1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Battle Dancer (BDa)

Discussion in 'Wonderer' started by WongBong, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Victor2hm

Victor2hm New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Swift9
    Level:
    Does the damage or cool down change if u only equip one one-handed spear? Because I'm poor and buying to get way to pricey.

2. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    cooldowns are only affected by whats in the right hand. Damage is done from averageing two weapons together and dividing it by two. So if you duel wield, keep that in mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    So I take it that this class can only use spears, I want to know before I go searching for an axe as a left hand wep... xD Mainly concered because of how Gd works, with mace only being a Adv wep allowment

4. WHITE94

WHITE94 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kogaan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unique
    Battle Dancer can only use its skills with 1h spear and 2h spear
    Geo Dancer (Gd) can NOT use axes (would be useless anyway cause Gd is mostly matk based and axes have no matk xP)

Magic Skills of Geo Dancer can use Blunt weapon though, but i would only advice to take the Blunt to your left hand (with a 1h spear in your right hand)

most go with the 2h spear for Battle Dancer since they have more atk, but with 1h spear you will have shorter cooldowns
    your choice ;)

EDIT: I did NOT read your post correctly .-. (sry)
    Wd can't equip Axes (I am pretty sure, but I'm gonna check it right after) but you can use 1h swords in your off-hand

EDITEDIT: checked it, Wd can't equip axes at all
    Gd can still equip 1h and 2h spears ;) (3/4 skills only for 1h spears (and 1h rod lol))

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    yeah, i figured, well, that means ima havta sell my axe and ect, oh well, xD thanks for the reply

6. Abomination

Abomination New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Sparda,
    Level:
    Guild:
    RavenThorn
    So I mastered the Battle Dancer class about 2(?) weeks ago, so might as well share my experience with it.
    My weapon setup of choice is a 1h spear/sword combo (currently sporting a spear only) because of the faster cooldown, the sword making up for the loss in the dmg department, and I feel faster with that setup (I have a Ro mentality due to my previous character being one, but I digress), so if you're using a 2hander, this class's effectiveness may not be the same. So onto the skills:

Lock Slash: I chose the firepower type (Type B I think) because the speed reduction is unnoticeable anyways (think of Ro's Cast Viper). Pre-Lv 6 the skill's dmg is okay, not great but not bad either. It has the fastest CD among the dancer's skills. In PvP, I didn't use this skill much mostly because the delay between hits, making it a punishable move if facing something with mid, mid-to-long, long range or keepaway skills (like Dodge Dagger). For PvE, it's a risky skill to use on higher floors (10+) due to how strong the mobs there are, as well as exposing yourself to status (like poison in fl13-15).

Gushing Spin: My master skill of choice. I chose the range type because its dmg output is nasty (subjectively speaking) as it is, and the firepower type would've been overkill. The range type's coverage is deceivingly large, making it a good skill against crowds. The main pros of this skill would be it being a multihit skill (the ending slash registers as 2 hits) and that it moves you forward a distance comparable to Ro's Kill Drive (if nothing's in the way). A con I can think of would be that if you can time the first hit, you're pretty much safe from the rest. In PvP, this is one of my most used skills because of its high dmg even with just a 1h spear and because I find it to be a very good punisher skill (landing the 4 hits is quite satisfying). In PvE, it's my most used skill when rushing due to it's huge range, netting me a considerable amount of kills.

Live Moon: I went for the cooldown type because up to Lv5 it can take its sweet time charging. In all honestly, I don't like this skill because while it's meant to be a mid-to-long range skill (the second shot traveling only half the distance of the first one), the delay in the first shot is pretty long, making it an easily punishable and dodgeable skill. In PvP, I didn't use this skill very much because of the already mentioned cons. In PvE, I didn't use this skill but for finishing off mobs at a distance.

Fighter's Beat: I chose the duration type. This skill pretty much compensates the lack of a passive to a degree. While the ATK boost is welcome, the DEF reduction makes it a little shaky to use if you don't have high physical defense, which can be very detrimental in PvP and main tower at high floors. In PvP, I used this skill only at the beginning of a match (at no rule) because the animation's long enough to give the opponent an important amount of free hits, especially with the DEF nerf present. In PvE, I hardly used it at main tower due to my choice of armor, but I used it a fair amount of times when rushing. Do note that this skill CANNOT be chosen as a master skill.

I personally chose this as my starting class because it looked fun to use (and Spin's animation looks pretty darn cool), and to be honest, it was. Would I recommend others to choose this as a starting class?... It would depend on the player mostly, because while the skills are strong enough to help you with floors, it also requires you to know how to time dodges, which wasn't a problem for me due to my past experience as a Rogue. What I would encourage to others is to master Bard first and take Therapy Melody as the master skill to help with survivability, since the use of Fighters Beat could cost you a good chunk of HP, I learned that the hard way (I didn't die once when flooring until I reached fl14 but again, things may not go as well for others).

I prefer to keep the rest of my build/gear of choice to myself because of its sort of experimental nature (and the uniqueness to it), but I could oblige to share it later on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    this helped alot, added to the skill pics upfront, my main question was answered, so it means 1h sword is an option just not axe, which is ok, i think people misread my horrid question into thinking i didnt know about Gd, (my bad) but oh well, I now havta decide between Sk and this class, cause both sound good, and both are playable based on my player set (had plenty of Rougues and Warriors in my time xD

8. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    It just sounds you dont get that skills only work based off whats in the right hand. Right hand also controls cooldown rates. Anything left hand does not effect anything other then damage.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    its not that I dont get it, I just wanted to know if using another one hand wep with better atk than another spear was possible,
    intially I knew that right is Cd and main wep, and that left is for buffing dmg or equalling it out, well, now that this mess is over, I can just ho with Battle Dancer, the hit up Gd, Thanx to all answeres? I guess? xD

10. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Then...why did you ask if you already knew?

11. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    xD okay, let me reword everything, I knew about left hand right hand, I did not know whether Battle dancer could use a different 1h or if was 1h Spear only. understandably confusing when I mentione Gd, which had the ability to use a blunt, so from there I just wanted to know if it applied to Battle Dancer or not, which was answered, meaning Im logging on now to get my last 2lvls

12. dgo1987

dgo1987 Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Diablos
    Level:
    Is Str = Dex a Good idea for wanderer?

My idea is use 1h spear + 1h sword to hit constantly with the fast skills of battle dance, I hope I can make a good mount of crits with decent damage

Edited: if its not Str = Dex a least for 100 hit rest in Str. I dont care for healing I want to be pure offensive.

13. Abomination

Abomination New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Sparda,
    Level:
    Guild:
    RavenThorn
    If you're going for full offensive, then you might want to add some Vit for survivability, mostly because Battle Dancer's buff skill reduces your defense while active. Either Vit or some very good armor to make up for being squishier would be the way to go.

14. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    My build is Str and Dex but my Str is 100 and the rest is being poured into Dex, I hit so unfairly hard (Assuming the have 5* gear or lower and that they are not currently rifting xD) Meaning yeah, It appears str and dex are going to be the main two stats, Vit sounds optional but Wd is still squishy anyway xD

15. Akura~

Akura~ New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Hosaka
    Level:
    What stats should i put on my battle dancer cause im a bit confused on what to do

16. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    well, so far in testing, this class has a very nice dmg set, not bad but not amazing, as for stats, it depends on how you play, I play mine like a Rogue and use 30ish dex with the resr in str, id say str is dominat though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Akura~

Akura~ New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Hosaka
    Level:
    So All You Need For Stats Is Str And Dex? Do You Need Anymore For Example Vit To Survive Or Does Battle Dancer Already Have A Good Amount Of Health?

18. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    Well, for me, I ended up with 3.3isk thousand Hp at lvl50, but I used two Origami Cranes. My take on it is that vit is optional but because of the buff, def really doesnt benifit except in CD time. If u stat vit, just be aware that Hp is what itd be for. (imo)

19. Akura~

Akura~ New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Hosaka
    Level:
    Also Can You Unlock Battle Dancer With 1st Release Stone Or Something?

20. Larcel

Larcel New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Serek
    Level:
    Guild:
    WinterMoon
    i believe you can, though I just used xtals, so I cant back an answer xP