1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Controllers for Avabel (Android)

Discussion in 'Device Support / In Game Issues' started by marcocococo, May 8, 2014.

1. drigz

drigz New Member

Thanks, will try moga! now for the moga hunt...

2. Jerre

Jerre The bokeh mashta!!!

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    The first gen ones are cheaper now, and the 2nd gen ones only differ from the 1st gen ones by adding a big battery which can charge your phone, and theoretically lengthen your game time. But that means you need to connect it to the phone whenever you want to charge which defeats the purpose of being a "wireless" controller. The battery life of the 1st gen moga pro is more than enough for a days worth of hard core gaming

but if you got the cash to splash, by all means try the latest gen moga. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vônv€

Vônv€ New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Vonve
    Level:
    I have the moga hero and having trouble getting my L2 and R2 to respond. Wasnt sure if its the controller or if Avabel just doesnt support it. Would be great if anyone knows if they do.

4. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    yep. unfortunately avabel doesn't support L2 and R2. Same with my moga pro.

5. Vônv€

Vônv€ New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Vonve
    Level:
    So i have a question what do you do about the skill switch button. Its set to r2 as default. I was thinking about mapping it to another key or seeing if getting a mapping app would let me use it. Or is it just flat out unusable.

6. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    you can re-set that key mapping to a different key. I set mine to on the start key.

7. rj83

rj83 New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Rj83
    Level:
    hello, im a new player that just started playing last month. I just got an ipega. I'm having issues with a few things. 1St is that when i use the left joystick it moves around to menu n map and chat options and im stuck until i move sides ways. Ne way to fix that? 2nd how do i assign the view controld to the right stick?

8. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    hmm... are you on HID mode? I never change the left and right analog sticks of my Moga and by Avabels default config left analog is used to move the character, while right analog is used to move the camera.

9. rovzian

rovzian New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    guys, can you use wireless controller like ps3? i cant use mine. when i try to connect my ps3 controller thru sixaxis app, it says illegal program. but when sixaxis app was closed, i can play without any problem.

10. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    can use root programs now because of the XIGN subapp that the devs have integrated in their pre-checks while loading the game. You can play with your PS3 but only on native mode (i.e. connecting via USB OTG). Because stock android has no native bluetooth drivers that can communicate with the PS3 controller.

11. rj83

rj83 New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Rj83
    Level:
    What is HID mode? Is ghic and nibiru the same as hid? I'm not tech savvy at all.

12. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    HID mode is the generic gamepad driver mode, which has been available to android since android 4.0... You know you are on HID mode if you are able to navigate through the android interface (menu etc...) using your controller. Some controllers have proprietary application which serves as the driver to your controller. For instance, MOGA has their app called "Moga Pivot" on the google playstore. Installing this enables you to your moga controller to other moga supported games, which already have controls mapped which is designed specifically for the moga controller. I am unsure if the current version of the game supports any other mode other than HID though.

So if youre on HID, but youre having problems with the controller mapping on your device, you can manually configure them in game by going to the menu > config > control > control mapping

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. trackz

trackz Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    trackz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
  14. Synamir

Synamir New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Synamir
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewWind
    Hello sir, have u tried this? Does it work. Cause I hate hitting the wrong button Lol I strike when I should have rolled lol

15. Synamir

Synamir New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Synamir
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewWind
    Hey how are you?
    The 6 button controller.. were the 6 buttons for shortcuts? Or the controller itself had 6 buttons total?

16. Arystasha

Arystasha Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Arystsh
    Level:
    Guild:
    NoneButLookin

Hey man sorry this was so long ago i dont even play anymore (or very very little) but the one i saw had 6 buttons up front and two triggers total of 8 buttons. Hope that helps. Oh also , check out youtube. Some one spliced an n64 controller to work with avabel. Didnt look hard, but thats what i would do now. I think some where i still have the rigged controller i made.....

17. Synamir

Synamir New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Synamir
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewWind
    Thanks man. I'll check it out.. n they spliced the n64 contr...i have to see lol

18. rosalindLeigh

rosalindLeigh New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ikramm
    FYI ipega series PG9025 is now compatibles with avabel game. I already test it and it works well. Try to re - pairing ur devices bluetooth with ur gamepad .

19. zeitgeist

zeitgeist New Member

does ipega pg9025 lag?

or all bluetooth controllers lag on avabel? (including moga pro/hero power)

is lag latency also the same for z3+ps3 bluetooth connection?

does anyone have a shield here? (tablet/portable) that works on avabel?

20. Smiggels

Smiggels New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Smiggs
    Level:
    Sorry I don't have those controllers but I can say that I have tested with a wired PS3 controller and a wireless/wired PS4 on multiple devices.
    I know nothing about iOS other than the fact that Android is better than it lol. These have been tested for use on Android OS only. So for the people asking if they still work, I tested this on
    05/09/2015. So there you go, they still work haha.

Wired PS3 I could only get to work on some devices. Response was quick, as expected.
    Wired aftermarket PS3 I could only get to work on some devices. Response was quick, as expected.
    Wireless PS4 I could only get to work on some devices. Response was quick on most devices.
    Wired PS4 (using the main USB to Mini-USB) worked with all devices. Response was quick, as expected.

• Informative Informative x 1