1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Dex and Crit Dmg Guide

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by VeelPad, Jun 9, 2014.

1. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Thats one way of doing it, yes. If you are going to do such a thing, use a dummy account and use premade 3-5s gear to help with lving quickly just to try different ratios.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    One questión guys. One friend told me tjat dual dagger rise the crit rate. Is it true? 0.0?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    No, it does not.
    Only the stat "HIT" affects crit. Check up on the dex/crit thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    I'd like to say it doesn't since it's been studied extensively but it's one of the reasons why I dual knuckles it seems like it's more critical at times

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Nope, you're now comparing Apples with Pear! Knuckle cannot be compared since there isn't such thing as "2 Handed Knuckle", that would be illogical.
    Dual Wielding doesn't affect skills in any way, since they still have the same animation frames. Dual wieldings only has profit in more chance of hitting your foe when using the normal attack/auto attack only, because you'd hit more times that way than any 2Handed wieldings.
    In Monk/Leg Sol/Gradia cases, Dual Knuckle would of course be hitting more than Knuckle+Blunt.

Weapons can only affect cooltimes of skills.

Besides, if dual wielding would indeed has more chance on critting, people around you at high levels, would've switched to Dual long ago... But it isn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rowdy Consciousness

Rowdy Consciousness New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Raian
    Level:
    Does anyone realise their atk gap widens the higher the level of your weapon? I use 2 one handed guns and my atk gap just keeps widening.

For reference, my stats are 100 str and 40 dex. Including bonus stats, dex is 56 with a HIT of 60.

7. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    I think you should either prove your theory or soften your tone here. HIT has been directly linked to minimum attacks as well as minimum magic attacks. This fact has been proven in the thread you mentioned. There is no working formula to figure out crit chance, so when you say that crit is ONLY effected by HIT, you are probably wrong. I think that if the crit formula contained only one variable, we would have figured it out by now.

Or maybe I just missed the proof somewhere? Please point me to it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    We have already had this discussion here. http://avabelforums.com/threads/dex-and-crit-dmg-guide.2648/page-9#post-60612

We have also established that this was the cloesest thing we have to a full on fourmal as it proves to be the most accurate so far. Tested by many fellow math junkies i have added on my line. I dont entirely agree that your own hit is the sole factor but it is certinly the biggest. Thus making this true untill someone snaps that fourmal presented in that thread into two.

For one talking about tone, i am getting a nasty one from you. You know i dont show much emotion when it comes to trying to explain mechanics of the game nor anything releating becuase baised infomation often hinders everybody else reading it. If you have issues with me personaly or from certin actions i take, address me via pm.

9. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    I have no issues with you Ray. In fact, 99% of the time I find your bluntness very refreshing. Your writing style is to the point, unapologetic, and very similar to mine. :) I have publicly agreed with a great many of your posts. (and quite often I see that you agree with mine). You are the author of some of my favorite posts on this forum.

I do have a problem above when you stated an unproven theory as though it were an indisputable fact. You have no proof but you act like you do. There are many people trying to figure out the mysteries of the DEX stat and when you post unproven theories so matter-of-factly, the reader may be less inclined to do their own tests and share the findings with the rest of us. Dude above had a legitimate question about crit chance and if Dual wield had any effect. When people ask about crit chance you should tell them the truth: You don't know. Tell them to test and report back. This is best for everyone; as we get more data from the community, we will get closer to the answers. We will never figure out a crit formula by pretending we have it figured out already. Remember the "40 is best" crowd? They had it all figured out too.

Again, no beef with you Ray, love your style dawg. except this crit stuff. the "know-it-all" stuff. thats bad 4 us.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    *^*

Id love to know it all, trust me x3. Its already apperent that weapon types and duel weilding doesnt affect crit chance. This was tested by numerous players and shared often. As to the fourmal, i stated it wasnt mine as well it isnt 100% accerect but it is the cloesest working fourmal we got. That is enough for players reading to go "oh this is more of a guideline then a fact". The maker of the fourmal also stated he had gotten the idea "HIT" affects it as the crit branch of priest makes HIT higher (adding if i recall correctly 15 more hit) as opossed to the dex branch (which many also belive is the solo cause for crit chance) only adds 15 dex (both these skills being at rank 10). He further asked, whats the point of a high dex branch if a crit branch effects another stat more (most of us including me for quite a while).

Stating i dont know is somthing i dont normaly do unless i know abosulte jack crap about >.<. Being around so long and dabbling in a bit of everything to gain a bit of genrualized knowledge, even if i didnt know id point them in the direction i would belive that might get them the answer they want (or dont want xD).

I shouldnt have to tell them go out and test. Anyone who seeks higher knowledge will often seek it out for themselfs before going about and asking (is most cases simple questions...granted crit in this isnt as simple D:).

Fyi, i am going to move this as of late topic to the dex/crit thread. As we (more rhen just us )going a bit astray with the current thread topic.

11. Azaroh

Azaroh New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Data101
    Level:
    Hey um, I would just like to ask, why does having more DEX theoretically lessens the chance of landing a crit? I would really like to know because I put 70 on DEX. and the latter on on INT. It worries me that I might have to obtain another restat scroll just for this. x"c

12. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    It's just more depending on the amount of dex your opponent has.
    Basically, if the gap is huge, you'll land more crits, but if the gap is small of yours is lower, you might not crit as much as you want.
    For more information see the dex/crit thread (I'll move this eventually to that thread, since this question is more towards the Dex and crit thread than Mage).

13. Azaroh

Azaroh New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Data101
    Level:
    I see, thanks a lot for answering! but personally do you think having 50/50 on DEX and INT is a good idea?

14. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    It's a logical build

15. Marcus978

Marcus978 New Member

I've read many post thread abot dex stat but i don't know which is the latest update that i should listen to..

Can anyone answer me...

1) is pure dex necessary for higher crit chance? cause i read one thread that 44 is the most wise dex because above 44 its theoretically adds lower crit rate

2) i read high dex can reduce skill cooldowns? or is it only applicable to "gambit" class(i don't what is gambit is)

please educate me about dex more thanks :))

16. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Well the old theory is that after 40 Dex the crit rate that follows does not multiply enough to be of any major value like it will still go up but not by a huge amount this was the old belief
    Now some players claim 30-35 dex is more then enough for good crit chance I haven't test it
    Never heard it lowers cooldowns that is like 50-70% chance rubbish
    Gambit is a advance class for Ranger unless you ranger don't worrie about it:)
    Off the logics of forums: in our own use of Dex the guild I in we use rings and passives to compensate Dex so like if you have 30 Dex then with passives and rings you can have 40-+ dex and also Dex orbs allow pvp advantages having a very good Dex orb and rise your Dex up for a few mins in a match helps greatly (personally. Use HP orbs)
    There also weapon customize which this may be wrong but I think one the options rise your critical chance
    Then there is Raven class which crits like crazy

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity

There isn't a whole lot we can tell you about crit chance man, we don't know. DEX seems to be the most important factor in determining crit chance but it is not the only one. Player levels, Physical/Magic Attack values, and Physical/Magic Defense values seem to play a role as well. If you want to see these other variables in action, just setup a pvp room and recruit a sparring partner. In the first spar, just fight normally and observe the crits. In the second round, have both players take off their armors and use the same weapons. You will see alot more crits when the defenses are lowered. Third fight, go back to normal armors and use nooby weapons... you will see much fewer crits per attack. So there is more going on than just DEX here but if you have ever fought a pure DEX player you know that DEX (or more likely HIT) is the "meat" in the crit stew. High DEX players are very crit resistant and they deal out tons of crits.

The old 44 rule should be put into context I think... First off, it was written up back when the level cap was like 40 or 50, so the players who had 44 DEX had devoted almost half their points there. Also, it was not general advice posted to the forum, it was more like some leaked strategy from one specific guild. We don't know what goals they were trying to achieve or what role they played in their alliance, we just know that they recommended their members to stop raising DEX at 44 because that's when the author felt that diminishing returns kicked in. It was "most wise" for one group of players, a long time ago.

EDIT: While on the subject of things that MIGHT effect crits I'd like to share a fear of mine that crit chance may also involve timing. I know you have all seen that guy that goes for the big uppercut and whiffs, right? On the way down he kinda hangs there, all vulnerable n shiz? I feel like if you dot him in the chin, right at the perfect moment, you are almost always rewarded with a crit. Anybody else experience this? I hope this is not the case, honestly, because we will never hammer out an equation if we have to worry about some hidden vulnerability number running in the background.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. randyswag64

randyswag64 Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ¥Conqur
    Level:
    What'll happen if u up Dex and str to level 100?

19. Joeyashields

Joeyashields New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    Simple question with an answer I haven't found anywhere. Not sure if anyone has even come up with an answer. I was wanting to create a Blader or Monk with a 80 dex, 50 vit, and 50 str. Something along those lines cause that's what I feel is a good amount but also to have some str. I'm unsure at all whether the dex amount would need to be higher instead to be beneficial or is the 40 saying still a safer bet for best crit and damage output? Would like either of these builds to be good for pvp and pve.

This is a question regarding to damage in pvp and pve.
    So it's to my understanding that dex raises crit of course but is a full Dex build even able to compete with a full str? I know the higher dex you have apparently the less likely you are to be crit on. Or atleast this is what I've gathered reading around. I also read a lot that 40 dex is around the max dex you should go. I'm going for a high crit build that also has good damage so. I was thinking something around 80 dex, 50 vit, and rest str(50 or so). Would that be something worth doing or a complete waste at end game? Really needing help understanding this. I've given myself a headache reading through so many posts about this.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2016
  20. Duel Wielding Debuster

Duel Wielding Debuster Blader (rb:Bla,Sti,Cru,Pal,Gla,DKn,FBr,Sam)

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    So far I'm a Lv79 Paladin (almost Lv80), with my Lv70, 1h sword Silky RipperDi (Light element) that ranges from 310 - 365 Atk. I'm mostly a STR build with some stat points scattered here and there (unfortunately), almost done with mastering Paladin, and I've been wanting to get into a DEX build for a while now, especially since I got a Restatus Scroll R from the F24 achievement. Should I restat now, and if so, how should I redistribute? Or are my stat points and weapon's Atk too low currently to do so? I've seen YouTube videos where players have around 600 Atk with a DEX build and they seem to do great for their level.