1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Controllers for Avabel (Android)

Discussion in 'Device Support / In Game Issues' started by marcocococo, May 8, 2014.

1. Jerre

Jerre The bokeh mashta!!!

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    yep most definitely. Its a no fuss controller. All you need to do is download the moga pivot app (for free), turn on your bluetooth on your droid, then run the moga pivot app. It will guide you through the proper initial pairing... once paired, you all you need to do is turn off the controller, then turn on mode B (the red one). That's the HID mode, then pair it using bluetooth you should see something like Moga pro controller HID then just pair. You may need to rescan bluetooth devices to see it. I just turn bluetooth off then back on from Android. Then everything works without needing to set anything. I love it playing my PSP emulator. Works like a dream :)

EDIT: I am using the first gen Moga PRO

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  2. Darkkiaser

Darkkiaser New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    VixyXxX
    Level:
    i first posted my Snakebyte iDroid:con wasn't fully working on avabel. A person recommended to get a moga here on forum. So i bought MOGA Pocket, and i downloaded MOGA Pivot, MOGA Universal Driver apps from google play. i go through all the set up on the apps, but now when i log into avabel the game doesn't even recognize the controller unlike like first controller all key assignments are empty and i can't manual set them any guides or something be very appreciated to help me to get moga Pocket to work because i look on forums and see other people getting it to work but don't go into detail how.
    tyvm

edit: i am using nexus 7 32gig (2013)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  3. Green_Apple

Green_Apple New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Yukina
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Im using ipega game controller...avabel support it

4. Metazio

Metazio Ex-Owner (orig.) of Metazio AS.New IGN:Zen-Kai

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Zen-Kai
    Level:
    Guild:
    Many
    Im using samsung game pad on note 3. A yone knows how to usethe 2nd analogue to gaze or change camera angle . Allseems to work fine just the camera angle

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  5. Metazio

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Zen-Kai
    Level:
    Guild:
    Many
    MetazioMember

Im using samsung game pad on note 3. A yone knows how to usethe 2nd analogue to gaze or change camera angle . Allseems to work fine just the camera angle

6. Green_Apple

Green_Apple New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Yukina
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Mine can use both analog...right for.camera left for move

7. Metazio

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Zen-Kai
    Level:
    Guild:
    Many
    Aww hmmm how can the samsung game pad use right for camera ?

8. Green_Apple

Green_Apple New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Yukina
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Nver try samsung controller...mine using ipega game controller...it support all button...try to.use gamekeyboard...few of them said use that.thing

9. Metazio

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Zen-Kai
    Level:
    Guild:
    Many
    What is game keyboard sir? Can u show me link thx .im sorry just want to know how to rotate using my controller

10. Stunlock

Stunlock New Member

I had just posted on this in the original thread about controllers, but the best setup for minimizing latency I've found is a PS3 controller via bluetooth setup from a rooted device. PS3 controllers aren't the cheapest, but they are very high quality and the right joystick controlling the camera with the D-Pad controlling zoom is very nice. The app to use it with your phone is also very cheap. I would imagine this would be far easier than soldering and wiring things together. :)

11. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    Moga works pretty well out of the box now. but navigation across the menu is very clunky.

12. fando01

fando01 Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    GabbX
    Level:
    Guild:
    SOLOPlayer
    I hope there's a game controller for android using OTG slot.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  13. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    The PS3 works natively if you connect it to the android via OTG. Sixaxis app is only required if you want to connect the controller wirelessly. Search for gameklip. Its a game clip made for the PS3. THe package also includes a direct USB micro -> USB mini cable, so you can connect it directly without the OTG cable

14. Bernard Allan Domingo

Bernard Allan Domingo New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Zeref
    Level:
    Hi Sir,

May i ask whats the model of your ipega device and how did you connect it to ypur phone. Mine is Ipega PG9025 i connected it directly to my device without any software(Ipega Game Center) and uses X-button controller mode. Connection was successful but i cant use L2 and R2 buttons also The chat doesn't work the text keyboard does not come out only the textbox is appearing.

15. Excarch

Excarch New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Excarch
    Level:
    Can i still login my char even if i clear my data?

16. LuisSan

LuisSan Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    NoName
    Level:
    Guild:
    Non
    I don't know how old this forum is, but if anyone is still following it can you help me, my game control is an ipega mobile gaming control but I cant get it to work on Avabel I have tried it on other MMO games like Nova and it still doesn't work..

17. trackz

trackz Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    trackz
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Actually if u owning a Sony Xperia (preferable Xperia Z 1, 2 or 3) device u have a preinstalled systemapp which let u use ps3/4 controller with using an adapter cable, so ur device has less battery drain and cpu usage compared to a wireless connection like bluetooth, nfc(dono if that technical possible) or wireless network.

18. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    If youre using android, yes. If IOS, you need to make a transfer code.

Are you able to make it work in HID mode? The game only supports HID mode. If youre using a special software (i.e. Moga Pivot app for Moga controllers) to use that controller, unless avabel supports that software then your out of luck.

HID is the generic controller driver built in to newer android (jellybean onward IIRC). Just turn on Bluetooth and pair and you should be connected to it automatically on HID mode. You can confirm the buttons working fine if youre able to navigate around android OS using the direction buttons, and select and cancel using the face buttons (the buttons on the opposite side of the direction buttons). Good luck!

19. drigz

drigz New Member

No more controller support anymore? Most the controller support method I know of requires root. Avabel does not support root after 12-21 update. Any workaround this?

20. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    I can think of 2 methods...

1. If you got a PS3 controller, connect it via USB OTG cable, and you can use it natively as an HID controller. No root required.

2. Use an natively android-compatible Bluetooth controller like ipega, moga, etc. These controllers are supported by the android OS without needing root. I would recommend moga as I have it and it has HID mode, which is the only mode supported by the game.