1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

double barrel skill

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by DonYoKu, Dec 24, 2014.

1. GAMU

GAMU New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    GAMU
    Level:
    So to get hidden u need to max third skill.
    Yes u need dual wield for all skills wich makes it harder to combine with other classes.
    Hidden I s one big shot wich has big dmg but shooting takes like 2 secs and cool down....well idk that yet

Good sides= this class is fast and can be used while moving so yes....anti rogue class for rangers has appeared. This class has high damage on 2nd skill wich is practically only skill ur going to use in pvp because first skill has too much cool down time and third skill is too weak against other players.

Bad sides= two words.....SP DRAINER.....this class drains your sp very fast so be sure to use skills with caution or you run out of sp in no time.
    I suggest to use gs skills and normal skills with this class to avoid losing sp too much.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  2. Steve B

Steve B LINE ID: agent_barnes

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    I'm currently a level 76 Double Barrel and I agree that it is a SP drainer. The other thought I have about this class is the dynamic you have to be willing to play with this class. We all know that gunners play mid to far range, but majority of the skills for this class is mid to close range. You have to know how to dance (evade) in order to be successful with this class. It has been a very rewarding class to play, but you have to think like a rogue defensively. Gun Storm is the strongest skill which, as stated earlier, is frequently used in PvP. I wish the hidden skil. (Flame Gust) hit more than once but I'm satisfied with the damage. Val Flare is the skill that needs to be maxed to unlock hidden skill. Executing Multi-Shot with Val Flare is good combo for burst damage. I'm not a huge fan of the evasion skill Barrel Barrette but I still find a good use for it to flip out of danger while shooting. I will be taking Gun Storm as my master skill due to the high burst damage (6 hits if executed 3 times for combo). I can honestly say that this is my all time favorite advanced class due to the tactical approach.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rowdy Consciousness

Rowdy Consciousness New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Raian
    Level:
    Have you tried gs? Sadly dl uses a lot of sp for my liking. Was hoping for something less draining but still dynamic.

4. Steve B

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    GS is better on your SP usage, but Double Barrel is excellent for counter and burst damage. I'm currently going the rifle route right now and using Gambit. GS is an excellent class to use as well. I've seen quite a few end their game with GS because all of their skills are hand gun and rifle usable.

5. Rowdy Consciousness

Rowdy Consciousness New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Raian
    Level:
    I see. The reason why I'm no caught up is that I like killing mobs so was wondering if gs could provide those aoe skills that I need. I'm looking at pve for now.

How do you find your gambit class btw?

When will the next Advent Dungeon be released?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
  6. Steve B

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Gun Slinger has close to mid range AOE skills. Each skill will provide some value to your play style and tactics. I typically rounded the mob up with the GS skills and finished them from there. Since I came across an excellent deal for a 6* rifle, that is when i switched to Gambit. The overall opinion of Gambit is that it is slow and flashy but useless. I like to give all classes its fair shot before judgement, and I feel that Gambit is very powerful. I will say that mastering GS or Trap Gunner would be beneficial before going Gambit, but it comes down to your play style. I feel that I can control the mobs on the floor with Gambit which is why I'm a fan of it. Its fun to farm on F18 with Gambit with its AOE skills and the ability to control the mob to your liking.
    Advents are usually released on Saturdays and Sundays

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sid!!

Sid!! Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    How much is the dmg increase of power branch gun storm? Even just guesstimate, currently having hard time picking which one is better for pvp/gvg purposes between distance branch and power branch. :confused:

8. Steve B

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    I'm at work, so I would not be able to give you the damage estimate, but I followed this site when building my Double Barrel. In case of PvP and GvG, you want to go with the distance branch (B)

upload_2016-1-15_6-23-12.png

9. Sid!!

Sid!! Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Level:
    So if I do boss raids and boss farming power branch would be better huh.. Hmmm

10. Steve B

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    I do boss raids quite often with Double Barrel. I would routinely get 7 to 8 million EXP in Guerrilla Raids and 1.5 to 2 million EXP on summon raids. The main drawback to Double Barrel is it's strength which is Gun Storm. You will burn through SP in no time by spamming the skill and spend a good amount of gold on SP pots. Its still is great class choice.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Kstyle

Kstyle New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Kstyle
    Level:
    How do you unlock all the advanced classes for rangers?

12. Steve B

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    It depends on what class you are trying to unlock. Some require just sharp/hard crystals, some require Orb 5's and some require gangues from advent dungeons. You can also buy majority of the advanced classes with magic gems (real money). You have to be level 50 (and 100K JEXP) to have the ability to view the advanced classes. The ranger forum has all the requirements for each advanced class. If you have any questions, just PM and I can help you as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kstyle

Kstyle New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Kstyle
    Level:
    What advent dungeons do I have to do?

14. Steve B

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Its labeled in the Quest Dungeon NPC. I don't know what its called this time around lol

15. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    Anyone know how many gems it takes to unlock this class? I don't have evo Ganges and this vlass is like the sniper for gunner so I'm thinking about using gems just wondering how many gems tho thanks

16. Steve B

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    7 Magic Gems

• Like Like x 1
  17. taiamerishool

taiamerishool Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    death gun
    Level:
    is this class str based?

18. Steve B

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zerost
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    STR based is correct, but DEX provides some great advantages with the right gear

19. randyswag64

randyswag64 Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ¥Conqur
    Level:
    Can u buy the this class with 7 gems?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    Okay, so I've been playing around with Double recently, got the hidden, tested branches. I went dmg for storm, cool down for Barrett (or however you spell that) and just maxed Val. My question is how do the branches affect Flame Gust, A: Balanced (Self explanatory) B: More range, less dmg (How much more range?) C: More dmg, less range. (How much more dmg?) If it is insignificant, I will probably just choose range or balance.