1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Dagger/shield Ma & Sb skills + build ups

Discussion in 'Magician' started by dgo1987, Sep 11, 2014.

1. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Hi guys this is my first guide so hope you like it.

Unloking soul blader will require 30 hard crystals, 40 sharp crystals and str orb 5. ( You can get str orb 5 by collecting 64 str fragments that you can find in ablution of evolution dungeon and 48 sharp crystals you can get through quests or on thursdays in crystal dungeon but you will need to be lvl60 to make it or you just can buy it at stall prices go from 3.5m to 5m gold)

Build ups:

WARNING

If you dont want soul blader as your main advanced class dont follow this guide.

(Thanks to @xAsura for making your small guide really helped to see some things that works and not with soul blader and a big thanks to @Leo Striker for teaching me a lot of info of how stat builds works and guiding me to find viable builds for this class)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~Notes:~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can get +10 stats due to Passive/Guild Skill Upgrades
    DEX 30+10 = 40 = 40HIT bonus +4 = 44% Chance of landing a Crit.

Make sure you increase your DEX first so you can benefit from it's Crit all the way.
    I have read many forums and it is suggested thatDEX40 Cap is the safest to take, more than that theoretically lowers the chance of landing a Crit.

Putting VIT/MEN is optional if you want to survive longer since Ma's are quite soft in PVP's. We have to be careful not to be caught by any attacks and get good at dodging because you will be close of your enemy most of the time.
    Vit increases Physical Def and HP, while Men increase Magic Def and SP.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Ok lets start... Soul blader its a class that use Atk & Matk but at diference of other classes that have some skills str based and others int based Sb skills use both in all his/her skills. You will always hit less than a warrior and a full int/ 2h rod magician... But dont worry, you gain speed and faster cast, also with dagger you cast as fast as a lvl5 fast spell and with fast spell you cast even faster so more time to dodge.

Theres two ways to build your magician with the intention to be a Sb.

1. The easy (expensive) way its build your magician like you normally do and in lvl50+ buy a restatus scroll.

2. The hard (cheap) way its start building your magician from the start wih the intention to be a Sb. ( this way you gonna do a lot less damage than any normal magician)

Either way at the end both gonna follow the same build ups the only diference its with the hard way you gonna have to think how to set your stat points from the start.

Power hunger (STR/INT) This build gonna make you split your power damage in half at high lvl you will have more consistent damage but you will be missing criticals and you gonna be fragile depending your gear.

At this point is up to you if you want more Matk or more Atk .

More Matk will give you more versatility later because you gonna be eable to make descent damage with your magician skills... Now if you choose more Atk you gonna relay more on the Atk based side of your Sb skills but your Magician skills will be weak ( I dont recomend the second unless you have top gear because dagger already lower your Matk a lot so you will need more int to reach a good damage)

Rogue complex/ Crit freak (DEX/INT or DEX/STR) This build gonna give you less damage but you gonna crit a lot and gonna balance your min/max damage of your Atk and Matk also but you gonna be fragile depending your gear

Like before you will have to choose if you want Atk or Matk and here you will choose how much power you want to sacrifice in order to crit more. (Anyways dex will boost both of your damages so its not a bad idea)

Warrior complex/tank freak (VIT=INT or VIT=STR) Its not a secret magicians are squishy so imagine a magician that have to go close combat its a hard task. One of your damages will be really low depending your gear. ( i recomend go vit=int of this 2 but its your desission)

Balance way ( STR, INT, VIT, DEX) This build really its up to your tastes personally i recomend go at least 100 int (90+10) and then go whatever you feel more secure.
    ~~~~~~~
    As you can see its really gear dependant but all classes will need top gear at one point so...

Skills:

(All the credit of the images is for @Gabe and thanks for his contribution for posting first the skills here. Also thanks to @FOLLIES for posting the branches first)

Cold Slash

Screenshot_2014-09-11-04-06-16.png Screenshot_2014-09-11-04-08-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-11-04-09-20.png
    This skill is a quick slash forward followed by the throw of an icicle who knocks you back. The dmg of the slash is atk based and the icicle is matk. Cold Slash has 5 sec cooldown.

Branches:

Type A: 'Far Distance type releasing 2 ice blades at once.'(Used SP: 26)
    Type B: 'Mid distance type releasing ice spears with high attack power.'(Used SP: 26)
    Type C: 'Type with improved usage that releases an ice bullet with high penetration.'(Used SP: 26)

(I choosed branch B because the damage of the normal spear was to weak for me)

Quick Explotion

Screenshot_2014-09-11-04-23-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-11-04-23-38.png Screenshot_2014-09-11-04-23-41.png
    This one is another slash, it has like 3 seconds delay and It rush you some steps forward, after it hits it makes a little explosion. Same that cold slash, the slash is atk and the explosion is matk. Also the explosion has a very low aoe. Quick Explosion has 10 seconds cooldown.

Branches:

Type A: 'Saver type holding consumed SP.'(Used SP: 22)
    Type B: 'Wide area type with wider range when exploded.'(Used SP: 23)
    Type C: 'Continuous type with shortened cool

(I choosed branch C because it would help me more in pvp)

Lightning Smash

Screenshot_2014-09-11-04-34-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-11-04-36-37.png

Lightning smash is a 2 quick slashes. If u press only once the skill button you will only use the 2 slahes, but if you press it another time, after the slashes u will cast... Uhmm... A quick thunder explosion? xD Again, the slashes are atk based and the thunder Is matk. Lightning Smash has no cooldown =O

Branches:

Type A: 'Saver type holding consumed SP.'(Used SP: 22)
    Type B: 'Physical type with increased slash power.'(Used SP: 23)
    Type C: 'Magic type with increased power of the thunder ball.'(Used SP: 23)

Mind Change

Screenshot_2014-09-11-04-44-13.png
    Last one is Mind Change, it has like 5 min cooldown and the effect last 1 min at first lvl, this skill transform all your int in str. After the minute your stats come back to normal.

(No branches)

Equipment:

For weapon your only option as your main its a dagger or otherwise you not gonna be eable to use Sb skills, in the left hand your options are dagger,1h rod or shield.

After a lot of test the best option for you its a shield because your hp and def are the lowest in avabel as a magician but it need to have the same number of stars and same level or the damage loss (shields drops your damage in 10%) will not be worth for the damage it protects.

As for head, upper and lower try to find the ones with more hp .

(A speacial thank to @aleph for his tips on elements in weapons and dual weapons)

Bowls
    Now for bowls in weapon for magician an element only boost the damage if its the same as the skill.

Ex: You have a wind bowl on your dagger and if you use water pole it not gonna add anything but if you use wind dagger the wind bowl in your weapon gonna boost the damage also would work for wind thrust and all your non element akills will turn the element of the bowl on your weapon.

I did not test using dual dagger and if you use different element bowls could help 2 different skills.

Also light and dark bowls dont help any of your Sb skills.

~~~~~~

Hope you enjoy this build if you have any question and i can answer it is gonna be my pleasure.

Update:
    I add a video showing Sb skills in hard crystal dungeon. I didnt use Quick explotion that often because Archontis is water type( ussually not use vs water mobs but i wanted to show you how it works) but for a boss like Albero its my most used skill crits go above 1k.

EDITED: For someone the video may not have sound just open the video in a new page and will not be a problem. ^^

Sorry for the quality and i was laggy for recording so i got hit more often than usual lol xD

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Steve B

Steve B LINE ID: agent_barnes

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Starvas/Stargen
    Nice work

• Like Like x 1
  3. N1ck0

N1ck0 Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    N1ck0
    Level:
    Guild:
    UNIVERSAL
    For Lightning Smash, how many SP does it save on lv10 of the skill for A type
    I'm thinking that since I'm gonna be likely to spam that skill so I need to choose the A type but I saw there there's only 1 SP usage difference.
    And after the 2 slashes, does pressing the button again (causing thunder explosion) cost another sp

4. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Does mind change increase duration/decrease cooldown on higher skill level?

5. N1ck0

N1ck0 Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    N1ck0
    Level:
    Guild:
    UNIVERSAL
    One more thing, I wanna ask what do you think is the safest build if I wanna be a soul blader, but without having the risk to deteriorate so bad if I switch it to the other advanced class

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Well soul bladers are like monks in that aspect they kind of burn sp with theyre skills so prepare to drink pots lol. My lightning smash right now is lvl9 and using 20sp and I did not choose the save type but i read that only saves 1 sp so at lvl10 you would use 18 sp so its kind of pointless to use that branch for me because its one sp less only.

If you have absoul and choose a build with dex you will be triggering quite often so for grind in low floors would be great but on high floors they would hit so hard that you could not relay on absoul to much or you could die or waste to much hp pots xD

EDIT: If you want to use your other classes well i would suggest to use a vit/int build with more int in mind or a dex/int with more int in mind but you gonna need a really good dagger. I suggest you master first Ls or Wiz and then you can master soul blader but remember if you dont intend to make this your main the change in status build only gonna decrease the fire power of your magician skills. As soul bladers the massive AoEs becomes more like support skills to help you out while you use your melee attacks.

Pd: the thunder explotion cosf 0 sp so dont worry (So sorry i forgot to add this!)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  7. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Well i honestly dont use mind change because its a usseless skill for me but i made some tests right now mind change converts my int to str but also convert my str to int so mind change could work better with a really balanced str/int build but now talking about cooldowns my mind change only lvl 3 right now but the cooldown its exactly 5 minutes and the skill its during 1min aprox.
    Edit:
    I will test when my mind change get to higjer levels but what im sure it that the increase of duration but not sure about the decrease of cooldown. (Sorry i forgot to completly answer your question)

8. yukinon

yukinon New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    yui
    i haven't been online for almost 3 weeks..is anyone still doing the int dex build for sb?,,..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Yeah dex/int is my current build i lile the crits lol

10. N1ck0

N1ck0 Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    N1ck0
    Level:
    Guild:
    UNIVERSAL
    My main char is 20 vit dex men and rest int, a balanced build by considering the +10 extra all stat every 4 or 5 hours. (I don't remember)
    Do you think this build is alright for SB, I mean some people told me to add more STR if I level up but if that's the case then I'd rather wait to create a new char for making SB later.

11. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Well as a melee character you mostly gonna get hit with physical attacks so i would recomend to stop adding Men if you intend to be a Sb . When you get to floors with Matk based mobs just switch to a mdef shield and its gonna be enough.

Yeah str its a important stat for soul blader remember the first hit of your sb skills is Atk based and use str the second its Matk ans use int. But as you already started to add dex i recomend follow a dex/int try to add a lot more dex because that way you will boost both your Atk and Matk min dmg and add at least 5pts on str to get the 10+10 bonus.

Use rings for the status you think you need to improve.

12. Kira Kiryu

Kira Kiryu Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Keiko
    Level:
    Guild:
    Nemesy
    I have a question about this class if i'm a full INT build, dose the buff of Sb help at all to make it usable with my build?

13. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Full INT with Sb is already tested as other Magicians have try that and Fail Sb Don't have a Buff if I recall it has a Skill that switch INT to STR and STR to INT.

• Like Like x 1
  14. zangestsu

zangestsu Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ToSirO
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    So wpuldent that mean that you can go full int and use the buff and increase your damage

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. zangestsu

zangestsu Active Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ToSirO
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Would you recogmend full dex mage for magic atk

16. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    no Going Full INT or Full STR won't work with Soul Blader as it Atk & Matk and Full DEX Wouldn't Really Work as Well less you have 7* or Higher Gears

17. ziddy

ziddy Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ziddy
    Why do soul blader s need any str? What I mean is wouldn't 50 str and 100 int be about the same as 150 int or for that matter 150 str ( strictly for sb skills) all skills use both am I missing something? Also assumeing your not going like 90 str 90 int to break cap

18. Leo Striker

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Each Sb's Skills is Atk and Matk 1st Hit is Atk Based, 2nd Hit is Matk Based also the Skill that changes your STR>INT and INT>STR so it make either 1st Hit or 2nd Hit Stronger while making the other hit Weaker.
    That not how the Skills work 1st Hit will do Dmg based on the Weapon(s) ATK+STR you have, 2nd Hit will do Dmg based on the Weapon(s) MATK+INT you have the Skills Doesn't combine STR & INT like you saying the Skills does.
    This is why @dgo1987 list Several Build that would Benefit Soul Blader also a lot of Magicians have Try Several Builds with STR and INT and couldn't seem to make it work.

19. ziddy

ziddy Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ziddy
    I never said it combines str and int XD what I said was int makes second hit stronger. Str makes first hit. Wouldn't 150 str do the same overall dps as 150 int for the sb skills alone? Not counting other magican skills or normal attacks

20. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kiyokoâ„¢
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    If going full str on Sb then the other skills of mages will be low. That's why going hybrid is enough to deal a fair amount of dmg on both atk and matk.

• Agree Agree x 1