1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Best build for PVP (magician)

Discussion in 'Magician' started by xborgx, Jan 24, 2015.

?

Best mage PVP class

Poll closed Jul 13, 2015.
  1. Elementalist

37.5%
  2. Soulblader

25.0%
  3. Darkpain

12.5%
  4. Wizard

25.0%
  1. xborgx

xborgx New Member

Makati / Bonifacio Global City - Philippines
    Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    xborgx
    Level:
    Guild:
    NonstopPH
    @Taibasa Tsuyou - I'm approaching lvl74 and have almost mastered elementalist. I went for LS with blizz > Ele with willow > then I'm going for wiz next. I'll take cutter with me then go for DP. After ele, what are you gonna go for?

2. xborgx

xborgx New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    xborgx
    Level:
    Guild:
    NonstopPH
    @Jhuff - Mastering an advanced class means taking all its skills to max level. Lost Speller for instance is one of magician's advanced classes, which becomes an option when you reach level 50. The Lost Speller's hidden skill called Dark Corruptor gets released when you max its Quick Spell skill.

3. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    In my eyes your plan is quite nice~
    Most Mage builds won't work effective with Soul Blader as that's a hybrid class. Ignite; Advent would be hard to beat unless with a great Party. So you'd release Ignite later on when higher level (for me I'm either trying coming weekend at my current level 79/80, I think).

So far for PvP
    Wz is good with mid-close range.
    El for the trics and traps + self defense.
    Ls of course Blizzard/ Black Corrupter changing uses + the Quick Spell.
    Dp has overal great skills as in Black Hand reaping max Hp, Hell Guide reaping max Sp, Curse Cuse for wide-long range and the curse passive which decreases foe's power.

As I just mastered Dp yesterday, I now can say that this was the path I took:
    Ma>Ls>Wz(m)>El(m)>Ls(unlocked Black Corrupter here)>Dp(m)>Ls

Yups, a rather rare path since I didn't had Blizzard while being Wz, El and Dp (still did fine without Blizzard as Mages aren't just Blizzard only).
    Still hlad with no regret I didn't master Ls earlier, since now I have 3 masters on Ls at Level 79. That also means an extra skill (hidden).
    A lot of Mages I've met didn't even mastered 1 Class or only 1 (Ls). While I was just there with already 2 masters and almost 3 then (now actually 3). So I think that it is either them trying to master later than I did... Or that the fact Ls take more time to master due the Hidden Black Corrupter.
    Another point. When someone else also would have mastered 3 clases like me, but had Ls mastered... He would probably also need to master that 4th class, while I can just take my time now (until the time when I'm going Ignite).

My current situation:
    The 3 master skills + Blizzard + Black Corrupter + Quick Spell!! Awesome right? \(^o^)/

As for me I sometimes change my skills for Wz and Dp already (depending on my situation). O:
    Wz: Wind Thrust / Dark Edge
    Dp: Hell Guide / Curse Cuse

Back to PvP... I think every class can be used as Main depending on play-style you've got.

El: Willow Cycle for self protection while trapping combo Scud Soul, Eneblitz and Mine Spark. Tetra Laser could be used as both dummy and attack in combo with other master skills too.

Wz has Wind Thrust, quite a lot of people fear. Grand Fang which is an unexpected skill that's quite effective (though I haven't personally used this one much). Dark Edge... Mid-range in PvP... But no idea if people as using this that much in PvP.. I do know it's very nice in the middle of PvE when you're surrounded by monsters xD Love it when they all are gone due Dark Edge).

Ls has quick Spell which makes skills faster *^*
    Blizzard and Black Corrupter can be used as traps.
    Flash Glow as placing trap like El; in combo with Scud Soul, Eneblitz where you can lure them into Blizzard or so. :3
    Prominence.... A luck depending skill in PvP I think?

Dp each skill has it's benefit as stated above the spoiler.

All has at least 2 skills + Passive which are handy in PvP with additional master skills depending on ones choise.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  4. xborgx

xborgx New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    xborgx
    Level:
    Guild:
    NonstopPH
    Taibasa. This is awesome. Thanks for the input. I'm lvl89 now and I have all the mage advanced classes thanks to my patience doing random dungeon@30 floors per day when I was lvl50. Used to do 70-100F everyday, sometimes 3 times. Out of all my mastered classes, ele is most useful for PVP. Willow has huge damage. Putting it into good use by using summoning 5 willows + dash.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Ima be a negative nancy and point out....i hate this threads title. Everytime it comes on my notifications i feel something inside snap. As good as this thread has turned into (no more best talk)....the title bothers me. Same with the poll...who else feels this should be changed to be more politically correct?

6. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I agree and Also I don't like the Thread in Rogue "Rogue Worst Class" or whatever it called cause the Word "Worst"+"Rogue" Bothers me when put together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Something like "Different Magician PvP Build" ?
    "Preferred Magician PvP build" ?
    . . .

Yea....That Rogue thread isn't even matching.. Rogue is an awesome class ToT Would've been my 3rd Character Class, if I would get a 3rd Character (as I never pay for games with real money, I can't get that).

Also....Rayleigh.....don't look below in the Similar Threads... O:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    *Gift Character Expansion* If there was a Gift Rating I would Click it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    I am game for changing those threads names

I never scrool that far for the sanctity of my health.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jay159

Jay159 New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Jaydiss
    Level:
    Hello, I'm a 72 mage who has elemental and ignite. ( mastering ignite then getting slywinder) Now, I have switched from being a dex mage, to full int, to int/dex hybrid. When I was was a hybrid. My dex was at 35 int 113+ ( I can't remember the exact number of int but the dex is correct). With passive, the daily benefits, and guild pasive, my dex would be as high as 52 at times. Now while farming this was was a wonderful, the crits were great, however, during pvp it was very seldom that I ever hit a crit. I think for the few months I was this build, I only saw maybe 4 crits on pvp players haha. Trust me it was scary when I did. But it just didn't happen alot. Currently, I'm full int and absolutely loving it. I ranged from 700 to 1400 with my willow:) I'll tell u right now, ele in pvp destroys. Ele and I works well togethwr. And ele ignite and slywinder destroys all:). That's just my opinion. The hidden alone on slywinder strikes fear in everone. Muahahahaha hahahah.;) just remember pvp is based on being able to dodge. If u can dodge u can win. Dodge attack sprint repreat:)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. *VOID*

*VOID* New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Void
    Level:
    Guild:
    BlackList
    I am 200 dex 130 int build and it is far more powerful in pvp. your worst enemy will be gunner as you will have a terrible time hitting them and they will be constantly in your face criting you. Ignite is a class best left to master last. wizard lsp and sylwinder are great first classes ele only good for el willow pr tetra in pvp. mage is too easy to dodge so wizard makes up for it with wind thrust. Being able to cast while you charge a instant cast spell is very helpful. 700-1400 must have been on low levels or no mdef players.

• Like Like x 1
  12. senji

senji New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    senji
    Level:
    Guild:
    Infamous
    If youre only a lvl 72 mage and only have 3 classes you cant tell anyone what is "best" *rolls eyes* *hangs self*

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1