1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

creator as a support. help please.

Discussion in 'Creator' started by Kellin_Heart, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Kellin_Heart

Kellin_Heart New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Kellin
    Level:
    Okay, here we go. I posted a thread about creator before which I was totally confused about. That time I was thinking about whether to make a creator or mage. Now I have a priest and a lost speller and I have one character slot unlocked. So I am thinking to make a creator.

I want to make a support creator. I checked on most creator's thread that full int creator could be a bad idea. Is it true? Some said its better to put a bit of str or full str with a bit of int.

If full int creator, the skills that are affected by int are acid splash, flame thrower(sorry if the name is wrong), bone crush and potion mist. So the question is, will these skills really help in pve if im soloing? I know that wield blow is somewhat important skill due to its low sp cost, but will full int creator get benefit with wield blow since it is str based.

I wanna be support but I also wanna do pve solo since i party with my friends but at some time I will grind solo. So I need help with this confusing build. Do I need str? and until what value should I stop putting str. Or should my str be higher than int?

Lastly, which adv class should I master first if Im a support? cause I dont wanna end up to a fully str based adv class for creator unless some of the skills help to support.

Really, I'm confused. I need explanation about support creator. What should I do? Where do I start? What do I need? What weapon to use?

I am totally sorry for asking some ridiculous questions but I just need some few guides so I know where I am going with my creator someday. Really big thanks. :woot:

2. mirusuki

mirusuki New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    Firstly I will just say that my creator is only lvl 43 so I can't tell you about the adv classes but I will tell you that starting as a full int creator is no fun. Thankfully we have free resets until level 30 :D So my advice is to start with pure str (30 -40 dex is optional but recommended), use 1h axe no dual wield , level up wield blow as main skill with a few points into the hp and sp pot craft. Note I did not dump any points into either potion mist or acid splash or the fire bottle bcuz at this early point they can't compare to wield blow and you will be crafting more than enuf pots with just the bottles and nuts the mob drops. Important to note is that you must reset at 30 or else you are stuck. (Beware the lvl 30 achievement)
    As for levelling to 30, I just followed the quest line and got to 30 in a couple of days.
    So for me I restated and reskilled to 30 dex rest int, put only 6 wield blow 5 pot mist to get bone crush, put some into the aoe expand buff, acid splash and fire bottle then spammed rush 1 till now. Oh and I maxed all the stat passives and joined a nice guild with +5 to all stats so I got passive +10 to all stats :D As for equips I now use 1h mace no dual wield, thought about shield but I prefer to die easier in rush 1 to refill Sp :p

As for adv classes I'm aiming for smith first at 50 then hopefully can master it by 60 and move on to planter immediately then end with alchemist then back to planter with smith's stone of move and one of alch's debuffs. On this note I would like to know if the planter heal is better than potion mist.

As for whether you need str for support, I think not since we got planter :p

So yeah this is my newbie recommendation from my experience, hopefully one of the vets will pitch in, forum is quiet lately

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  3. May3rd

May3rd New Member

Ok let me just share with you 2 things about being an Int-based Cr myself.

1. You're a group healer
    That being said, with a good Blunt and full Int, you can recover up to two third of your max hp with a single cast of potion mist (level 6+ potion mist since level 5 lower only gives three 'ticks'. Level 6+ gives 6 ticks and the prolonged 'branch' gives 7) And since the CD of Pots Mist is very short, it is practically spammable up to the point that you can tank-heal except in higher floors later on.​

2. You're not a soloer

Reasons as to why, since you'll only be using Blunts and only have Int, your main attack skills are only Acid Splash and Flame Throw. Bone Crush is practically useless imo since its damage is Str-based and the 'Att Down' debuff only takes a small amount of Phys Att in numbers, not %
    edited :

Just bear in mind that if you really wanna go down this road, please abandon all your hopes of soloing floors. Your dps will be low since you're not a hitter and yes you will be frustrated by it. But if you can find yourself a team, you'll see the fun of using it :D

And of course this is just my personal experience, you don't neccesarily have to take this as a guide, I just hope it will give you some ideas on how to work on your Cr.

My alt is now a 54 Alchemist. Some ppl suggested that we go Sm first to take Stone of Moves but hey, I need more att skills so I took Al down instead ^^; It's your choice mate :)b

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  4. STROKE™

STROKE™ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    STROKE™
    Level:
    A support Cr is kind of pointless in the manner that it is already a jack of all trades character to begin with. Stick to your typical Wr build (30+10 Dex, 30+10 vit and the rest in strength) as for an advance class you get blacksmith which has an armor buff and a Atck and Matck buff that adds HEAPS of difference. My Cr is level 55 with a 5* blunt (I'm not dual weilding yet as I have yet to find a decent Axe) and without buff my heals are sitting at about 215x6 and with buff it rockets up to 255x6. If I were to dual weild the healing component would drop by half but I would at the same time gain a higher attack strength to buff which further increases physical damage. As a blacksmith if you use acid splash (lv6) on a F14 mob your damage automatically goes up by about 40-60 and then slap on the attack buff of blacksmith and one is looking at a 200+ damage increase on physical attacks. If you want to really calculate your healing power, average the high and low end of your match DMG on your blunt and subtract roughly 15 from that.

As stated, Cr is a very technical class and it is all Dependant upon what weapons/armors you have to carry you along with what advance class you first choose. I recommend blacksmith to carry the attack buff over to En to take the benefit of Ens crit boosting passive.

5. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    It's a versatile class but my homie is 99 cr and he's an int cr he can pretty much faceroll but it depends on gears you need outstanding gears if you don't have the necessary stats that kill you can't carry mediocre weapons being an int cr

• Like Like x 1
  6. STROKE™

STROKE™ Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    STROKE™
    Level:
    Can't really be a mediocre Cr to begin with at all. Either you have high physical DMG or you have high heals. The first of which I prefer simply because moderate heals after kills works wonders. High interest crs are amazing but as you said, you have to have optimal gears and be able to deal with low physical DMG and sit there and wait on cast times for magic damage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. bomackin

bomackin Custom Title Here

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Creator IS a support class.

ALWAYS.

Your support will not be that of a healer.
    Sure, you have a skill that heals. It's good. It'll keep you alive.

But your array of buffs and debuffs are where your support abilities lie.

The strength of your buffs and debuffs are not based on your Matk, but skill level.

THEREFORE

My personal conclusion is go for a str build creator. Until you hit level 80, then go Vit/dex. By then you should have 7* equips and your matk and patk will primarily come from your weapons anyways.

Should you use blunt or ax?

Both. Blunt in left. Crackbind is glory. Level your heal skill fast, and with a 3* blunt you'll be doing fine keeping yourself alive, and others.

Want more details on buffs/debuffs and supporting? Let me know.
    I've been a big fan of the creator for years.

• Winner Winner x 3