1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Dark Pain Skills & Branches

Discussion in 'Magician' started by [L], Aug 29, 2014.

1. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    This is a interesting. Class

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zorxen

Zorxen Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zorxen
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tsukuyomi
    Yea, its more buffs than damage oriented

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    I need help i dont know wich branch to take for curse cuse. Branch B Or branch C

Wich is better? I saw some.vídeos and it looks pretty Fast the cast of curse cuse but dont know if actually playing it would feel slow

4. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    For me, I picked the Branch that has a longer distance.
    I had a feeling the distance was too short (partly because the damage was quite nice to my feeling and didn't up it as it was Level 1).
    So Looking at the branches in this thread, I took the Distance one.
    I went farming and upped this one from Level 1 to Level 8 or so? Of course I did a bit testing, as I used it in rush1 and in Quest/Dungeon.
    At Level 1 the balls didn't come quite far. I used the stairs at the -then port way-.
    It only went a bit over the other side of the stairs. After I upped it to LEvel 8 (and at the moemnt 10), Its distance definitely imcreased to 2-3 people. For me I am statified with this. ;)

I personally use Curse Cuse the most in Rushes 1 and low floor farmings. xD

EDIT: Curse Cuse with the Distance branch takes quite a lot of Kodora's and Salamanders kill in Rush 1. :p

5. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:

How you feel the cast time for PvP with the b branch @Taibasa Tsuyou ? And one more question curse cuse hit more than one target with the each ball? Like for example black hand that doesent dissapear after hit one monster.

6. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    So I haft be level55? To be dark pain

7. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Star i recomendaciones you to be at least los speller first and máster it. If you do rush 1 and make the daily kills (10,000kils daily, you axhieve it in rush 1 and joining team) you gonna axhieve it like in lvl65 and you can go daek pain next if you really like it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Oh ok

9. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Yups. It hits more than 1. It just disappears when "time" runs out.
    As for cast time, it's always a struggle in both PvE and PvP. xD (for every casting skill anyways).
    Though if you time well with it, you can pretty much use it well. :p
    Also I must note that you have to "predict" a bit on how the route is going to walk of the balls, since they are doing a bit diagonally... especially the outer ones xD

EDIT: Just tested and as Lost Speller with its Passive maxed (Quick Spell); I have a 4 sec. Casting Time on Curse Cuse with a 12 sec. Cooldown.

This... Not really (always) true. :$ At least not for me. xD

For me I think Lost Speller's Blizzard is great. Indeed. BUT!
    It doesn't really make the difference when talking about rush 1 in making 1k+ Kills per run.
    I've been Wizard, Elementalist and Dark Pain without even Mastering Lost Speller. Yet I've always made the 1k+ Kills in each Full Shared Party Rush 1 runs.
    I always did postpone Mastering Lost Speller somehow...Even though I unlocked it the first. But I ended up Mastering Lost Speller the last. xD
    For me the noticable difference Lost Speller makes is the Passive, which gives me more kills because I can cast faster. xD
    I could feel that difference, because I went Lost Speller (not mastering) → Wizard (mastered) → Elementalist (mastered) → Lost Speller (unlocked Hidden Black Corrupter) → Dark Pain
    In that route I was used to Lost Speller's Passive bonus, fast casting, but the skills I used but as Dark Pain were so slow... D:
    After I got used to the "slowness" and finally mastered Dark Pain causing me to went back to Lost Speller, all my Skills were casting fast again and I was like Wow!! x'D

But what I am actually trying to say is that you can survive even without Blizzard. :x At least try not to get blind because of Blizzard. :p Blizzard only makes it "easier" to kill in Rush and farmings on low floors.

EDIT: What I'd say it to just to Master at least one of the first 3 Advanced Classes before going to Dark Pain if you really want this class early on. Since Dark Pain's Damage output is a bit lower than people want it to be, because of its debuff effects. There's that Shining Dark Stone 3 too anyways, which you have to save gold for to buy in stall. :p

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    • Please use the edit butten next time.
    I do not quite understand the branches for skills in this class
    Like curse ball skill what does branch B mean

Also why all magic skills are like...huge I know is supposed be magic but most skills even the "blizzard" skill is so easy to see coming in PvP is like obvious

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  11. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    ... Please do not double post other than in a new thread with a lot of information and such that needs several posts places.. D':

Regarding to the Curse Cuse Branch B... I did explain it already above..(first post out of the two three now, I posted on this page) Σ(º[]º ')

12. Star

Star Himedere

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Celina
    Level:
    Sorry
    Sorry I didn't notice it double posted >~<

• Like Like x 1
  13. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    If you feel the skills slow go for branch C for faster cast. If you feel it good and want more range choose the B branch. Read the explication of taisa to understand better the feel of B branch. C branch provaby gonna speed the cast in one second i think.

14. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    Pvp wise:Say you get black hand to the point where it takes off that 1.3k HP. Would the debuff apply first, then add whatever damage you normally do like 500;that would make the total 1.8k damage. Or damage applies first? Also when the debuff expires, they would of course get the maximum hp potential back. Would they get the HP debuffed back, or would it be like a Linker casting Life Engage (that HP & SP boosting skill) and leave the missing piece previously debuffed alone ? If so, black hand should especially be first hit for pvp or even pve if damage given is less than hp debuff right? Like do 500 damage, but since 1.3k is debuffed you kinda did 1.3 k damage thats only applicable if they have full health haha.

15. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Its like life engage. Just like taking your armor off then putting it back on and you got that small gap that regens back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    I need a few things on this.

Curse cuse really interests me.

Can someone with fast enchant use a 1h rod and tell me how fast it casts?

Also maybe a ss of it at its farthest range?

17. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    Animation before movement allowed is like a second slower(about 3 total) than throwing a wind thrust. Just got to level 6 B branch, longer anchoring time, someone else will have that part.
    Figured id add on to the black hand, it may debuff before damage. I have it at 6 power type. Does like idk no more than 830,1 hit per enemy in line(like a lazy gothic tetralazer) while the level 8 tetra does no more than 620 per hit max 3x for those who dont know. I finish them off with a charged scud soul. Well not tetra for some reason, theoretically should be doing more. Unless black hand debuff triggers before damage(i hit them 1st with this move). Using dual rods, both wind bowls. I dont think anything else should affect it. Probably needs further testing for confirmation?

Edit black hand does no more than 490 damage per strike. Would like to also mention clearly that using black hand when enemy not full health never gets finished off with scud soul. Black hand first = always able to finish off with scud soul, no matter level. Probably the debuff overrides low damage so damage is basically whatever that debuff is. Tried many times but still open to being wrong/insane.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  18. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    @curse2themax you can prolly see it mire clearly in a controled pvp setting if you wanted a visule.

19. aleph

aleph Active Member

My mage has Curse Cuse type C: shorter enchant time maxed, 1h rod, and maxed fast spell. You want to meet in-game for a demo? Message my main and we can meet up. Not quite mastered Dark Pain (need to max Hell Guide, now at lv7) otherwise I could also switch to LS to demo fast spell stacked with LS passive.

20. curse2themax

curse2themax New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Medic
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    So looks like black hand debuffs before applying damage. At level 7 im debuffing like 1200 or so HP, then apply the 490. So first hit really try and make it black claw if you wanna put it to use either pvp or pve. Its 1200 debuff + normal damage that applies first hit only. Other wise consider it an attack that debuffs lol.
    Adding on, i want to point out the potential for a strength build to use this at a 1st shot distance or general debuff. Unless the debuff is int based but if it shares more similarities with buffing linker, i doubt its int based.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016