1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Elfeen skill branches w/ pics

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by marcocococo, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I guess I'll poke my head in.
    @~Rayleigh is really wrong with his sarcastic statement. Guns have zero magic attack. So the damage will drop drastically.

However, there is a minor work around. Around the time Nightmare was added, Rangers gained the ability to use daggers. On the surface, that is pretty useless. Though it is a decent compromise as you can equip a dagger with a 1h gun to at least have enough magic attack to deal damage with the skills. It won't be as strong, but it'll be usable.

So if you want to keep the full power of the Elfeen skills, you have to keep the bow. If you want use the skills with one hand guns, you have to equip a dagger. 2h gun won't work unless you have an insane amount of strength (which isn't recommended at all). Even then, it wouldn't compare to the other versions I mentioned earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Come again? Sarcasm wouldnt be the appropriate word, stern would be better suited. This was one of those questions that gave off the "hand holding" vibe due to its sheer lack of forethought. Someone is at the point of rebirth or is well on thier way to it must know the basics to thier class that they are playing. This includes the basic understanding of how thier weapons correlate with thier skills in terms of damage output ( at the utmost basic level). If he/she doesnt understand or know, thats fine and all. Then ask a more low to mid tier question that leads into said subject matter. Dont go off and ask such a...(iv tryed to avoid using this word -.-) dumb question and not expect that kind of follow up.

For you onlookers. You must learn to utilize your critical thinking skills, i know yall have it otherwise you wouldnt really be scouring around into a forum.

Btw @Ace144 , good on yea about adding using another matk weapon to at least get half the matk lost.

3. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    That was a typo. I meant isn't not is.

It was a basic question. That's why your statement made sense. Just a little bit of logic would have given the answer. Once again, I made a small typo.

4. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Dont need to apologize for somthing like that. >w> I encourage others to stand up to me and others or at least open a debate..

5. Isaiah455

Isaiah455 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Shody
    Level:
    Guild:
    HaZy
    • Please use the edit butten next time.

If it was meant for MATK then how come my attacks were 2000+ on 18F. I was using a level 70 7* Rune Bow

ok what am I supposed to think of? Narnia? Please. I d need

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2017
  6. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Did you even read? Everyone will tell you that Elfeen is based on your magic attack stat.
    Yes, the classic why do I deal good damage against this line. Personally, that line is too vague. Deal 2000+ to what enemy using what attack. Considering that one of your attacks is wind element and one of the mobs is water, I'm not surprised. (Plus, one enemy has a skill that reduces physical damage. If your damage isn't getting reduced when it is used, it is magic attack.)

Anyway, it is clear you didn't read or ask on the mechanics on Elfeen. I guess I'll be nice enough to tell you how it works. Elfeen is based on INT and your MATK stat. Bows already have magic attack on them. Every time you use an Elfeen skill you get an INT buff based on your STR. Simply, the skills will deal almost as much damage as your strength based skills on mobs (especially if the elements line up).

I've answered your question and gave you another solution in case you really don't want to use a bow in the future. What else is there?

7. Isaiah455

Isaiah455 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Shody
    Level:
    Guild:
    HaZy
    What am I supposed to think of? Unicorns screwing each other? Please dude I just did ask

8. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Please dont be a smartass about this. @Ace144 was nice enough to break it down not once but twice.

9. Isaiah455

Isaiah455 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Shody
    Level:
    Guild:
    HaZy
    • Please do not swear or harass others.

Clever, I'm supposed to think about that when all I wanted was an answer and you finna say I'm being a smartass? No. I just wanted the answer. I have no problem with him answering but y'all saying some dumb stuff..... ohh "Think real hard" Wtf is that supposed to mean

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  10. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    -Deeeeeeeeep sigh-
    Okay. I'm not going to be sarcastic/talking opposite/using stern words etc. in the things I'm going to say (type below ↓)

@Isaiah455 First of all, on Forums and communities we most of the time give (and/or at least try to) a thoroughly/detailed explanation of a certain topic/subject. In this case @Ace144 actually gave you a lot about this, even like @~Rayleigh mentioned, brought a 3rd-party weapon into the asked topic.
    From what I just read here, it's practically that Elfeen's damage is based on INT and Matk. To have the most/highest damage output, the order would be: Bow → Gun/Dagger → 2x Guns (From highest damage output to lowest).

Your original question:

Short answer: YES, your damage will go lower if you use guns instead of a bow.

@Ace144 added to that answer the option for using Guns/Dagger, in case you don't want to use a bow. Your damage output will still be lower than a bow, but it will be somewhat higher than in a case where you're only going to use Guns.

11. Jullian

Jullian New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Zachyle
    Level:
    Not sure if anyone gave this info but I'll put this here just in case.

When you're an Elfeen, you dont have to go for int stat because each skill of elfeen adds int based from your str stat. I have 75 str and everytime I use elfeen skills I get +67 int bonus. (5 int +67 atm).

That's why some people complain that they are full int but not getting the int bonus from Elfeen because they lack the str stat.
    Each skill only hit once but have AOE. Cooldown could be better though. Really difficult to have elfeen as first advance class.

Attached Files:

12. Jetrax

Jetrax New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    JyL
    Level:
    Did u have to max elfeen first? cuz i use my skills and it don't give me any int bonus when i check status right after i use a skill even though the +int sign appears

13. Jullian

Jullian New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Zachyle
    Level:
    You have to be fast to check the stat cuz the int bonus is for the skill only, disappears after the skill effect is gone.