1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Gladiator vs Priest

Discussion in 'Avabel Class Discussions' started by AEONXAL, Oct 28, 2013.

1. AEONXAL

AEONXAL Order of Archangel

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    AeonX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Antagonist
    Hello guys ..I'm new, which advance class would win in this pvp? In your opinion.. why?:woot:

2. JustAnAcolyte

JustAnAcolyte New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ryan
    Level:
    It depends on your preferance.. Do you want to be a front line attacker? Or take a more skillful approach? Do you want to keep your team alive? There really is no right answer here. I hope this helps you! :)

3. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    There is also the fact that in general Acolytes are hard to kill since they have their heals to support themselves, so they tend to die less. But then again they have less attack power, even with their matt skills so Gladiator is great in their attack strength lol

4. JustAnAcolyte

JustAnAcolyte New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ryan
    Level:
    But you can also use those attack and defence boosting skills, those really help as well. C:

5. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Priest. With proper stats and skills, priest can received one hit 6k lol and still survive. Thats around 3 hit critical from players.

6. cennie

cennie pocky-eating prodigy

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    yiff
    Level:
    Guild:
    OddSquad
    Depends how strong the gl is •~• if they're quick and strong enough, they can kill the pr before they can heal. But like the other posts, pr are so hard to kill. But pr are slow; close on them and attack if they use holy ray or something lol. Other than that, pr wins if they dodge easily and know when to attack

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Hi cennie ^_^, i never see gladiator hit more than 2200 per hit, so is it really possible they can kill priest?

Hahaha maybe if they hit before you use life engage, then still got a tiny chance can KO priest.

So they need to use skill that deliver at least 2000+ damage with a luck of 3 critical hits before you effectively roll away from gladiator to heal. Difficult. After life engage, it's mission impossible to kill priest.

Holy ray too slow in pvp, tested pvp with restarted game twice and regret easy game at start, difficult end game and pvp. So might as well suffer early haha. Skip this skill, though i enjoy this skill a lot.

Shine laser still acceptable (i skip this skill), clear lance is more effective in long run due to the range the skill has.

Priest is difficult to skill due to game mechanics. I'm restarting game to test a easy way out.

Priest is overpowered. Impossible? to kill (more test needed lol) and never run out of SP with correct skills.

8. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Never tried pvp in a long time. So I can't really say much in here but when I was back at lvl 52 pr I had a K/D of 9/1. The only time that I died is when 2 wr attacked me on the last seconds of the game.

9. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Sound familiar lol. My K/D is 1/9, opposite of yours :)

At 52 level, my acolyte only got 2 skills. Heal light lv3, link heal lv9. Tried to tank pvp that time with 2500+ hp. Epic fail.

10. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    My skills when I first played on pvp with my pr is link heal lvl 7 , shine laser lvl 7, holy ray lvl 5, and clear lance lvl 2. The game was 2v2 it was 2 gl on the other team and in my team is an alchemist. So the game is healers vs tank/heavy hitters. But thanks to the creator for his stun we demolish them by having teamwork. In most pvp the best thing you can do to win is teamwork.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Aiya, that's gvg. Have you try pvp alone?

12. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    That was a tdm battle I was talking about. Never tried gvg yet since I lost interest in all those types of pvp or gvg. I like doing dungeons and grinding floors more. I'm a healer and I'm always busy with helping out others. And I might try gvg or pvp next time again.

13. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Yeah great, hope to see you soon in pvp battle or gvg also can. Once i get a active guild, i will go gvg more *_*

14. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Good luck finding a guild. Though there are some guilds recruiting on the guild section of forums. I might make my own guild too. But I'm still thinking about it.

15. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    I have joined two dfifferent guild before. Both are not active. Maybe is the time different or something, Next time i only join popular guild. (^-^)

Maybe i will join your guild.

16. cennie

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    yiff
    Level:
    Guild:
    OddSquad

Isn't life engage a linker skill? Also, shine laser has longer range, and higher attack power, and is less sp consuming than clear lance.

And no, priest are not impossible to kill. More likely its impossible for THEM to kill others lol. Just kidding - priest can kill, but just very slowly. Leaves plenty of time for the gl to kill them, to close in on them. Link heal takes a long time to cast, too. You're basically vulnerable during healing.

One strong hit, such as the fire explosion skill, back and forth slash skill (such a wr pro lmao) and you're most likely dead (even if you manage to survive and roll away, it will be likely they'd catch you before you could heal again. Experience).

And yes, wr can hit more than 2.2k (by a quick combo. If you mean a slash or something, then no, not yet, anyway). As you get to higher levels, they just get harder and harder. They have skills that can help increase their endurance, and shine laser will be like nothing if you can't hit it consecutively and quickly. Holy ray is too risky, but it will take off a good amount of HP is hit effectively.

All in all, it just comes down to skill. How well a priest knows how to handle a gladiator and vise versa. I've killed gl, and I got killed. Some were even lower lvled than me when I lost, some were higher when I won xD My GMs alt, a gl, was around 12 levels lower than me. There were SO much close calls when we fought; I nearly died like 3 or 4 times lol. She's good, she's faster and smart with her attacks, and I only won by spamming heal, managing to get a crit Holy Ray, and also, it was an in-guild tourney, and we had a rule: No HP pots at all. So she couldn't QUICKLY replenish her hp.

Gladiators have a skill, you see, that increases amount of HP regent (similar to repose mind). Also, they have a skill that increases def (I think).

Think about it. Priest, of course, have the best survivability out of all the classes. But that doesn't mean gl doesn't have good endurance too. We have the weakest overall attacks. They have, overall, the strongest. Our attacks will do small dmg, but they will slowly "heal" over time, and soon it will be like nothing. No pots, remember, when I fought her. I remember hitting a laser once, took away around 15-20% of her HP. I couldn't hit her since (she's a good dodger, she knows how I fight. Not surprising either, as her main is now a exorsist with two JM in linker/priest. And I have to admit, I didn't really have an attempt to hit her without ensuring a massive blade to the side. Ow.). Soon, the green went back full, sadly. Priest take risk with attacking, they have to know how much dmg their opponent can do, and how much they can handle.

Plus, don't forget how the damage adds up! It's not like you can heal 4k all at once, btw. (Unless its one of those crit heals. God, I love those)

Shine laser is the easiest skill to use, as it involves the least risk, but holy ray is sorta the only skill you have in hopes of beating them (at least, quickly enough that they don't manage to get you)

Maybe you haven't fought many good gl out there, but there are good ones that have fought pr before and that know how to handle them. Trust me; bad ones are easy. Can't even reach me. They are way too slow, I use holy ray as they go after me, use shine laser, repeat, etc. Heal when necessary, and when I have to, I swear they choose the slowest skill of their set, I roll away before they can even touch me lmao.

I am a priest working my way to level 80, and I think if a master warrior vs master priest, warrior pretty much dominates PvP with priest, but we can beat them if we know how to handle them. Plus, they're slow, but take note, if they decide to. They don't skills as fast as a Rouge's (not even close xD) but they have some that are quicker than their overall skill set, lower dmg, but quicker, but we're slow too, and almost ALL of our skills are slow. Timing and SKILL is key to both sides, really •~•

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Cennie you will learn one linker skill soon, pick life engage, very beautiful skill. Or if you are a game tester like me, just spend some hard/sharp crystal to test linker skills.

Shine laser (c) range is longer than clear lance? Weird...unless my clear lance got bug or something. It reaches so far. Shine laser? Sigh. Disspointing. Clear lance got a nicer animation, look cooler haha.

Clear lance is a unique skill, after life engage, attack mist and sunlight used, it becomes a killer move for priest. Strong heals and damage (more sp use).

Link heal is a vitailty skill. You need a good armor and high vitailty level to use this skill to the best result. Level 10 link heal with skill boost is good.

I will take note of your experience and test further more this restarted game. Testing the new advance class of acolyte.

18. cennie

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    yiff
    Level:
    Guild:
    OddSquad
    I actually was a linker at first, but then changed to priest since floor 19 was too crazy (I needed selfee heal so bad). Now, I have Job Mastered priest and am a linker now, all my skills either lvl 8 or 9. Actually, I chose barrier force (I place it to stand my ground and then aim and fire that laser lol).

I don't really use life engage; even if I chose longer lasting time, it still feels way too short lol. It goes back down quickly, before the animation ends. I don't like spamming skills.

Shine laser (c)? I forgot which one that was. If its the "longer range/higher attack" one, then yeah, I think it has a longer range than clear lance. If the "shorter distance/more attack power" one, I think its around the same range.

Then again, its all in the player's style dude ^^ whatever works great for you is good then.

19. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Yea~shine laser (c) is the long range more damage skill (more sp also lol). Frankly speaking i love this skill. Just pvp with damage freak is too difficult. Need a larger range, evade backwards skill to survive.

Clear lance is a big circle! No escape at all for opponent. Hahaha. And slightly lean backwards. Like a mini evade. Maybe it's just my illusion^-^

20. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Btw, life engage got a max hp and sp branch, which is better. It's about the benefits it gives through regeneration.

So more hp and sp means more regeneration. Long lasting branch i test is not that long last and it is bad in long term usage.

Repose mind is god like skill when passively 'combo' with life engage.