1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Difference between mastered and RE skills

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by kangsu, May 3, 2018.

1. kangsu

kangsu New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kangsu
    Level:
    Does anyone know what the difference between a mastered skill and the RE skill?
    Now that I mastered one of the advanced classes, it seems by short cutting a skill from mastered category and from RE category I can cast the skill consecutively now?

Attached Files:

2. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    First of all, Master Job Skills are one of the Advanced Classes' Active skills that's not Passive and not Hidden Skill, as Master Skill. This will carry over to another Advanced class under the tab "Master".

The difference with RE Skills is that before Rebirth got replaced by Max Boost, RE skills were only put in your novice tab after you Rebirthed with one Advanced Class.
    But since Max Boost came, you get RE skills when you just Mastered a Class. This means that RE Skills now is overshadowing Master Job more than before, since you get both Master Job Skill AND RE Skills when you've mastered a certain advanced class.

A huge difference between the two are that Master Job Skills can (as stated above) only set one active Skill that's not a Passive nor Hidden Skill, while RE Skills are literally ALL of the Advanced Classes' Skills (this really includes the Passives and Hidden Skills).
    When shortcutting the skills, each skill has its own animation and cooldown which isn't bound to each other; so you can just cast two of the same skills :woot:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    Another difference is Master Skills still have weapon restrictions. RE Skills can be used with all weapons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dian Lois Jane Sta.Ana

Dian Lois Jane Sta.Ana New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Keter
    Level:
    Was wondering... Are RE skills equal to the maxed out regular skill of that particular advanced class? Im just kind of skeptical because this seems too good to be true ahehe

• Like Like x 1
  5. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    As far as I can tell yes, I'm a grim reaper using Lethal Dolls from puppet master as Master and RE when i stack them the damage ranges are similar. I'll run a test and edit/update this post for you.

Update: both RE and Master Skills damage are similar. RE dolls to both greed and jabbawok(?) For my load out 3000-4800 per hit. Same results for Master dolls as well.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Dian Lois Jane Sta.Ana

Dian Lois Jane Sta.Ana New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Keter
    Level:
    Can confirm with my Azu's regular and RE version of Pheonix Flare

• Like Like x 2
  7. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    Getting all RE skills automatically on job master is likely only temporary, as part of the transition between rebirth and max boost. I think they'll eventually make it so you have to earn or buy the RE skills (i.e. have conditions or cost in gangues).