1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Base Rogue FAQ (no advanced classes)

Discussion in 'Rogue' started by koku_rou142, Jul 13, 2014.

?

Whats your weapon of choice?

1. Dagger

63.3%
  2. Sword

20.4%
  3. Axe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hammer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Knuckles

0.7%
  6. Rod

0.7%
  7. Sword&Shield

3.4%
  8. A freaking tree trunk

11.6%
  1. koku_rou142

koku_rou142 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Q1. Sword or Dagger
    A. From levels 5-49 its recommended you go with sword. A sword has a narrower area of attack, while a dagger is wider. Sword's melee attacks are also faster. Daggers also add MATK, its slightly less damage can prove challenging, but at higher floors they will come in handy.

Q2. Dual Wield or Single
    A. Dual Wielders typically possess a higher damage output, but Single Wielders have the advantage of using a shield. Not quite recommended for 5-49 to use a shield. You can dual wield if you wish. In fact, almost everyone 5-39 dual wields.

Q3. Def, Mdef, or Balanced Armor
    A. For 5-49, it's better to go with DEF, since a lot of monsters from floors 1-8 use physical attacks (except bosses. They don't count :p). If you'd appreciate extra SP, find armor with the higher MDEF as that usually adds more SP. If you want more HP and SP, there are armors that have a relatively close amount of DEF and MDEF, which adds SP and HP almost evenly.

Q4. Do I purchase armor and weapons from the store or stall?
    A. You can buy your first weapon at level 5 when you choose Rogue. All your armor and weapons can be from monster drops. Items are for levels 1-40, so I'd say save your gold for armor and weapons for when you hit 50.

Q5. Which store rings should I use?
    A. Rogues would benefit most from STR, and DEX rings. You can wear 2 of the same or one of each. The +2 is a little under 2,000G, easily affordable for 5-49.

Q6. Which passive skills to I increase/max?
    A. Definitely Duplex, definitely STR, VIT and DEX. It's optional to so all 8 but you can skip INT, MEN, SP and HP passives.

Q7. What stats should I do?
    A. From 5-30 you can freely test out builds and stat ratios to explore your style. The typical stat ratio by 49 would be VIT=20, DEX=(20 or 30) and the rest into STR.

Q8. What skills should I increase?
    A. Like all classes, our ace skill (kill drive) has a few pre requisites. You can either do those few skills, or you can increase them all to expand your arsenal.

Q9. Range vs Close Quarters?
    A. We can do both, but it is recommended to go melee, since majority of our skills revolve around close quarters. We do have 3 ranged skills, throw dagger, cast viper (very useful in pvp) and dodge dagger. Switch it up between all the skills you plan to use.

Q10+ I'll leave this blank for any questions I haven't already covered. Remember this is an FAQ for BASE ROGUE, not advanced classes. A separate thread for Advanced Rogue Classes FAQ will be made by me and @Leo Striker FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL CLASS. Hope this was helpful, enjoy the game, folks!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    I love healing (first aid) So dagger is my only choice. If sword can prove to set ATK to MATK, i'm more than happy to use it^^

• Like Like x 2
  3. koku_rou142

koku_rou142 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kokurou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Lol i wish swords had the capability to add matk. Even if it's just a little

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    Good job ko

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. XvenX

XvenX New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    Totally new to this, this forum rocks, and the build suggestion info... KUDOS like a mf bro i really like it its working really well thanks. :):D:woot:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    Don't swords have more attack and why would you need matk in the first place by using dagger? I know that you can get buffs for dual daggers but I'm sure swords can make up for those buffs and you can't take on passive to other classes anyways. Most skills are useable with swords so can someone explain to me why many use daggers?

7. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I know enough about rogues to answer this.

In the context of the post (which was a few years ago), daggers were far superior to swords. Why? Because all of the advanced classes used daggers but not all used swords.For the time period, just using daggers was easier since you would have access to all your advanced class skills. (You could make up the damage with swords, but you wouldn't have all the skills available.)

I may be thinking, "But the base class can use swords, and swords are stronger." Both of those are true statements. This is why the OP said it is recommended to use swords for level from 5-49 as you get more damage from them.

In today's standards, rebirth is a thing. Since rebirth classes removes weapon requirements, you can use any skills with those weapons (including swords). The reason to go daggers again is if you want to have a second set of skills from a class that is dagger only (or if you want to use the skills from the magic attack side). If not, then going swords is better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Do not forget that all weapon types have dedicated cooldown modifiers. Dagger is known to have a the best of those modifiers, because of this (at least in a pve setting) it offers a higher DPS when chaining high AR skills. Now in a pvp setting (unless you are in WvW or tower) where you wont have the chance to just unload all the time its often seen as prefered to always have the highest damage per hit so when they do hit, it will hit harder. The problem with this is at least at my view point is that the damage increase from sword isnt that much higher in atk then the dagger. Just anywhere from 20-40 damage atk damage apart when compared one another when at the same star rating and level. Not much is it... Now on top of that the dagger has the matk allowing you to fully utilize any matk skills that comes across for your use while using your class.

All this on top of what @Ace144 said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Domocubed

Domocubed Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Domo
    Level:
    What kind of matk skills are u talking about I don't think rogue has many...

sorry my phone is glitching

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
  10. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Half of Shinobi's attacks are based on magic attack. You could ignore them, but that would be ignoring a couple of skills that could be useful. I was just proving another reason to use daggers over swords.

11. Don't Hate Red Nut

Don't Hate Red Nut New Member

Just feeling nowadays people are more favor revenger over rogue, just because it is new.
    Anyway, is asobimo no longer create some new advanced classes for old primary classes (warrior, ranger , rogue) anymore?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  12. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I think you are right, but I think Rogues play a little better. Revenger and its advanced classes to seem to have more of a learning curve than the Rogue classes.

As for the advanced classes, I'm not sure. I think rebirth was a big mistake. On one hand, you get more content. Leveling each rebirth is harder. Plus, there is some rebirth exclusive content. On the flipside, it makes it harder to implement new advanced classes without annoyance. It's even worse now with the EX skill rings added (since the classes that use them need to be rebirth, re-unlocked, and mastered again to use those skill rings; if another class to be rebirthed is added, then people have to start the process over again). Plus, they have to balance around players having every single advanced class skill a base class can possess. I think that if we do get more advanced classes, it will revolve around rebirth.

13. Don't Hate Red Nut

Don't Hate Red Nut New Member

Indeed, Compared to rebirth options, I rather hope Asobimo can create more advanced class rather than repeating same advanced class, too boring.... As for Revenger, I think It can compete well with rogue....They have kinda big AOE skills which can help to land damage. Pity rogue.......

14. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    @Don't Hate Red Nut @Ace144 That wont stop them from continuing to make other adv classes. The same thing happened when creator and wanderer was released. A lot of players went to it to learn about it or try it out, after a couple months the novelty of the class faded and everyone went back to thier normal route. Of corse some stayed and continued playing the "latest" class as it did better suit thier style or provided something they wanted more then a class that may have similar attributes. It took longer last time to release new adv classes for the other base classes when wanderer was released because they had to get wanderer's adv classes count as high as the rest of the lot. The same thing will happen here with revenger and sure once or twice when pumping out new revenger classes they will release one new tier of adv classses for the rest of the lot.

domo, the statement above kinda extends into your response as well. Shinobi is a wonderful utility class and makes it a great tool for someone who you cant scratch with atk based skills or if you with to debilitate them with a debuff of somekind... Ima stop my self before i ramble on about everything has a use and is dependent on the user before i make this a wall of text and keep it short and simple.