1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Bard class

Discussion in 'Wonderer' started by General, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    conversion after buff removal works with str > men. before atk mist discord did 1000, after atk mist I discord did 1300
    also in another case having a 11:1 ratio of men>str I still got and damage showed little or no sign of increasing so that's not necessarily the right case either, unless the entire thing is dependant on the player having a str buff
    in which case I'm asking for a bit of clarity on the conditions for the str increase

Edit--
    Did further testing, theres still a piece or 2 missing from how the skill truly works but the general idea is what everyone says, more men = more power. the calculation is just not right because as of right now I am str > men and I experience an addition to my str. the amount I get, I cant pull from any 1 source(meaning add it, subtract it, multiply it, divide it and still doesn't fit anywhere) but the constant about it is that it increases by 1pt each time I lvl men.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    From personal exp it may be a good idea to provide somesort of tangable evidence for nay sayers who want to shut down your thesis. When you level up again or what have you, video record to shut them down if you find that you know you are correct. Include the stats and gear and other variables in the video.

Its nice to see someone do some work.

3. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    Thanks for the suggestions. Just added pics of tests showing the conversion still working str>men. Included photos of the bonus as well from daily and guild and ring. 1of the pics didnt save and that alongside the others wouldve shown that the conversion decreased by only 1 with 2 points added into str
    This data will have been after I had already restat from 99str 17men to the following. also I didn't know how to view the effect of the skills on stats while using them at that time. hence why previous data is strictly dmg based and why new data is strictly stat based
    My stats at lvl66 are:
    str:62 +10
    Vit:33+7
    Men:50+8
    No dex no int

After using discord my str becomes:
    str:62+34

After using discord with attack mist active my str becomes:
    Str:62+92

As I increase str (with bonus or base stat) the amount of the bonus decreases as well in a 1:1 ratio so theoretically I need more than 30pts in str before the conversion stops giving a bonus and probably debuffs which is a lot of str. my current opinion on discord is that it is a str based move that takes advantage of the men stat because when you look at bard in general, you have your nov atk skills and passion note scaling with str but therapy melody (I'm not sure about the nov support skills) scaling with men so although the conversion for discord increases with men, this is only a piece of 1 single atk skill with a cooldown that takes a while and as such it isn't a reliable atk skill in terms of availability and effect on overall atks. What it does is allows for a hybrid build of str and men to work more advantageously especially if this is your first advanced class. and when you look at wanderer in general whether you go full int/men/str base or any combo of the 3 almost every(if not every) advance class will have a decent skill for whichever build to borrow if youre creative enough. Screenshot_2016-06-02-16-54-39.png Screenshot_2016-06-02-17-03-32.png Screenshot_2016-06-02-17-01-13.png Screenshot_2016-06-02-17-04-22.png

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. 猿の神様

猿の神様 New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    猿の神様
    Level:
    I just got this class, I plan on getting hermit next. I have a str vit men build I kept them equal until they each hit 30, right now I'm lvl 50 44str 37vit and 30men. Is this ok? I plan on going 2str and 1vit until I have what I need for hermit, from there I was planning on going 2str 1 men. Is this ok? I'm also curious about bards passive, what does it do?

5. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Exploring around~

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Bard passive add Str and men, nothing special •~•

6. 猿の神様

猿の神様 New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    猿の神様
    Level:
    Thanks, with the stats I have though the passive might help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ajjj

ajjj New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    kissme
    Level:
    I don't get any buffs to my str wen I use discord or any other skill. Does it need to be a certain lvl or weapon used?

My discord is lvl 3

My stats are
    Men 103+17
    Everything else 5+5
    3 star lvl 40 2h spear

I do 950 to 1050 dmg on f1 and like 600+ in rush 1.

8. JustJoshing

JustJoshing New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Josh
    Level:
    Guild:
    DOLLARS
    • Do not swear.
    OK guys, I don't mean to rain on the Bard parade but after lots of experiment Bard is hands down the worst class on wonderer. However, it's not bad. In my experience if you have at least 30 men the Therapy Melody (the heal) should be sufficient for you and Discord (the knock-back)should do a decent amount of damage. And the STR scaling skill, Passion Notes, does decent amount of damage to anything that stays in its path. Like I said it's not a bad class but the only thing that makes it unique is Therapy Melody. The other two skills are mediocre at best. Some may argue, "Oh but discord is a MEN nuke!!!" however the basic wonderer class has a STR scaling skill that does exactly that, while Passion Notes is hard to land with an awful cast time practically snaring you for 2-3 seconds. In pvp and gvg this class is useless, even if you can heal everyone (because it will heal you a ton if you have more than 30 men) the heal for your guildmates is based of their own MEN stats and because of the cast time issues on the other skills this class is useless in pvp. But on the brighter side of the Bard it's pve isn't horrible because the enemies are brain dead and won't move out of your passion notes or take advantage of your long cooldowns and cast times. Although Bard seems to have a lot more bad than good I would recommend getting the class as soon as you turn level 50. You may be thinking to yourself, " Why though?" and that's because Therapy melody is SOOOOOO strong throughout the whole game if you have the right amount of men. You dont even have to build men just pick up some MEN rings and get 20 men from those but it will cost you a pretty penny. I recommend maxing this class first and ASAP because that heal makes the game so much easier in PVP, GVG, RDG, and Main Tower. As soon as it's maxed drop the class with its other two pve only skills and pick up battle dancer or spiker (I dont reccomend Hermit casue it's not as strong as people say). Bard is an early pick up and drop class and the heal will give you huge advantages for the rest of your game. It's like doing your chores so you can go out later or play video games :).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Oceanmk

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Thanks for the input. This give Bard lovers some great info :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. JustJoshing

JustJoshing New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Josh
    Level:
    Guild:
    DOLLARS
    No problem... I really don't get it because this forum doesn't have the most up-to-date information atm.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016
  11. Oceanmk

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Just keep trying and understand the class. I also trying my best to increase the effectiveness of Bard as I feel discord and therapy melody are pretty nice skills to have.

Rebirth also a good mechanism. Can do really interesting str debuff combo with discord.

12. schenlark

schenlark New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    WEED
    @JustJoshing Thanks for this, been debating if I should forgo Bard for later and master another class first but made up my mind on what to do now :D

13. JustJoshing

JustJoshing New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Josh
    Level:
    Guild:
    DOLLARS
    No problem

14. .VincentValentine.

.VincentValentine. New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    ShuShu
    Level:
    Guild:
    None
    Has anyone tested the idea of a dex>men bard....

15. osmosis

osmosis New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    tw server lol
    Level:
    Not sure if i'll agree on that - 30 men will give quite a worthless amount of heal especially when now there are armors which boosts ur hp to like >10k, plus it isnt recommanded to split your stats evenly cuz that'll just make you mediocre in every aspect. If you're touching Bard in any point of your career in avabel its either that you're str based and you're trying to pick Passion Note as the master skill for the decent damage or TM (although str TM gives relatively low heals as well), or that you're Men > str/dex/int/vit
    You can say Bard is definitely not the strongest class, but the peculiar stats involved in the skill can enable people to create various interesting builds on Bard, which makes it really fun. I have played Bard for >1 year, i picked men then vit for the ultimate survivability, and it is definitely op by the fact that you can grind in higher level floors (22 is the peak floor where i can still grind comfortably) without consuming one single hp/sp potion (probably cuz i built men>vit). TM heals me for around ~3000 which is 25% of my health, pretty good in my opinion, and together with 2700sp (from men) you can literally grind indefinitely, providing with good armor ofc. Even if taking str or other offensive stats, Bard should probably not be taken as a offensive job: you wont get strong damage from bard's skills if your taking str/int/dex as main stat, and your damage will be intrinsically inferior if your taking men/vit. Furthermore, discord simply becomes less and less helpful in clearing mods when you gradually mastered/ rebirth other various classes.
    I do have to agree that bard is terrible at pvp and gvg, the 2-3s snare of Passion Note and the slight delay of Discord (+ the fact that discord deals low damage without crit from Passion Note) makes Bard skills a easy miss, and makes the user vulnerable when casting them. However, you're quite invincible as you can heal yourself but keep in mind that you may want to heal in a place away from the battlefield where others are distracted xd

if you're trying to main Bard/ focus on Bard you might as well want to try the following stat points
    max men then str: best heal as TM accounts men:str = 3:1 + decent damage
    max men then int: similarly, minimize the lack of damage for Bard builds, but i think the upper build is more effective (+ if int you will need master skills or rebirths of other classes)
    max men then dex: max crit from passion note buff + dex, also works similarly with the 2 builds above, but if you're just doing this simply for the satisfaction of crit hits you might as well just go dex then str/int and pick other classes
    max men then vit: heal + def + mdef + campfire = basically undead, but quite weak damage even with passion note buff (trippling gale from geodancer crits ~500 per hit for me in 22F, but recently I unlocked battledancer and its skills deal quite a decent amount of dmg with passion note (or more with battledancer's att buff). Passion Note -> Battledancer skills seem to wipe mobs faster than passion note -> trippling gale, although trippling gale still proves to be really helpful in very large crowd of mobs.)
    Of course, these are simply my personal opinion. But I'll have to say, if you're planning using Bard as your main class, you have to be quite a patient person to really achieve something lol (i quitted twice before but now that i have decent armor i feel easier playing bard)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    *posting comment from someone else that got in the wrong place*
    @Kurochan August 12, 2017 at 10:07 PM
    I have already improved the healing ability, but it does not increase the amount it heals, does it have some way to improve?

And @Kurochan You can improve your MEN stats. ^^ Bard's skills are mainly based on MEN.