1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Gunslinger weak with single wield handgun?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Hich', Mar 9, 2014.

1. Hich'

Hich' (ノ・∀・)ノ ≡ ┻━┻

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Hich
    Level:
    Guild:
    PHiLiPPiNE
    Im nearing to job master my Tg. So im thinking of getting Gs. But im a bow user. I want to use a rifle for my Gs but the sad thing is I dont have avatars for it so I wont look decent (and i dont like that :D). Now im thinking of dual wielding handguns, but costs are always double with dual wields. So Im asking you elder Gunslingers there if I would be weak if I single wield hangun, in terms of normal attack and skill?

2. Kooari

Kooari Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Xorion
    Level:
    Guild:
    illusion
    When dual wielding, your atk is the average of the 2 weapons in your hand (this has been tested and proved). For example, Right hand gun atk = 200 - 250, Left hand gun atk = 180 - 230, Your actual atk would be 190 - 240 (average of 200 and 180 is 190, and 250,230 is 240). This means that if you use the 200 - 250 handgun by itself without the weaker handgun in your left hand, you'd be slightly stronger. So basically when dual wielding, you want 2 weapons that are very similar in atk, if not exactly the same so neither weapon effects your maximum possible atk. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    You choose,
    Stronger normal attacks = costs you double
    Weaker normal attacks = costs you less.

Don't worry, you'll have the same damage skill wise (given that you havr 2 equal guns)

And btw, you need dual guns for fighting in long range, one set of normal attacks (6hits) is almost around the damage of 1 multishot/barrage.
    Im giving up all info about dual gun for newb gunslingers since i decided to switch to rifle.

Damn this dual wield made my favorite class a very common one :/

4. Grawrz

Grawrz Active Member

Class:
    Ranger
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLARS Inc
    Hipster Marco :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. King_hunter201(

King_hunter201( New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Darryl
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    Also confused about that I mean which is best str Dex build or Dex vit or Dex str build?

6. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    A few things:

1. This isn't the right place to talk about builds. The topic is clearly about handguns. There is a thread on that.

2. There is no best builds. You do whatever you like. Some would prefer Str>Dex. Others prefer Dex>Str. You really have to think about what you like and prefer. (I don't really hear much about rangers with VIT in their build, but that can work too.

3. There are no arrows or anything to indicate how the builds are. From my point of view, the first and third options are exactly the same.

• Like Like x 1
  7. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    I don't want to tell anyone how to play the game. But I feel 1H(Hand) guns, 1H rods etc is not the way to go if you are completely new to the game and free2play. For a starting ranger I recommend a 2H Bow or 2H gun when you're level 50. You shouldn't struggle with 1 1H gun too much before 50. Sometimes 1H are cheaper.Theyre cheaper because you're buying double the work lol

1Hand guns are better suited for adding a monster type right?And its best to do that when you're not new,and have the gold for 2 high star level weapons since it has a more..permanent effect lol.

Concerning *your build,I did DEX=STR with two regular 3star level appropriate 1H guns (until 50)and I did just fine.With basic attack,double the bullets,double the crit chance!Plus i kited a lot when I solo'd lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. King_hunter201(

King_hunter201( New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Darryl
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    Ohh I see.. so two hand is best?

Well im new to the forum so I need time to adjust and thanks I guesss

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2016
  9. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    Best for generally everything. 2H attack is higher than 1H(unless you modify them to bonus damage against a specific type of monster like "human"monsters for player versus player BUT 1-you're still attacking weak against everything else 2-you cannot sell your weapon to another player when you modify it.)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Two handed weapons typically give more damage per hit yes. However thier is more to just damage a weapon does. Just like every other rpg weapon types have roles and uses. Just like you would want big honking damage per hit, others may want to hit faster or use skills quicker. This game offers different weapon types and different cooldown ratios to skills on top of the damage modifiers. In ranger's case handguns offer the best cooldown modifier. So you can choose between DPS or DPH.