1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Controllers for Avabel (Android)

Discussion in 'Device Support / In Game Issues' started by marcocococo, May 8, 2014.

1. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    I know hardcore pvp'ers know how it feels whenever you slip your fingers on those skill buttons while fighting.
    So i've been searching for some gamepads that can be used via bluetooth and has button mappings.

I dont want to use ganepads that connects tru the micro usb port since i'll be using it to connect phone to TV.
    PicsArt_1399590569508.jpg

So far, ive been eyeing on Moga Pocket controller but i still wanna hear from those who use other gampads while playing avabel.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Arystasha

Arystasha Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Arystsh
    Level:
    Guild:
    NoneButLookin
    Lol well I wasnt gonna release it quite yet. But I know u were a fan of the getto boom. So about a week ago I finshed my game pad for my tablet.best solution I found so far. But to do the mod u will need the skills and the following.

Dremel
    Hard case.
    Saudering iron
    Extra small guage wire

Apps:
    Game keyboard
    Blue ime service

Basicly I moded a icade mobile to fit my nexus. I plan to make a u tube video soon to see it in action. Here is what I found before u all get to excited.

Pros:
    Buttons!
    Easy to grip
    Snap camera

Cons:
    Hard to configure game keyboard
    Poor battery comsuption
    Controller take aa battery no recharge pack

Also gamekeyboard puts the chat box at the bottom so u cant see what ur typing. So over all its awsome for pvp. Crapy for anything else as u cant grip the tablet to chat. But if u want the advantage in pvp, I built this for under $30

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Arystasha

Arystasha Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Arystsh
    Level:
    Guild:
    NoneButLookin
    The pictures... im sure rolo will leave a ton of redneck photos right about.... now! Haha

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. -Winter

-Winter Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Winter
    Level:
    Guild:
    Night☆Fury
    Wait is that on the tv???? How did you do that?!?!

5. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Connect phone to tv via micro usb to hdmi cable. (¯▼¯)

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. -Winter

-Winter Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Winter
    Level:
    Guild:
    Night☆Fury
    micro usb?

7. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I think that only works for andriod not Apple products

8. marcocococo

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Yep only for android.

9. Arystasha

Arystasha Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Arystsh
    Level:
    Guild:
    NoneButLookin
    Well can tell u there is a ton of blue tooth game pads out there. It was hard for me to find that would work with the button lay out because I switch from two devices. So trying to get use to a controller then back to touch would mess me up to much. I forgot the names but if u hit ebay, I saw some with six buttons up front and two triggers. That would seem to me to he the best option, if not the route I went.

10. Ginobe

Ginobe New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Ginobe
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    i bought a moga ace but hasn't come in yet anyone tried a controller yet?

11. javolution

javolution New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    javalon
    Level:
    steel series controller works, red samurai keyboard controller works like a charm

• Like Like x 1
  12. javolution

javolution New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    javalon
    Level:
    i use a note 3

13. Darkkiaser

Darkkiaser New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    VixyXxX
    Level:
    i am using nexus 7 32gig 2013 model to play the game.
    the controller i have is:
    snakebyte, idroid:con
    here is link on controller:
    http://www.amazon.com/Snakebyte-iDr...4721836&sr=8-1&keywords=snakebyte,+idroid:con

i have tried all settings on controller set up types, (4 axes-12 buttons, digital trigger buttons, 5 axes-10 buttons, analog trigger buttons, keyboard mode, mouse mode, icade mode, keyboard + mouse mode) at most i can use dpad and analog sticks working, but buttons x, y, a, b, start, select, l1, l2, r1, r2 i cant assign under config for control in options of game.

i don't know why i cant assign them any help be very much appreciative.

tyvm

14. Jerre

Jerre The bokeh mashta!!!

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    Does your controller support HID mode? Because the game, as far as I know, only uses and supports HID mode. I have tried my MOGA controller on my device, and it works perfectly. The only gripe I have really is that the buttons still appear onscreen even though there is a controller connected. Other than that, it works like a charm.

Optionally, there is a paid app called USB/BT Joystick center on google play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poke64738.usbjoygold&hl=en

This app will allow you to map certain areas of the screen to your joystick's buttons. Its a bit of a chore to setup, but works perfectly once you have. Only problem I had when I used it was that I cannot map the onscreen analog nub to my device properly. because you need to put map the joystick to the exact center of the onscreen nub which I never perfected. Otherwise, when you release your analog stick, it faces whichever direction off center the mapped button is to the on screen button. But I converted it to a 8-way directional control and works perfectly. Also this option requires root. HTH

15. Darkkiaser

Darkkiaser New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    VixyXxX
    Level:
    according to spec's it has HID when i have it mode 1. i go to key config, it has it assigned the buttons but when i push buttons for example yes and cancel or even a short cut i put attack on the game doesn't respond to controller.

16. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    ok. here's a basic test if your HID is working properly. Press the direction button of your controller while in HID mode. If you are able to navigate through the items in your home screen, or menu. This is because more recent android devices support HID natively and you can use your controller to navigate through the android interface itself. If you are able to do this, then it should work in Avabel. I believe the confirm is the bottom face button, cancel is the right face button.

17. Darkkiaser

Darkkiaser New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    VixyXxX
    Level:
    ok i can navigate through my screens on nexus 7 with dpad and analog sticks and yes X will open apps but cancel wont work. what i don't get about game like i said first post is my dpad and my analog controls work in the game just not any of the buttons.

18. Jerre

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    Theres the problem right there. Because it appears some buttons arent working using the android interface because that is done natively using the face buttons. In my moga, its the lower most face button that confirms, cancel/back is the right most face button, home I think is the upper most button. And I forgot what the left most button does. But all of them are functioning in the when I roam through the interface of the OS. :)

If youre unable to make some face buttons work in navigating through the andoid interface, you will also be unable to make them work on Avabel, as the OS itself it appears is not recognizing the face button inputs. I would suggest that you check the manual or google around for how to set your controller properly. If by then, the face buttons allow you to fully navigate through the Android interface, it should work already in Avabel. Its weird because my controller is essentially, pair and play after I installed my Moga drivers. Everything is fully working thereafter. If its a new device, perhaps it might be worth considering replacing the controller as there might be a defect because some buttons work, while others dont.

19. Darkkiaser

Darkkiaser New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    VixyXxX
    Level:
    ok tyvm for all the help.

20. Darkkiaser

Darkkiaser New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    VixyXxX
    Level:
    also a quick question u said u have moga and works fine what one would you recommend if i have to replace this controller moga or moga pro i be playing this game and iruna and emulators all the way up to play station.