1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Chaining Skills - How To Master

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by Luzio, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Luzio

Luzio New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Luzio
    Often players feel the need to rely on one skill and can forget how to organize attacks so as to get the most efficiency from a "string" of attacks.

My conclusion:
    I've organized my attacks on Shortcuts by their Cool Downs. There are 3 slots next to your basic (which I call the flux). When I'm cycling through my shortcuts in battle, I always know that my "2 highest" skills are my long cool Downs and my lower skills (besides jump/dash/roll) are my short cool downs. This allows me to prioritize attacks and move on quickly to a different attack instead of waiting those last 3 seconds for my skill to finish cooling.

Give me your ideas. How would you adjust my technique and what do you do to better prioritize attacks?

• Like Like x 2
  2. The-Joker

The-Joker New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wrath
    Level:
    I currently only rely on 2 skills for my rogue(yes I know I'm horrible) one of which has no cool down and the other is very short
    Ranger only relied on 4(didn't use auto, and once again one has no CD) so I just fit them all in- cant exactly help there :(
    However if you have a specific class in mind I can ask around in game?

3. Blackcurtain1992

Blackcurtain1992 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Harley
    Level:
    Guild:
    DarkStar
    I always have buffs/long cd spells on page 2 and the bread and butter spells on page 1. Page 3 is for Emos or pots. I adjust my spells/class for every situation. But I`m just a casual player so thats enough for me. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. The-Joker

The-Joker New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wrath
    Level:
    Try putting emo's on the set emotion pages, and I do know a lot of people that do put skills on pages according to CD(long ones on 1, medium on 2, whatever else on 3)
    I personally put pots with my skills- basic is good sometimes :p

5. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    In rpgs this is called chaining. To use a series of skills with no or little down time to help ensure higher dps/support. Very mana (SP) consuming in many rpgs including this one.

I organize my shortcuts to accommodate different play styles; evasion, pursuit, counters, damage dealer, close quarters, long range, mid range, ect. While some slots have the same skills, all combos/skills work well together for that page. Alowing me to keep my comfort level up while my flexibility at its most. I can show one of my videos as an example of this if requested.

Edit: i may rename this thread to a more fitted title. This one is a bit misleading.

6. Luzio

Luzio New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Luzio
    I was looking for the right wording, thank you!

I do like your idea of how you accommodate your skills according to your position in battle, but because that can fluctuate so much depending on build, class, etc. I can see how that could cause a problem. Explain further and if you can describe or show how your skills are laid out.

Thanks again!

7. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    I wont be able to link my videos till i can get home later. However i never had much issue with using those style pages. I never made my pages for a single style. Each page contains a major role with a secondary role at supports or plays into it. Evasion works great with counters and or close range. Just an example if you will. I typicly play a rogue/thief archetype for every class i play as, this includes mages and rangers. Rogue is my base play style in rpgs, So naturally ill use it in everything i play. So ill major in evasion, counters, close quarters, and movement. So ill use skills that are these styles or play into them smoothly enough. So I have a page that has skills that make me move in a direction (either forward or backwards or side to side) coupled with evasion type skills. Then a chase/pursuit page with close quarters and 2 evasions. This goes on as long as i have pages to work with. It be easyer to see with my videos. Ill see if i cant just drop my youtube channel here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYvgMGgCSOZKSZ_agoRZTVw

Please note, i am an odd fellow (losing can be and is enjoyable for me as i learn far more from it) and an elitist for rpgs. And because of how the community was behaving and acting towards "winning" I made a new account to support low lv meta characters for pvp purposes. This character was able to do exceedingly well for what gear i had and who i was fighting. I want to hopefully get back to playing and get it back up to where he once was.

8. Elephant

Elephant New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Esper
    Nice idea. Distance and skills affect come into mind a lot. But organizing all that into a working flow seems valuable.