1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

EX Skills

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by wacks, Mar 17, 2017.

1. wacks

wacks Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    wacks
    Level:
    Hi guys!

I've been seeing a lot of updates recently about EX Skill I've been looking for a thread that explains how it works and how to acquire it... is there one? Can you point me out to the right direction.

So far this is the only link that i found
    https://avabelonline.com/information/detail/?information_id=2400

The skills are SUPPPPPPEEERRRRR CCOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!

"EX Skill" that grants further power has been added.
    This Skill can be used by equipping certain "Skill Ring" which can be acquired from the Quest that can be accepted by mastering each Advanced Class.

Three points below must be fulfilled to accept the Quest.
    "Currently in the Class that match the Ring", "Achieved Job Master of the Class that match the Ring", "Has done Rebirth for the Class that match the Ring".
    Fulfill all requirements and accept the Quest from the NPC "Skill Master Perseus" to get the Ring!

*"Crescent Ring", the material for evolving Skill Ring will be released as the reward of various contents that will be available in future updates.

[EX Skills of the 1st Advanced Classes]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Left: Arcadia (Priest) Right: Arrow of Arjuna (Sniper)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Left: Forging (Blacksmith) Right: Last Slumber (Nightmare)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Left: Tint Resonance (Bard) Right: Tyrant (Gladiator)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Left: Crude Blade (Debuster) Right: Keravnos (Wizard)

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I don't think a thread was made since the EX skills are class exclusive. Making a giant thread on its base concept would be a waste since it spans across multiple classes. Each skill ring needs to be placed in its respective thread for organization purposes. The basics of it are very straight forward. You literally posted the exact info needed to obtain one.

The reason why you aren't finding a lot of info on EX skill rings here is because we lack the members proving info on them. The Revenger EX skills rings are in their respective threads, but we don't have the other players in other classes that fulfill the requirement to obtain them. (I think @Zucrea has some, but he hasn't posted anything.)

As for info, you already have the info on how to get the skill ring down. I'll fill in the rest. After you get the ring, you can equip it. It takes up one accessory slot. (Though with the latest update, you can get more slots.) Only the character that finished the quest can equip and use the skill ring (so no trying to mix them with other classes and characters). Finally, (I think this one is the most important, so I'll probably bold it.) YOU HAVE TO REMAIN IN THE CLASS IN ORDER TO USE THAT SKILL RING! I think this is important to note as this prevents you from using more than one EX skill ring at a time. This also means that you can't be as free with your final class if you want to use a certain ring (Ex: Doubling up on Lost Speller's passive would be awesome, but you would have to sacrifice it if you want to use Wizard's EX skill ring.)

As for personal recommendations, I don't recommend going after them until you are RB 8. Why? Because of how rebirth works. (I'll use Creator as an example.) Sure, you can rebirth Blacksmith, unlock and master it again, and get the ring, but if you rebirth again, it is pointless. You have to be Blacksmith to use the ring, so it will just be taking up inventory space until you get around to being Blacksmith again. You have to unlock it again in order to use the ring, but you can't level up another class if you are a Blacksmith. So, really it is best to wait on them.

Since this is a thread on the EX skill rings, I'll go ahead and post my thoughts on it. I feel this is the next step in the creating "classes." Rebirth itself was a broken concept. If they just added more advanced classes, they would be further breaking the game. There would be a massive divide between new players and older players. So for now, the pace has been slowed. I believe the EX skill rings are here to bring some balance. Originally, you weren't missing out if you just stacked up on another set of skills or a passive. Now, there is a reason to stay a certain class. (Example: Originally, there was no real reason to go back to Priest after RB. Now it has a skill attached to it.) I think it brings back the "final class" aspect that was lost with rebirth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. anthony91

anthony91 New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aNt91
    Level:
    Guild:
    Solar
    I would say little bad or little good in EX Skill Ring. Mostly, there were releasing EX skill and new class a lot of updates.

4. Kiyoshi 40

Kiyoshi 40 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Kiyoshi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tower
    I cant agree more with ur statement Ace...but,allready saw many ppl that invest in game real money (or not)explore this new feauters of game,even in rb 1,an Ex skill can be game change in a gvg i think..dont get me wrong plz i agree with u thats the right usage of exskills rings as u said above..i wanted to say about rb,i m new here but i feel something wrong with rb..(i finished every quest an all i have to do is push rb) anyway maybe its not the right thread here to talk about rb :)

5. ovan

ovan New Member

Avabel Online (Revere ch1) IRL (Chicago IL)
    Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    Hmm so from what i gather here, seems like any EX Skills have usually been sort of a post-game/end-game feature that of course just seems more Aesthetically pleasing than it would be Effectively.

6. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I guess EX skill mechanics could under rb because it is directly linked to it.

I won't deny their usefulness, but it is the rebirth part that it makes unnecessary trouble. You would have to unlock the class after EVERY rebirth. That uses more unnecessary sharp crystals, hard crystals, and possible other items (right now it is sharp and hard, but in the future it will be ORBs and gangues). That is why I recommend waiting. (Also, there is something that I want to test. If you get the skill ring, rebirth, and unlock the class, would you be able to use the skill ring even though the class wasn't mastered again?)

Also, you are less squishy and more likely to get more out of the EX skills at higher rb levels.

Don't know where you got that from...

Yes, they are definitely post-game, but they are definitely effective. They are all high damage and highly versatile skills... at level 1. (Now they can be evolved.) They are definitely worth going back to the original class for if you see fit. Priest's EX skill pretty much prevents death for a period of time as long as they are in the circle. Blacksmith's buffs are extremely high, can cause turnarounds in Tower and GvG, and is incredibly effective in Advents and ZENITH.

Because of how strong it is, the trade-off seems fair. If the skills were more "aesthetically pleasing" then, they would be ignored all together... but they aren't because of their usefulness.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Don't really like how they've done the EX skills so far.

From Wr so far paladin ring is best and firebringer/dkn will probably be op too.

-Gladiator let down slow and insufficient dmg.
    -Crusader not bad but does not step up to paladin at all.
    +Paladin

Rogue debuster was good but assassin is way op.

-Debuster not bad but does not step up to assassin.
    -Storm raider insufficient dmg.
    +Assassin

Ranger sniper wins right now but I imagine asuza will be broken.

-Gun Slinger aoe multihit but insufficient dmg.
    -Trap gunner aoe stun but insufficient coverage and dmg.
    +Sniper

Mage lost speller clearly wins as the other two are wind element and that's a server status no no.

-Wizard aoe multihit. Random area strikes = bad & wind element = bad.
    -Elementalist multihit. Too narrow and your weapons are probably wind for all the mage wind power moves which makes the skill wind too = bad.
    +Lost Speller

Wanderer geo dancer wins literally the hidden as water version.

-Bard buff. Takes way too long and insufficient compared to blacksmith.
    -Spiker multihit aoe. Unimpressive dmg, slow and narrow skill.
    +Geo Dancer

Acolyte priest wins.

-Monk multihit. Basically as narrow as flash knuckle or worse. Dmg not even considerable for hidden.
    ~Linker (forgot)
    +priest

Creator blacksmith wins but I think alchemist is interesting too.

-Enchantor element buff. Seems ineffective.
    +Blacksmith
    +Alchemist

Rev doesn't really have a good one right now.

-Vamp small aoe bad damage. SLOW.
    -Nightmare small aoe bad damage. SLOW.
    -Cleaver mid aoe multihit. Target must be moving for multihit.

Okay I know that's abundant information but see any patterns?
    They're already attached to the classes MOST likely to be your last class whether rebirth or not.

Wr = 2 pa hidden + op ring
    Ro = 2 as hidden + op passive x2 + op ring
    Ra = N/A so far. I'm sure Azusa will win.
    Ma = 2 op passive + op ring
    Wd = 2 gda hidden + op ring
    Ac = N/A so far. I'm sure Angelus will win.
    Cr = N/A so far. Planter will win. Bcr will be a letdown.
    Rv = N/A so far. Phantom (of available classes so far) will win.

There's my expectations.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. wacks

wacks Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    wacks
    Level:
    wow! thank you so much for all the info... hmmm i guess getting EX is a little harder than it sounds and also having all the class conditions that needs to be met is also a factor. I'll just keep EX Skills on my do list for now, hopefully I'll cross the bridge when i get there... or burn the bridge hehehe :dead:
    Again appreciate all the info... Enjoy!!!

9. anthony91

anthony91 New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aNt91
    Level:
    Guild:
    Solar
    I'm still wondering about about Sacred Cross Ex Skill ring from Paladin. I got 1 question what does animation attack looks like?

10. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Linker's is time dominance. From what I've seen and what it looks like, it appears to be a placing skill that slows enemies that touch it. Depending on the effects, It might be effective.

Enchanter is a weird class. It seems to have weird buff mechanics. From my current observations, the buffs are incredibly weak on its base level. I have an idea on what the buffs are truly based on, but I haven't gotten around to getting what I need to test it. If it seems ineffective now, it is most likely because it is following a similar pattern to the normal class. (I guess I can pawn what needs to be tested off on someone else since I'm juggling too much, but I would rather get it done myself. Plus, what is needed for the full potential tests is quite expensive if one doesn't want to farm.)

I think there is more to this that meets the eye. While on the DPS side, it is clear which EX skill will reign supreme. It's the one with good damage and good attachments. However, on the support side, that isn't as easy. I think that there probably won't be a best EX skill from the support side of things. Both Blacksmith and Alchemist are good. Enchanter is most likely misunderstood as usual (but that passive though...). Acolyte is similar. Priest's heal is awesome. I can always see it being a skill that will be used. Linker... well it does have good reason to job master twice (Double Barrier Force). I can imagine Exorcist's EX skill being the ultimate anti-magic troll (which could be awesome in Tower, GvG, and WvW). There is so much potential for the support side that there really can't be a winner there.

Also, with the latest update of adding accessory slots, it could be possible that we are only seeing the first wave of EX skill rings. It could be possible that this is just the beginning. We might getting to a point where we will have to choose from multiple skill rings to fit our playstyles (or maybe they didn't want players to not get other skill rings available).

BTW, Crafter is going to trump all. It is the most overlooked Creator advanced class. It has something for everyone.

11. anthony91

anthony91 New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aNt91
    Level:
    Guild:
    Solar
    Okay, they didn't record on Avabel Online's video, but i just saw one use on scared cross EX skill ring. Allow me to explain, the character was using a gear cross to plunge down the cross of light and exploded out of the light (AOE) while it heals on you and everyone. In PvP or GvG, its good to use on healing your allies when you use on scared cross EX skill ring in Paladin Class. You need to get close your allies on heal, and your opponent will get massive damage by scared cross EX skill. :D[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ARTG

ARTG Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ARTGX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arkangel
    paladin skill only heal? or does it hit too?

13. anthony91

anthony91 New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aNt91
    Level:
    Guild:
    Solar
    they are both in heal and hit

14. ARTG

ARTG Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ARTGX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arkangel
    awesome. i m now rb3. need a 2nd AOE skill like bladder. can i finish the quest with gems?

15. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    At the moment, no. You currently have to fulfill the requirements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ARTG

ARTG Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ARTGX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arkangel
    today hunt adv 70 4-5 time. only gather 1.2 gangue. darn it will take forever.

17. anthony91

anthony91 New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aNt91
    Level:
    Guild:
    Solar
    I know right. It will takes forever to do all Evolution Gangues :(

18. ARTG

ARTG Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ARTGX
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arkangel
    already made 4 of them. not so naab. LOL. i m doing with 2 char. will try with my 77lvl pri. it can handle adv 50 no prob. need to check it in adv 70

Edit: 32 pieces done

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  19. hmmm

hmmm New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    Actually, linkers ex skill shortens cool down of all the skills of their allies

20. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    WHAT!?!
    IT'S RECASTER ON STEROIDS!?!?! THAT'S BROKEN!!!