1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Hawk assult vs kill drive

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by Arystasha, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Arystasha

Arystasha Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Arystsh
    Level:
    Guild:
    NoneButLookin
    Hey so i read all of the rouge stuff. But i know your going have some base skill when using an advanced class. So heres my question.

Kill drive vs hawk assult.

The advantage i can see to kill drive is aoe. But the cool down is slow. Where as hawk assult is spamable but no aoe and fairly slow animation. (Slower than most rouge skills i mean) so which is better for pvp and is it worth maxing out?

Your thoughts...

2. Crisiss9

Crisiss9 New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    cramium
    Level:
    I use both skills since hawk assault is used with rumble vain and throw dagger as a combo. Plus they don't use a lot of sp as compared to the adv skills :confused:
    so my advise is just use both and if u want to keep one go for hawk assault :) cause i find the combo deadly and evasive

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Every skill has a use and can be utilized. You need to figure out how. This video is one example of what i keep pushing for. Skill over gear or lv. Evasion and accuracy over all, you can do so little damage and still be the better player just because you can evade all thier attacks and land yours.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Arystasha

Arystasha Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Arystsh
    Level:
    Guild:
    NoneButLookin
    Hey thanks all so far that have replyed. I see what you mean from that video. I tend to fight "in the pocket" more and pursue. But of course that gets me killed. From your video. Your hardly close to the guy. Mostly from what i can see you hit him 90% of the time with dodge dagger and kinda of used hawk assult as an escape method when got to close. Is that about right?

5. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Your right dodge dag is my primary damage dealer in this fight (not intended as i use it for a secondary evade skill more then anything but they just love chasing so its a plus for me). However hawk was meant to deal damage and change directions suddenly while moving to keep my in consent movement, I cant afford to stay still with that itty bitty hp count. I dont stay close for a good many reasons, one to keep them just in range of my own skills and have more leeway when they launch thier own skills, two i know how much delay i have so i adjust my range accordingly and let that do the damage for me while keeping even further away from thier skills.

Ping is a fickle thing in this game and so few know how to play with it. Thats what lets me win most of my fights. When i have matches lasting 15 mins to an hour+ is i am more likely fighting someone who knows how to evade on que but cant quite hit thier mark. Its the opposite when they are a damn good shot and land thier shots 70%+ of the thier skill lanuchs (even if it nicks you once). Those players i love to fight as i rather focus on my evasion then my accuracy but i try to maintain that to a certain degree.

Thier are players who play with thier def and take the hits just to deal a heavy hard hitting hit, those players can be tougher just because they know you have to get closer or within range of them. Weaker def targets do the same thing but they play on the wall to force them to come in from one direction. Iv seen a fair amount of skilled players with crappeh def do this and just wreck thier target because they thought they had the advantage when its the person on the wall who does.

Avabel is a high skill cap game and i will keep pushing that because otherwise i wouldnt be able to take that lv 30 and do what i did with it.

6. Steve B

Steve B LINE ID: agent_barnes

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Hey Ray!!! Its been a long time since Ro~Ray and Starvas have met up. I'm maining a rogue right now (rebirth leveling with Starvas got boring), and I always wanted to tell you that you manage to play to the rogue archetype in this game. I see many rogues play as "fast warriors", so its refreshing to see one that dodges and evades over full assault.

7. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Hell yea man, i miss playing yea. I miss playing period :c

At least 17 years of playing rpgs, its how rogue types should play. Rogues hit fast at medicore damage allowing for lovely dps, but most importantly that evasion. They always had the best of it and that was thier primary def cause most rpgs gave them somewhere from the 3rd to 5th lowest base hp and or def amounts. Avabel is the only place iv seen rogues have such high hp amounts in comparison to other base classes. Its crazy. Dont help much either when thier is no role for tanks in this game.

You have my Line, hit me up :p

8. ovan

ovan New Member

Avabel Online (Revere ch1) IRL (Chicago IL)
    Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    I am not a Rogue but I often get hit or see hawk assault dealing sufficiently more damage at a faster rate than kill drive also drive is slower to charge and HAWK can be used twice with that as a chosen perk type at lvl 6 skill