1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Debuffs STACK ... sort of (requires further research)

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by GJO, Dec 5, 2015.

1. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Hey everyone :D
    I've never come across a 100% sure answer to the question: "Do buffs/debuffs stack?"

What I THOUGHT was how it works
    So far, I thought different buffs/debuffs only apply at the same time if they affect different stats (so two different DEF debuffs wouldn't stack, while a VIT debuff & a DEF debuff would). However...

Test setup
    I went to NR with a Rogue and a Creator. The Rogue had access to the Raven skill 'Claw Bite,' which debuffs DEF & MDEF. The Creator had access to the debuff 'Acid Splash,' which debuffs DEF. The punching bag (yours truly) kept an eye on daily login bonuses so data wasn't confounded by that variable.

We made screenshots of 5 situations:
    • Normal stats (no buffs/debuffs involved)
    • Stats when debuffed by Claw Bite
    • Stats when debuffed by Acid Splash
    • Stats when debuffed by Claw Bite first, then immediately a Acid Splash debuff "on top of it."
    • Stats when debuffed by Acid Splash first, then immediately a Claw Bite debuff "on top of it."
    Test results

Screenshot_2015-12-05-11-04-26.png
    Normal status screen

Screenshot_2015-12-05-11-07-34.png
    Status screen with Claw Bite debuff affliction

Screenshot_2015-12-05-10-37-05.png
    Status screen with Acid Splash debuff affliction

Screenshot_2015-12-05-11-07-51.png
    Status screen with Claw Bite -> Acid Splash debuff afflictions

Screenshot_2015-12-05-10-37-46.png
    Status screen with Acid Splash -> Claw Bite debuff afflictions

Conclusions
    • In this case, the debuffs didn't exactly stack; one of the buffs didn't retain it's complete effect on the target. They were combined somehow.
    • In this case, the order in which the target was afflicted with debuffs had an influence on the total amount of debuffs. [Insert which was higher].
    • Further research is required to investigate these mechanics for different skill combinations, for different branches of skills.
    Don't jump to more conclusions!
    • We don't know IF & HOW this applies to other debuffs.
    • We don't know IF & HOW this applies to other branches of the same debuff skills.
    • This is too little data to make a formula. I might be able to pull one out of a high hat if I crunch some numbers, but it's too soon to ensure that such a formula is accurate.
    EDIT: corrected name of Creator debuff skill. Credits to @~Rayleigh & @MarMar for pointing out & providing the correct information.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    That's weird how one works better than the other when combined

3. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    love it. nice work

4. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Hey, @GJO, I just maxed out the YinYang debuff. You wanna pose for some more pics? I'd like to see how it stacks up vs Claw Bite & Acid Splash. Right after tower on Sundays (5:10ish Central) would be ideal for me, or most weekdays I'm around just after midnight till three or so. :)

Edit: I just remembered that 5pm-6pm hour on Sundays is an advent hour so maybe 6:10ish would be even more ideal. :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  5. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    I'd have loved to help out, but I am no longer playing. I'm just keeping an eye on info to see if there's anything that makes me want to play again. I'd recommend reaching out to Rayleigh, aleph or (if you happen to know him in-game) Gale.

6. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    I work on weekends so i couldnt help during then, if you have to play during those times i can reach out to gale or @aleph

Otherwise im open during most weekdays.

7. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    How many slow debuffs can we apply to a single person? This might be harder to test since we don't actually have any numbers. Also, is there a point in testing for debuff slowness? Will there be a time where you would stumble into that many slow traps? xD

8. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Can we test with Alchemist's Lost Braves? It's defense down effect isn't as strong as Acid Splash. Also, does the enemy defense revert to the Acid Splash level of defense if the enemy leaves the circle, or will the defense down effect disappear entirely? (Also would like to test Bone Crush and Lost Braves.)