(Buff and Not Charged)
    (Increase of 32~26 Pts gives 125 pts to Heal)
    Charged: 2500/3810
    INT 141+10 No Charged Crit: 3115
    also with the Rings aleph is indeed Full INT, and Congrats and Thanks to aleph for sharing this Data.

• Like Like x 1
  16. adrian e martinez

adrian e martinez Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    DOOM
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    I'm a level 79 linker , Honestly I'm using a 3*staff & I'm at 3k crits buffed non crits 1500+ So it's odd to see ur more geared than me and healing less :s . Which branch did u choose and wat level are ur healing spells at? I'm at about 120 int and mixed between vit/dex more of a pvp build , so how ur healing less then my non crits is a mystery

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. SIXX

SIXX The Number of the Beast

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    not sure if this was mentioned but light element adds to heal also I remember noticing a huge boost in heals when leveling skill from 9 to 10.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Hi there Doom! ^^ . This is me Scylla. Always think that our heals are always good. 1500/3000 heals cannot be done by other classes with just one click. No matter how much we heal, critics should always treasure us in every party. :) .
    I want to believe that leveling link heal skill from 9 to 10 gives drastic amount f boosted heal. I have 6* level 80 rod Di maxed, and I heal 2050-2100 unbuffed. I always thought of buying +10 int ring to increase my heals to at least 2300 non crit, unbuffed heal. I think this might be right. If ever, that should be my problem because I only have level 8 link heal.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SIXX

SIXX The Number of the Beast

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    I'm lvl 90 Angelus with 150 int+10 (bonus) I use 6* ( lvl 80 rod /light element) and I heal around 2800+ with Link heal.(unbuffed )
    Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. JetJet

JetJet Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Scylla
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Woah nice! That is a very big difference. Plus light element. I really need to master Link Heal o.o . Thanks :)