1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Dex and Crit Dmg Guide

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by VeelPad, Jun 9, 2014.

1. VeelPad

VeelPad New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    VeelPad
    Level:
    Greetings guys, i juz signed up few minutes ago. i had read this forums fow quite a few months now, while i started playing avabel, since the game language back then lacking in common sense, and i cant differs between junks and things i need to keep. Anw, im a lvl 80 ranger now, and i spent enough on DEX to discovers all the mysteries about them. I searched for things id like to posts b4 i do, and im sure i dont find any similar posts of what im about to write, oh and im quite a math junkie since i was little, and i always love to find flaws in game to benefit players, so here we go.

I never bought gem, since i never had interest in making credit card, however those free 12 gems a few month back really helped me at some point, cuz i need to reset my gunslinger skills. the moment i play avabel, i had urge to becoming a critical fighter so i did. my stat atm is 38 str and 130 dex. with bonus it become 52 str and 140 dex, and changes happen when u get high dex.

Max1-Max2 attack : Im using rifle, and before that it was dual gun. somewhere along the 80-100 dex the minimum damage overlaps the maximum damage and it becomes Max-Max dmg. its not just merely damage overlap, but the system changes. lets say back then i got 400-350 dmg, if i use the Di weapon, it increases BOTH the damage into 412-362 or something like that. reversely, Fi will decrease BOTH damage back into original, since Fi will increase the min and leave the max alone, and Ba will increase a little into 406-356. This also means all those orbs that increase minatk will be useless and all u need are those increase max. u will only need Di for upgrade.

Crit dmg : Crit damage only uses the real maxatk, that means, for those with high dex, crit depends on the lower attack and thats a disadvantage. take a sample above, with 412-362 crit will take the 362 as multiplier. I tried this several times already, increase my min with 4 dex ring or even 8 dex ring, the atk goes to 418-362 and theres No Change on the critical damage. however, by only uses as much as 1 str ring, getting damage into 413-363 there will be increase in number on the crit dmg, for about 5 points. This issue, was fixed about 2 month ago while i first discover this. i sent complain to the dev group, and they actually changes it with some maintenance. by that time increasing my minatk actually increases my crit dmg, so i invest more on dex. however, its returned to the former state after the easter update, and it took me awhile to realize them. for those who wonders, crit damage are Always Constant, as long the stats remains the same. Lets say you damage 1200 in your critical attack in lvl 78 puuka, it will do the Exact same dmg to same puuka or puuka with same lvl, as long theres no bonus stat or atk stat added between the 2 strikes. so this things are easier to spot by people with high dex. HOWEVER, in offline dungeon, the moment ur minatk surpass ur maxatk, the maxatk number will turned into same number as minatk. after entering offline dungeon the number will become something like 412-412 and EVERY single attack to certain mob will be constant. if you hit kodora with 200 dmg, your next hit will be 200 dmg, if ur crit is 450, the next one will also 450 and so on.

Crit Dmg Formula : i believe crit is not something surpasses defense, because if do, any attack formula should be (total dmg-0 def) which my attack should be the same for every single mobs and players. theres a moment when my normal hit is 25, and the crit is about 275. theres also times when i hit weak enemies with 1100 normal hit, and 1600 crit. Crit here is more of an addition after the defense had been accounted, so its probably something like ((total dmg x crit multipler) - total def) this way it explained why its giving an efficient dmg for fighting mobs with strong def, and reversely giving less than half additional dmg for mobs with low def. I found the equilibrium would be around 300-400 damage when crit dmg is twice as the normal dmg. Since the crit multiplier is supposedly the same for everyone, u can try testing them on mobs that you hit normally on those numbers.

Hit : Hit as far as we know it the numbers got nothing to do with critical chance at all, thanks to the input from urdadi now i realize hit is the PERCENTAGE RATE to reduce the gap between minatk and maxatk. With example of 150-200 atk weapon, a 50 HIT will reduce the gap of 50 dmg between min and max into 25, so the atk become 175-200. With this calculation, we can safely assume in 100 HIT (84 DEX) we can reach the Max1-Max2 dmg. and the Di custom advantage would be either 84 DEX (in similar point) or 85 DEX (atk point after minatk surpassed maxatk). However, increasing further the dex will again rise the gap of the attack, while increasing STR with same stat point will increase BOTH of the attacks. example with the weapon above, add another 10 dex will increase dmg into 205-200 while adding 10 str will result into 210-210. Again, this would be another disadvantage for high dex players, with their stat backfired on them.

Various uses of DEX : so besides crit, id say its much more for another use, DEX really helps me lessen my cooldown rate as a ranger. I took all my skills in power type, cause i lack in str and those types can cover them up. With my dex as its now, i can do assault barrage-multishot-assault barrage-bomb-assault barrage-multisot-assault barrage-bomb... and so on till i run outta sp without even a moment for stop. before i reset the skills, i used cooldown type and the assault barrage skill replenish right after the animation done, and i jumped all around without pause. Its useful for those fast killers such rogue and ranger, but probably not that much for heavy hitters.

Crit rate : In my current DEX, id hit around 50-60 percent of crits for mobs with the same lvl, however im pretty sure this rate doesnt differ much than when i only got 100 dex, maybe only 5-10 percent in difference, and i could use those 40 stats for something else with minor sacrifices.

Who benefits from crit? : Now we all must ask this for ourself, do we benefit from criticals? Its not for everyone, and heres my suggestion. Now we understand that theres no way in hell crit ever reach a 100 percent rate, those who benefits are those using skills with multiple damage, and preferably in fast succession. for example, my combo hit would be multishot- assault barrage- break shot will give 6-3-1 hit and those means 10 hits in 2 seconds of action. Another slower example would be van thrust-rising-blade fenser which gives total of 10 hits. the more hits we did, the more chance we get to land a crit. As u might already see from the 2nd point, crits benefits more to hits with LOWER dmg, it only acts as an addition with killer moves with single strike (400 dmg might get 800 crits, while 1200 dmg only go probably 1800 crits). and usually those with more hits giving less individual dmg. This of course works the same as with magic attacks, crit works both ways. Quick magic such paladins shining with 5 considerably quick attack could benefit with crits.

Who benefits from dex? : We should also considered this, if u got passive skills written affected by DEX on it, like Duplex, then its another score for u. heres now the tip for u who want to maximize your crit and dex potential. After getting ur best weapon, and best weapon for DEX types is THE WEAPON TYPE WITH BIGGEST MAX ATK and maxed ur passive dex, and put ur custom in Di, reset your point and pull ur dex until u get the Max1-Max2 similar attack, along with putting the rest of the points on str or int, depend on ur class. Each weapon got different attack range, and now thanks to urdadi, we know its between 84 or 85 DEX, no matter what weapon u used. however, it will reduce ur dmg in total, cause minatk increase rate with DEX is slower than STR (unless the atk gap is over 100 dmg which is rare). But the crit rate u got will probably keeps u in the mood.

If u wanna goes on 150 str or int, i suggest you dont do dex at all, or at least try first on how u fight without dex. 40 dex would increase ur minatk for around 25-30, and increase the average atk by 15 max. putting those points in vit would let you survive another 2 arrows from spike shot, and much more beneficial if u dont use the DEX passive anw. but probably thats juz me. thanks for reading, please add anything i forgot or correct things if u had ur own personal experience. Thanks!

Edited with fix in HIT system thx to urdadi

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 13
    • Useful Useful x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Nice info there.
    Yup, 150 str + dex on the remaining stat points is a no.
    Finally somoene else realized that it's not that good :)

Btw, you said high dex reduce your skill cooldowns? Is it proven? Bcause if it really works like that, it'll be a very important stat for Gambits.

3. VeelPad

VeelPad New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    VeelPad
    Level:
    yeah, i got myself in gambit now after taking assault barrage as my job master. and i saw ur threads b4 where u put all gambit skills with their cooldown. i kinda confused with numbers (seconds) u put in those cuz its goes faster for me, like 7 secs for break shot, 13 secs for burst folder and 16 for lazer, and yeah i always go for the power type. i think it got something to do with that cooldown reducing passive from ranger for multishot and bomb, i guess barrage are juz naturally quick. and maybe ur right, abt it supports gambit, cuz i dont see the bad points in being gambits now. as long i got assault barrage and multishot, their skills are a very good complimentary, especially lazer, their crit lands quite a punch, sometimes bigger dmg than barrage and in much safer distance and better covered areas

• Like Like x 1
  4. ghost

ghost New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    GH0ST
    Level:
    Very informative. Thanks.

5. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    My laser deals equal(if not more) total damage with Multishot/barrage.
    About the cd's, i'll try to get info on other gambits without dex.

6. brad1219

brad1219 Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    EPISODE
    Level:
    Nice info :D Anyway I thought ranger passive was Charging Time reduction not CD reduction?

7. VeelPad

VeelPad New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    VeelPad
    Level:
    i juz recheck the skills name lol, it called Reduction, and written as shorten time to charges skill, DEX increases effect. i recall back then when im a ranger, i already got like 50 dex on me. then i goes this skill straight to lvl 4 and i really feel a significant difference in cool down time for my multishot. so im like saving up jexp on fl9 and increase the lvl to 5 as soon i got the jexp. im sure i dont feel any change in my charging, its pretty much the same as everyone, and regarding my dex, it should have shown the difference already if its about charging. i think charges refers to amount of time skills will be ready

8. zangestsu

zangestsu Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ToSirO
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    So does the wepon you have equipped effect how many dex you need to make you matk flip. If so wouldn't it be best to save your status points till yoy hit leval 90

9. zangestsu

zangestsu Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ToSirO
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Please answer soon

10. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I wonder the Dex List of 1h Gun,2h Gun, and Bow with Dex from 5-150 honestly I want to make the Dex List of every Weapon from 5-150

11. VeelPad

VeelPad New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    VeelPad
    Level:
    yeah exactly, different weapon got different range in min-max atk so its best if u got ur best, lets say 7 star weapon maxed at strengthen and then adjust the dex. however, id say its quite safe to keep 10 points hanging even if ur not getting the best weapon yet, the min and max atk increases together with str, and only min increases with dex, so even in the highest weapon range it wont go that far, and few points will be enough to get back to Max1-Max2 atk

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. zangestsu

zangestsu Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ToSirO
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    So basically the more atk you have the less dex is needed to flip you minimum atk. Btw is 50+10 dex enough to flip atk. On the contrary you should make a guilds on how much atk to dex ratio you need to flip you atk. It should look like the more atk the less dex needed btw my atk is 400+ to 428 or something and I still haven't gotbthebflip atk. My friend got it when she how's like 75 dex with like under 400 atk. I hope this helps lol if you make another thread because of this post give me a shout out Lol

13. zangestsu

zangestsu Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ToSirO
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    V can u reply to my post please

14. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    umm even if he did it would only Refer to Rangers to make a Complete one would need a Complete List of Every Weapon.

15. zangestsu

zangestsu Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ToSirO
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Hmm but isn't the gap for each wrong the same (atk gap)

16. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    No I Have some Weapons and Some of them are not the same Atk Gap but also they at the same lvl most are but others aren't also Need to compare them at same lvl and same *

17. VeelPad

VeelPad New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    VeelPad
    Level:
    well for 1st the 50 with 10 bonus dex wont cut it, its will be too easy and many ppl will figure this out b4 i do. mine is somewhere between 80 and 100 dex. dex minimum atk addition are weird, it adds 1 minatk per 2 dex point, but the bonus minatk in every 20 and 50 are plenty, especially in 100 where they got the bonus for both 50 and 100 this is what cause the minatk easily catch up with the max atk. and even in the same weapon type, damage range are increased with the higher lvl weapons. thats why i said to keep 10 free stat points b4 getting ur best weapon. unfortunately i cant list all the dex list for all weapons lol, that would cost plenty of drill books, and im still even saving up for one cuz i gotta fix my dex to an appropriate number

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Disclaimer: I've never had more than 63 DEX but I've done alot of DEX testing on many weapons and extrapolated the results out.

First, look at your weapon's unequipped stats.
    Subtract it's minimum attack from maximum attack to get that weapon's natural gap (NG)
    Next, open up your status and get your HIT number, plug both #'s into this formula to get your adjusted gap (AG).

NG - (0.01 x HIT x NG) = AG

Keep in mind that avabel will never round numbers in your favor so just throw out any decimals inside the parenthesis. This has worked on every weapon I have equipped, both physical attacks and magical attacks. According to the formula, both minimums should reach maximums at 100 HIT (84 DEX). (some1 else will have to confirm this because I don't want to raise that much DEX)

So on to Zengestsu's example of 50+10 DEX... It's really not that hard if you think of HIT like a percentage.

60 DEX = 69 HIT (each dex = 1 Hit, plus 1 bonus at 20, 3 bonus at 40 & 5 bonus at 60)
    You will close 69% of any weapon's natural gap.

I don't have any real weapon stats on hand so I just made up a few examples:
    lvl 110 Dikbreykir has 510-590 attack
    lvl 120 Bawlbustyr has 530-590 attack

When Zengestsu's friend equips the Dikbreykir, it's 80 point natural gap becomes 25 so he should expect to see his minimum attack go up 55 points. When he equips the Bawlbustyr it only goes up 41 points. Keep in mind if he goes all the way up to 100 HIT, the weapons will be identical. Bigger weapon gaps mean more minATK increases as you raise dex but I wouldn't say they are better.

Hopefully that clears up everything about how HIT converts to minimum attacks. I'm hoping Veelpad can figure out the crit side of DEX because I could not. :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. VeelPad

VeelPad New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    VeelPad
    Level:
    i never figure this one out, and thats explain alot why the min atk increases further when im using rifle instead of handguns, even if the hand gun got less attack gap and the min atk supposedly goes further. nice calculation u got there and ill edit my original post with the dex data. This also further explains why zangestsus friend got the Max1-Max2 in 75 dex, cuz with stat and guild bonus it will get into 85, goes for 101 hit. Any more hit than 100 will getting u at disadvantage in many ways, cuz crit dmg only took the Max2, and the the bigger attack range ur getting the more chance u get for smaller atk numbers. i can only imagine the those Ro chars with 150 dex would sporting around 600-400 weapon dmg and the crits still took the 400 dmg.

oh yeah, forgot to add tht one. for gunners using skills instead of normal attack, this type works better with rifles rather than handgun. I keep trying to change weapons, and my numbers juz scatter in random increase while im using rifle and i still got no idea. average damage of rifles and handgun are always similar, only the attack range are different (example same lvl 50 wpn, 120-160 for handgun and 100-180 for rifles). And with my dex, with rifles, BOTH the Max1 and Max2 are bigger using rifles. I had no fucking idea why until this moment, and im thanking urdadi for that.

And kudos for the lvl 110 and 120 weapon names, id say dickbreaker and ballbuster deserves an avatar of its own ;)

20. VeelPad

VeelPad New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    VeelPad
    Level:
    gosh this is getting fun, ill try figure out attack dmg, crit dmg and crit rate formula later