1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Dual One Hand Sword Bl Skills & Build Ups

Discussion in 'Warrior' started by Joseph, Jan 7, 2015.

?

Like Blader?

1. Yes

96.8%
  2. No

3.2%
  1. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Bladder is a strength based class. One hand swords don't have magic attack.

Also, that's an oddly specific set of instructions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    False. Paladin and Dark Knight are INT-based.
    Blader is STR-based, like above's post said.

3. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    This screams a disaster.

Err, no. Even with a skill multiplier (or AR) of 5, your at best "guess" of 15 str will offer 75 more damage... Thats not a lot in hind sight when you talk about pvp. The purpose of stats is to be a backround buff, not your main source of output. Its ment to support your current gear and or play style. Now if you are running around damn near naked in terms of armor or weapons then stats would provide a much greater % of what your gear did. Besides that due to how def formulas (refer to my past vit stat guide posts) are done id much rather have a moderate amount of vit on hand with my base stats then rely on luck of the draw runes and thier shoddy formulas that give you a drop of what is shown in most cases (refer to the rune guide) .

Horse ~insert alternative word for crap~, avabel is a high skill based pvp game. Iv proven this time and time again on the forums with videos and the like. User ability > gear ≥\> stats.

4. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    My exact thought as soon as I saw that. His instructions were oddly specific. I thought just correcting the first part would be enough. The build was the focal point. (Though every thing else was ridiculous.)

Though there is something I want to bring up...
    I don't quite 100% think that skill is greater than gear. I have a small anecdote. I fought a player who had rebirth once (and no I don't believe rebirth players are gods or something... though most of them still have good gear). My gear was around 5*. His was around 8*. When I fought him, I dodged his attacks. Of course, he dodged mine. When I landed my currently strongest on him, it did 300... Compare that to the thousands he did to me in one hit from most of his skills. I won't say gear is the most important factor here (that's still skill), but it is very close to skill in importance. (Using my scenario, my opponent only need 2-3 hits to kill me. They didn't need to be consecutive. I need more on the lines of 30+ hits [of my strongest attack mind you] to be able to kill him, and they have to be close to together. If they aren't, I risk my opponent regening the damage back. The amount of skill required by the person with the stronger weapon is a lot lower than what I need to win the battle.)

Gear is a very important component. If you are fighting against someone who has better gear than you, you are at a disadvantage. If the person is on the same skill level as you, your chances of winning just dropped further. While the person with worse gear can still win, it would rely on the mistakes and the lack of skill the other player makes.

5. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    I wont knock what you said however being the elitist i am for pvp and with high skill cap games like this where you have full control over your aiming and evasion. If you cant do one or the other well, then go practice. For evasion i ran a lv 30 to make sure i had low hp because build preferences or run naked without armor and welcoming the high incoming damage. For working on hit rate/accuracy weapons helped me tons because it forces me to learn to hit my mark often or at the very least set them up.

Again however you are correct in terms of mathematical output, gear is the gives the most and grows much faster then stats. Though going back to my original statement, you aint scary to me or any other skilled evasion based player (not static to rogues) if you cant hit at least 40% of your skills used even if you got 10* while i have 5*. Ask a lot of the older forums. You may kill someone solely with gear but till you can prove you have user skill you wont be respected by many of the older players who pvp frequently. Cause of this i met some pretty badass players who either had just scary accuracy that didnt need to work on evasion to heavily (hands always shook as if i had the best night in bed with someone or something... when fighting ppl like that)

Stated my thoughts on it and will leave it be regardless

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Duel Wielding Debuster

Duel Wielding Debuster Blader (rb:Bla,Sti,Cru,Pal,Gla,DKn,FBr,Sam)

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    There are so many errors in this comment that I wonder if this is actually intentional sabotage, rather than an "ignorance is bliss" thing.
    1. Paladin is mostly INT based. Blader is not INT based.
    2. If you are just starting out in Avabel, I highly recommend a STR build at first until you clear F24 for the free restatus scroll, at which point you may be strong enough for a DEX build. Do not invest in INT unless you plan on following Paladin or Dark Knight as your major advanced class (even then, you should definitely go for Gladiator first for its priceless "Catacraft" skill)
    3. I don't care what you use for accessories, but 5-15 STR is considered nowhere near "good damage", even with a DEX build unless you have some OP weapon.
    4. There is no gaurantee that the Rune weapon obtained will have bonuses dedicated to raising VIT, and at the start you'll only be able to put ten pieces of gear in your Crysta Case. Not to mention that the amount of VIT-or any stat for that matter-given through the bonus, will usually not add up as high as you think it will, since the effectiveness of the bonus depends upon the gear's star value and Lv requirement. Basically, Crysta Case is nice for a few points here and there, but unless you have some strong spending power, do not rely on it to save you.
    5. I highly recommend you to try PvP whenever you'd like. Not only is it fun, but you'll learn which skills are good and which are next to useless, how to effectively use said good skills, better decide which branches you want to take with your skills, and just generally learn a lot about the types of players who play the game (from how they fight to how they chill and chat). In no way will you "die like fly" before 3-4 rebirths. I haven't rebirthed once yet (not in a huge rush to rebirth either), and I've beaten players that have rebirthed once or a few times. Plus, there are still plently of players that haven't rebirthed yet, so yeah.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lanzlot: Blade Soldier

Lanzlot: Blade Soldier New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Lanzlot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Noypi
    For me, Blader's really fun even you use Full Spada. Now this class I want to master before i go rebirth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Duel Wielding Debuster

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    It is a fun class, yeah. I've mastered it and am planning for it as my first rebirth. Couple of tips: 1) There are three branches of Full Spada; a long range type, a wide range type, and a repeated attack type. Choose wisely. 2) Blader's skills are very aggressive, but don't just spam, spam, spam. Fight smart, and it also helps to throw in a few ranged attacks every once in a while.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Lanzlot: Blade Soldier

Lanzlot: Blade Soldier New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Lanzlot
    Level:
    Guild:
    Noypi
    In Full Spada, I choose the Repeated Attack.

10. Duel Wielding Debuster

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    I chose the long ranged type since it has good reach, and its knockback can cause targets to get chained up by all if not most of its slashes, if they get caught. My rule with skills is "If you can make it work in PvP, you can make it work in anything". That said, regarding PvP, I can safely say that Zwei Saber is best for attack, Magna Spike is best for defense, Disaster Storm is best for defense, and (EDIT: long range type) Full Spada is best for attack. Note that I said that these skills are "best for", not "only for". A good player will know which skills are good for what, but a skilled one can use any skill for any scenario, if the situation demands it.

And just out of curiosity, how does the repeated attack type work for you in PvP?

This reminds me of a time when there was this one guy who constantly challenged me to spars for weeks until he won. It was a time when I had like 6k HP against his 11k, and he had stronger Atk and Def with his 2h Sword. I dealt like 100-200 to him since Bladers are not known for their high Atk skills, while he usually dealt 800-1000 on me. Even so, he and I usually tied because all he did was spam Catacraft and it doesn't take a PvP genius to beat that particular... "fighting style". After I upgraded my gear a little, it took him like half a dozen spars to finally beat me once, and that was with no reset/pots on my part.

Moral of the story, gear is a major factor in a match, but skill can ultimately decide the outcome. Also... DON'T. SPAM. CATA.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  11. Avabel_sin_of_awesomeness

Avabel_sin_of_awesomeness New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    XXxX
    Level:
    Dont spam all attacks , but something like magna strike is like the best attack for spamming

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  12. Duel Wielding Debuster

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    Uhh I'd have to disagree with that one. I found that Magna Spike is best for defense rather than attack. Just point at your opponent, let them get close, then tap Magna Spike once, and roll away. Repeat if necessary or if you'd like to pressure them into keeping their distance. The first tap gives three very fast stabs in a very short amount of time, and the reach is pretty decent too, so Magna Spike is great for counters like that. If you tap twice though, that stabbing movement is fast yeah, but it also leaves you exposed for half a second afterwards, which is waaay too long in a duel (believe me).

If you're not talking about PvP and meant using Magna Spike against mobs and bosses, yeah, it's a great attacking skill. Spam to your heart's content.

EDIT: Sometimes/On rare occasions it is okay to spam Magna Spike, but mostly against still targets like an Acolyte healing and buffing, or a Phantom Gunner using Victim Rain.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  13. Ayang

Ayang New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Ayang
    Warrior in other MMO RPGs game mostly focus on 'Defend' 'Tanking' but in Avabel Online Warrior purpose is different.Tanking isnt very important role to you,because Warrior in Avabel doesnt have many 'Defend' skills.What it have is commonly 'Multi ATK' 'AoE'.FYI other MMO RPG their Warrior have skill to 'Heal' allies & self,Boost party DEF,'Pull enemies' & most Warrior skill is Tanking & Support.But in Avabel Warrior got alot 'ATK' that make Warrior isnt a good 'Tanker' IMO.I agree Warrior its just like Rogue with alittle bit HP & DEF.So dont bother add many VIT or MEN in Warrior.After I read Warrior Adv.Class stats that you need to priority is DEX & STR.(Except for Paladin that need INT because its skills) In my opinion 30-40 VIT,full DEX or STR & DEX.

14. Duel Wielding Debuster

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    Avabel Warriors can heal and buff allies; respectively, via Paladin EX and Dark Knight Hidden. And Atk/MAtk/Def/MDef is not class based in Avabel, but gear and stats based, which means anyone can have whatever stats they want. Although to be fair, weapons are class exclusive, so I see your point there.

• Like Like x 1