1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

General questions about the game.

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by Hawkvales, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Hawkvales

Hawkvales New Member

Hey people, I'm looking for a new mobile MMO to play and Avabel seems like a good one. But before I burn on it, I have some questions about it, mostly regarding end-game. Generaly what its features? I mean I know it's a PvP focused game, but is there like 2v2/3v3/etc arena with leaderboard? Is it more open world PvP? Battlegrounds? And are there any PvE end-game aspects at all? Dungeons/raids?
    Other side activities, economy/trading, professions, life-skills etc?
    Lastly are there any active EU guilds playing? Does it have content for that, like GvG?
    I'm thinking the possibility of playing a healer, I like that role, but are they viable?

Thank you in advance :)

2. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou 「Supporting 京アニ!」 Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    It'll take quite a long journey of auto-farming on floors to get to the max character level. Mainly you want to level out all of your base class' advanced classes and when you reach LV200+ also the Awakened Classes. In PvP there are leaderboards with its own arena. You can set the rules yourself. There's also Guild Vs Guild. There's also a World Vs World (not sure anymore if it was called that), but it's on cross-server with other servers (like you can encounter Japanese players there for example) besides our global one, where you have to join a color bracket and conquer "towers" in an wide map.

Raids.... in the golden time of Avabel there were raids, form time to time, but nowadays I haven't really seen any being summoned..

The economy...is well....at this point of the game, unique. In exchange for the retirement of the "stall" NPC (NPC where you could buy and sell stuff to and from other players as well as trade with them) is now the easier way on earning gold through floor farming and other means as well as with daily logins where you can receive gems, which were before hardly earned for free players. These gems can be used in shop, however not all kind since some are really still requiring the need of the so-called "paid-gems" (real cash currency).

There were a few exception on trading items I thought but not in exact details by myself; so if someone who reads this and knows more, please take it over for me~ ^^

Professions are literally your base class' advanced classes and its awakened classes. For a better overview, see the list in the link in my signature below ↓

With Life-skill you mean HP skills/healing skills? The main class aimed at healing are the INT-type Acolyte and its INT-Advanced classes. These have the most variety of healing skills, but are slow at leveling especially if you're planning to solo, so be warned.

Guilds have the Guild Room unlocked when the Guild has reached a certain condition. There you can get items you can use for "myRoom" and decorate it but also items you can use for the gameplay as well. Of course you can have the Guild Room edited too.
    Someone else has to answer for the active EU Guild part since I'm in my own Guild that's just me at this point, since the friends I played with aren't playing anymore and I'm more or less also not playing thát much either myself. Currently on my that-amount-of-hiatus again...still need to get back and get my main to Lv200 for the Awakened classes myself xD
    I'm still somewhat updated with the game nevertheless =3=)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hawkvales

Hawkvales New Member

Hey! Thank you veeery much for your detailed response. You answered many of my conecerns! Really appreciate it.

So, as I understood, you have to "AFK"/let the game on auto-play alot to reach endgame level eh? I really hate that :( , I don't like auto-combat..
    Really sad that PvE/Raids are inactive now.
    About arenas, what do you mean that we can set the rules by ourself? Also are combos with healers good?? (For 2v2,3v3 or 5v5 for example)
    Also is it possible to change "respecc" on your char? Like being able to play as a DPSer but somehow to change skills and become a healer?

Regarding profressions I was mostly talking about crafting/gathering skills. And so for life-skills, activities that don't necessary include combat.

Also what about that release on steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1130700/AVABEL_ONLINE/). Does anyone know something???

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  4. hmmm

hmmm New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    Actually reaching max lvl is pretty easy right now, the part where it gets harder is upgrading your gears.

For pvp, there is league where you could also form a party to participate or solo where there are leaderboards, but they rarely have healers or atleast full support types. you could join guilds who are very active in official gvg where there are leaderboards as well. But you could join random tdm(team death match) for fun. Also pvp/gvg rooms arent open world, they are in an arena.

There are raids but now they arent really good, because its easier to get exp now and raids doesnt give good enough exp.

Dungeons, there are advents that open 4 days a week, we mainly farm items for boss avatars/orbs. There is zenith, which is kinda like a raid, you could do solo/with 6 people/ with guild (50people). And theres defence line (DL) , small scale (6 people) or medium scale (18 people) basically you are gonna defend cores and finish objectives. Zenith and DL has rewards we can exchange for exp/jexp/drop books, items to upgrade important rings etc. There are also orb dungeons where we get really good rings that could give a lot of stats as you lvl it

Also there is tower scramble, its where guild alliances fight to get a tower and def it from other alliances before the time ends, the strongest guilds participate/fight for towers weekly. Since you're aiming to be a healer i decided to tell you about this since healers are mostly for gvg/tower in avabel right now

As for the end game, right now its really improving your gears for gvg/pvp/tw, and since avabel keeps updating, increasing lvl cap, and gears lvls, upgrading our gears also seems unending lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hawkvales

Hawkvales New Member

Thank you for your reply, it was rather enlightening as well. The endgoal of the game being just a constant process of upgrading your gear sounds pretty boring tbh ^^.
    The most important question that rises is how much p2w is involved in that??

6. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou 「Supporting 京アニ!」 Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    well.. it's not that you're required to do that...but because it's a long-term repetitive farming for exp and Jexp... Most end up auto floors while doing other stuff... Or let it on auto during night

with "can set the rules by yourself" I mean, that you can choose what kind of rules there is when making a room in the arena. There should be some rules options you can choose from. In case of a more "Open arena" which is pure just killing others, there's the no-rule place, which is literally no rule. Who dies, just dies and gets revived at the neutral area.

hmm.. if with PvP content...then Healers is as said, not really chosen much. Not sure about now, but think it's still the same...people are often complaining about Acos healing during PvP, because they can't (if not hardly) die. In the past they were often asked not to heal, from what I remember.. It's different in GvG though...(haven't really actually done any GvG myself, but I did watch a few in-game, as well as videos)..

Not really sure what you mean with "respecc"... But you right now get to LV50 to chance to change your base class. Past that level you cannot change anymore, and are stuck with it until the end (unless you create a 2nd character on same account with another class). If that's what you really meant..? Otherwise, the skills themselves don't change, and are set in stone. Of course you can freely choose which skills to use and which not (because there are several and different usage for skills).

Well...a few years ago, Asobimo indeed made a teaser about Avabel releasing on other platforms which Steam was one of them (then I thought it was shown as "PC" but later on the teaser set as "steam". Haven't heard of it until just a few weeks ago in the Discord server... But other than that, nothing until you came with that link which isn't available yet either, but only a showcase page.. Completely no idea when they'll be releasing it :thinking:

hmm...depends, but if you ask me, personally spending real money into this game isn't worth it with its Gacha list... because the lists offers too many things, and you hardly get what you want... You can pretty much still do well without spending, it just takes a bit more time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hmmm

hmmm New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    i agree, i guess in my opinion if u decide to p2w u get stronger faster... and could "look" stronger lol but the games pretty f2p friendly, we could get some gems daily, and save up for some items in shop, also gears are available at npcs so with hard work/farming we can get there :) also our skills/strategy matter, so p2w people doesnt necessarily mean they always win

• Agree Agree x 2