1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Dex and Crit Dmg Guide

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by VeelPad, Jun 9, 2014.

1. O(≧∇≦)O

O(≧∇≦)O New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    “ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Level:
    :sorry:where and what is a 40dex cap? i cant find one..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    It doesn't exist...

EDIT: I decided to be clear with an explanation. It was a rumor that having more than 40 DEX would lower your crit rate. This was proven to be false. (If my understanding was correct) The original purpose was to help people make builds. (I should also point out that this was before the level cap was 100. I think it was 60.) Anyway, you can use as much DEX as you like. There is no 40 DEX cap. (I believe the actual cap for stats is 150.)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    I would also like to add that the 40dex being "ideal" is because of hidden bonus stats are added after a certain threshold in the dex stat was passed. 40Dex evenly distributed the hidden bonuses. I cant find the sources bc phone giving issues. But somebody feel free to add to/disprove my post. I hate being misleading.

Ps if im completely wrong feel free to delete this post of mine

4. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Thier is no cap for it period execpt for what you can invest from stats earned from lv-ing, that has an allocation cap but can still go higher from outside sources then from lv-ing. In fact stats do not have an apparent cap at all aside from a soft cap for def/mdef (which can be talked about in the other stat thread) However, thier is a point at which you do not gain any more bonuses. This is when you reach 200 points in a single stat. At which point your bonus will cap out at an extra "100 status points" on said stat on top of the 200 base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. O(≧∇≦)O

O(≧∇≦)O New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    “ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Level:
    thx guyz i was so worried what it was?! haha thx for the trouble..

6. Knightrun

Knightrun New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Arcata
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nostalgia
    So If I keep rebirth with full dex, will it cover handicap for dex..?

7. Duel Wielding Debuster

Duel Wielding Debuster Blader (rb:Bla,Sti,Cru,Pal,Gla,DKn,FBr,Sam)

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    Not sure what you're asking here but hope this helps.
    There is no "handicap for DEX". By this, if you were referring to the quote on this forum which said that it's safest to have a DEX of 40 for decent crits, that's not true. Crits are affected by the attacker's and the taget's HIT, crit-affecting ORBs, guild bonuses, etc. (there is no set amount of DEX that will always dish out crits). If instead you were asking for at what point does your MinAtk exceed your MaxAtk, then I believe that the answer is at 85 DEX. 84 DEX will tie your MinAtk with your MaxAtk.
    Also, if you rebirth, it doesn't matter how you distributed your stat points. With rebirthing, all of your accumulated stat points will be reset, your starting base stat value for each stat will change from 5 to 1 (but you'll still keep the missing 4 points), your Lv will change to Lv 31, and you will be gifted an extra +10 stat points every time you rebirth. That means that for your first rebirth, your stats will look like this with no gear (if you're not in a guild):
    STR: 1 + 0
    INT: 1 + 0
    VIT: 1 + 0
    MEN: 1 + 0
    DEX: 1 + 0
    Status Points: 90 (60 points for being Lv 31, 20 points taken from your unrebirthed base stat value, and 10 points for each rebirth)

As a side note, there are currently eight advanced classes for each base class in Avabel (not including the new Revenger class). So with a little math, I guess you could consider Lv 140 the new Lv cap in Avabel, at least stat-wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Knightrun

Knightrun New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Arcata
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nostalgia
    so stat doesn't carried to rebirth character........ :(

9. Duel Wielding Debuster

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    Oh, that's what you meant? The answer is still no; stats do not get carried over, at least not cumulatively. If they did then we'd have like Lv 500 players running around dealing 100k DPS. The result: Avabel officially broken.

EDIT: Sorry for late reply. Busy week.

10. H3rshey

H3rshey New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    hershey
    Level:
    What will happen if the min and max atk are equal?

11. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
  12. Avabel_sin_of_awesomeness

Avabel_sin_of_awesomeness New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    XXxX
    Level:
    Ok u have a good piont there. If that were to be true a newbie would die to be reborn within 5 minutes.

13. Duel Wielding Debuster

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    Hahaha... Well you're not wrong, but it would more likely be within five seconds to be precise.

14. Kiyoshi 40

Kiyoshi 40 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Kiyoshi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tower
    I plan to try a full dex build,and was wondering if a -10 minatk orb would benefits dex builds same like +maxatk...
    I mean since they r both grows the gap of min-max atk range,will be an increase in atk? (By atk i mean ur minatk in full dex build)
    It would be helpfull if someone that test it or got an -minatk orb would reply his results ;)
    Thank u

15. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Ehhh~!!!

http://avabelforums.com/threads/dex-and-crit-dmg-guide.2648/page-7#post-50220 read that and every post around it. This alone should be enough to explain why this is a bad idea.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Avabel_sin_of_awesomeness

Avabel_sin_of_awesomeness New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    XXxX
    Level:
    No no no DO NOT do a full dex, it can help u i admit but it wont help you. I once even watched a gameplay video of a girl who had 120 dex and was blader yet still i only saw crits about every 10 hits. It would be best if u do str and vit only and thats my opinion;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kiyoshi 40

Kiyoshi 40 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Kiyoshi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tower
    Thanks a lot :)
    Already read everything about it before i post this,but still dont get it..
    In my head is like this: bigger the gap between min-max atk=larger ur minatk in full dex build..
    Lets say ur dex is 200=300 hit, 300 Hit means 300% the gap of ur min-max atk...example: 300-400 atk will go 600-400
    I m looking for ways to enlarge the gap between my min-max atk :)
    I m not doing it just for crit rate...and dex build i mean 200 dex...thanks anyway for share ur info :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. aleph

aleph Active Member

I have DEX builds on 3 of my level 90+ characters (100 creator, 92 acolyte, 97 mage). No rebirths, few orbs, little to no crystal case, which means DEX build = 160-180 total depending on accessories.

I've never tried a negative MIN ATK or MIN MATK orb but I don't think it will provide a benefit in the way you propose. With DEX high enough to bring HIT to 100, MIN=MAX ATK/MATK. As DEX increases further, MIN>MAX. If you add an orb to reduce the MIN, you're lowering the floor rather than raising the ceiling.

For example, if you normally have an ATK range of 600-400 (random numbers I just came up with) then the -10 ATK orb will change the range to 590-400. If you're dual wielding and only apply the orb to one weapon you'll have 595-400. Without testing in the game, but based purely on logic, I suspect that the outcome is going to be very slightly lower damage.

The only rationale I can think of in using a slot for this kind of orb is if the orb gives some other benefit. One example is if the orb pushes your STR past one of the higher x20 thresholds and you get a net benefit to ATK where (STR modifier + x20 bonus –10 ATK) > 0.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kiyoshi 40

Kiyoshi 40 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Kiyoshi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tower
    Thanks so much,and yes that was my generall idea coz this kind of orbs usually r +maxatk -minatk...but i wanted to see if anybody tested like u say "lower the floor" benefits u too :) i know crazy theory but i know sometimes math formulas in games can get quite crazy :) i m a 99 cre atm and preparing some things to rb,thats why i was saying full dex as 200 sorry didnt make it clear..and my interest is mostly in shield orbs(other gear got way better orbs imo)coz i saw some core orbs that would the job :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    The purpose of the post was to show dispite it showing min>max it really doesnt use that when formulating damage calculations due to it correcting its self to min=max. Some patch long ago had done this shortly after many posts flooding in about utlizing orbs that increase the max to mess with the % increase from min based on that max amount.

Now unless this has changed within the year or so of it becoming known to the forum, is the reason i advise against trying to maxamize dex's abitlity to magnify ones own power to (to some math term that escapes me) some means. If it has, id love to know and see. Thus if it has please provide proof in a controled manner.

• Like Like x 2