1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Dagger/shield Ma & Sb skills + build ups

Discussion in 'Magician' started by dgo1987, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    no it wouldn't as Stated cause of it being Atk and Matk doing Full Stat for either 1st Hit or 2nd Hit is Not wise. Having Min=Max and then either Doing one of the Stat or both of them which ever you want to do

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  2. ziddy

ziddy Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ziddy
    Ok dont mean to sound like a jerk but can people please fully read my post before commenting... Comon

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. ziddy

ziddy Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ziddy
    Let try being super specific. Lets say I want to cast lightning slash or what ever it is called. Lets pretend both mag hit and pbys hit dose 50 base damage. If I have 150 str it would do 200 dmg on phys hit 50 on mah plus mag and phys atk. If I had 150 int it would be 50 on phys 200 on mag hit plus matk, right? So in respect to soul blader skills you could get away with say 5 + 10 str 150 int and like I dunno 90 dex(counting gear) or maybe some in vit. I see everyone saying you need a min of 30 in str. Im saying why not put that 30 into int as both int and str effect parts of the damage, thus overall dps

4. ziddy

ziddy Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ziddy
    Note im not saying im going full str. Nor am I talking about atk or matk. Nor specific parts of an attack. Yes I know str and attack effects first hit. And int matk second. Talking about overall damage thanks for the help tho every one this guide is amazing

5. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    it been readed Doing that or Full STR or FULL INT but using the Skill Mind Change that change STR>INT and INT>STR.
    Having DEX/STR/INT would indeed help but remember Mind Change Affects STR and INT as such Just having STR and INT Will make you have Weak DPS Overall
    No it won't work STR 50 and INT 100 or Vice Versa is not the same as having 150 STR or INT.
    If you know that they affect it by which Stat and which Status then you know that they don't combine as you are thinking.
    Overall DPS would be better if you have DEX to where Min=Max after getting there then work on STR and INT and also VIT cause of how Close you going to be to Target Min=Max is for the Safety Net for when you use Mind Change and have STR>INT or INT>STR as such your DPS Overall won't Drop that Low I know what you Talking about and I have Seen/heard Many Magicians Attempting to do that and they Fail to do so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ziddy

ziddy Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ziddy
    Except you completely missed everything I said man x.x comon I even said im going to have alot of dex. But it sounds like yoy accidentally answerd my question. That was would I be fine going int and dex while dumping str

7. Arknard

Arknard Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Asin
    I say do like rogues but int instead of str so 30dex+10 and max int after int maxed id go fir either more dex or vit I dint have the class yet but that just seem like a build that could keeo up with the other classes I think this class was made for mages who do 1v1 say you fighting another mage with high m defense use mind change and the ohysical parts of the skill will do well same if fighting ful str rogues or wars yiu can just focus on the magic hit but im justa noob so yea xD

8. xborgx

xborgx New Member

Makati / Bonifacio Global City - Philippines
    Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    xborgx
    Level:
    Guild:
    NonstopPH
    @ziddy , I agree with you. Did you go 40dex+100int or so? How did it go? I'm building a PVP mage by going LS > ele > SB. Bliz from LS then willow from ele. Do you guys think that's a decent PVP mage build?

9. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Average. Sounds like a common build for mages. How you might play it might be special but the build its self isnt.

10. xborgx

xborgx New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    xborgx
    Level:
    Guild:
    NonstopPH
    If you were to build it and distribute the stats yourself, how would you make it above average?

11. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    I dont mean average as you can do more, mages do some of the highest damage around and 95% will have 140+ int.

If I made a mage it wouldnt be a glass cannon. Thats all you need to know, i dont give players builds or tell them how to do it. Ill just explain the reasons behind what they ask about, wither it he rude or not.

I strive to be a bit different then the average player.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. xborgx

xborgx New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    xborgx
    Level:
    Guild:
    NonstopPH
    You sit yourself a bit too high on the ladder.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Ahh in what way? How is that related to what you asked?

14. xborgx

xborgx New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    xborgx
    Level:
    Guild:
    NonstopPH
    It's in relation to your comment not my question. That's why it was a reply not a topic contribution.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. xborgx

xborgx New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    xborgx
    Level:
    Guild:
    NonstopPH
  16. Katsura Kuroi

Katsura Kuroi Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    「Kuroe」, Kuroi‼
    100 into (90 + 10) is an a OK right? then leaving the rest of the stats to dex?
    also I wanna know if there's any other useful spells from other class to be used before going to Soul Blades (aside Lost Speller's Blizzard).

17. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Sounds Fine to me Ummm one Style is having AoE Skills as Supporting yourself, I would also say do a Style of Combining using Skills and AoE Skills together in Sequence of Unknown Pattern, Also using Long Range Skills with Sb's Skills tho Some of them are AoE so it almost Similar to the Style I just mention.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Well my soul blader still have a long way to turn to what I want him to be but im glad to saw no youtube this video.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    Idc what people say about SB.
    It's a great class, skills are both phy/mag but that's why you master other mage classes.

You're a close combat mage, but you combine all your skills to be unique.
    You won't be just using SB skills..so your overall dps shouldn't be low if you know what you're doing..

Your fighting someone with high pdef?
    Just use magic skills.
    High mdef?
    All your soul slashes are useful.

SB to me is like playing an Alchemist, just different concepts. Both classes use both phy and mag skills.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue

This.