1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

AVABEL Unofficial SUB-Event

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ovan, Feb 11, 2014.

1. ovan

ovan New Member

Avabel Online (Revere ch1) IRL (Chicago IL)
    Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    Hello everyone this is to inform you of a Side Event Taking place that some
    of We the Veteran Players have decided upon on our own, Given that Avabel now has Tower Wars/World Vs and Much more PVP, Quests, Missions, Challenges, There is still not enough story or purpose
    in-Game, In this Role Play you Will all be considered by a Role. The Following are a few of those Roles during Combat Drills. Mages=Strategist
    Warriors=FootSoldiers
    Rangers=Fire Support/Volley
    Creators/Acolytes=Healers
    Rogues= Assassins/Spies/Saboteurs

Avabel has been Split into two Kingdoms The Astorian Kingdom and The Reverian
    Forces.
    The Winners of the Towers each weekend are the Default rulers of each Continent (Floor)
    The Main Tower Floors are Neutral Grounds, the Tower War counts as The Main War Campaign. There are Ten Big Guilds united under Astoria and Reveria has the Remaining Small Guilds made up of Seasoned Veterans. each side has their Strength and Weakness, If you wish to participate Spread the word
    in-game and select a Kingdom (Floor to Spawn in or out) and Forge your Alliances, By Default The Reverians are Refferred to as SGA (Small Guild Alliance)
    If your are an Astorian Your Referred to as The Empire.
    Off-War Jobs For Roles Include

Rangers and their Their Adv.Classes: Huntsman/Poachers/Gatherers for Hire/ Sheriff Town officials

Rogues and their Classes: Thief/Criminal/Assasin for Hire

Creators+: Merchants/Stall Regulators/ Item Makers For Hire

Acolyte+: Doctors/Healers/Field Support/Party Aids

Mage+: War Generals/Chief Council Members/Field Strategists/Beginner's Guides/Magic & Elemental Support.
    Warrior+: Heroes/Mercenaries for Hire/Party Tanks

These are but a few Changes we Made to AVABEL on our Own. If you like this new World Concept Your Welcome to play your Part
    Avabel is a Wilderness and We Want to Tame it a little bit by hosting this Sub-Event that way even if you unlocked all floors you will still have a Purpose and won't get bored. Weekdays are for Leisurely Roaming about, Training for Combat, Pre-War Drills, and Making the most out of your Time in Avabel by doing your Characters Jobs.

The Weekends are where things Heat up and Become a Battle Royale Winning Side Takes all, this is where Friendships can be broken or made and Enemies can become Allies and Vice Versa. This is the Part where Military comes into play the Most, Officers will take the Frontlines with Support teams right behind them, Rogues will split into solo units of their own and Create Chaos and Confusion, Mages and High Level players will act as the Generals and Last Defense Line against their enemies. We hope you join us and have a Wonderful Time. Thank you for Reading this through to
    THE END. Post EDIT NOTES I fixed some minor grammar errors and as of 2017 the war for the tower rages on. THE REASON Avabel has no story is because it is your own adventure.

Signed: Øvāń of STEAMGUNS Guild

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    This sounds interesting and promising. Avabel is a great game but really lacking in a storyline as many faced so other than going with guildmates for pvp/party/tower, there is pretty much nothing to do other than leveling up. Not all people do all of these things so their experiences on game differs.

Just a few questions: how long is this event going to go on for? And will it be like an everyday thing? (I sort of took it as yes from your post, but wanted to make sure). And has it already started? I'd definitely want to take part in this, it sounds amazing :)

3. ovan

ovan New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    The
    The Event is already taking place the more players who spread the Word and Explain it the more who participipate in it, This I guess you could say is a Spin-off event with elements borrowed from LOG Horizon, Final Fantasy XII, and The DynastyWarriors
    Warriors Orochi/Sengoku Basara Series as for the Duration at the Time this Will Continue for as long as The Administration Permits it and as long as there are at least 10 Guild from each Side Collaborating to bring this together so as to avoid Misunderstandings and Have it get too messy ans out of line. This is Our World The Creators of Avabel have left it mainly up to us the Players to decise what we want to do. The Game has a Player Driven Economy if you didn't already Notice it. Players right now are starting to get the Idea but we must have help in Establishing control during this Event. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  4. bomackin

bomackin Custom Title Here

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Creator classified as a healer 0.o

5. ovan

ovan New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    We need what we want to Call Two Round Tables each with Ten of the Best player Chosen Leaders for each side of the Towers and Floors. Players are free to still visit the other sides because the Main Floors are Neutral Grounds. The Place where Fighting and Disputed territory will be settled is in PVP/GVG Settings this Includes the Monster Challenges and Free For All Dungeons. There will be One Alliance For Each Ruler of the Towers if by Chance One Team Takes both Towers the Event Considers that Guild and it's Alliance as the New TYRANT Empire and so
    it's
    a Game of Thrones essentially where we each battle in our Specific Roles. I
    forgot to
    Mention that Creators/Acolytes are considered Non-Combatants for the Most part of The Campaign. Creators off the Fields are as Planned the Chefs/Merchants and Healers are still Healers.

6. ovan

ovan New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    Yes By Combat Standards the Creator can also Heal
    Players so by mere coincidence it is to be given a Healer role on the Battlegrounds

7. bomackin

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Creators are none combatants ._.
    I'm not a healer XD at level 60 my heal is 180...

Trapper gunner can heal as well... so is a ranger a healer?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  8. ovan

ovan New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    ovan
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOMELESS
    yes if a Trap Gunner Wants to work as a Healer they May, I'm not forcing anyone to do it, These are Merely the Roles provided in cass someone wishes to accept that role

9. bomackin

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    bomackn
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    lol :p good luck ^.^ looks like it could be fun

10. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I like this Idea, I'm all for it and Dot Hack G.U. is my favorite PS2 game.

11. Threnody

Threnody Homicidal Adventurer

Guild:
    NAZGUL
    woo I'm a footman!

12. Tourne

Tourne Lost Bard

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Tourne
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fabric
    My Avabel experience sure has story for ya'...

*Thwack*...
    AFK
    *Thwack, Thwack*
    AFK
    *Stall*
    AFK
    *Dung+half AFK Thwacking awesomeness*
    AFK
    *Stall*

I would write my Autobiography, but...I'm too busy being AFK at the moment.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    I'm very interested in this, being a doctor in The Reverian Forces.

I'm gonna check out Log Horizon too. It got me curious.

14. N1ck0

N1ck0 Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    N1ck0
    Level:
    Guild:
    UNIVERSAL
    I want to be a field strategist! Sounds fitting for me :p

• Like Like x 1
  15. guy

guy The Man With The Most Creative Username

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Reboot
    Level:
    So I'm gonna assume you were atleast a little inspired by Log Horizon and I have to say this seems really cool. I'm still kinda confused on the rules of the a Event but maybe I just need to read it again also I'm curious is there level requirement to participate as a Crusader who is currently guildless this seems pretty fun.

16. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    This should be brought up xD it looks fun. Role playing can be fun in this game. Since most of us just solo or just be anti social. This way we can all get along. This will be a lot better than owning tower and just grind your butts off xD let's make a good community from now on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jerre

Jerre The bokeh mashta!!!

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    Fire support/Volley.... Reminds me of those security guards in Half-Life that say "OK I'll cover you" then marches forward pulling a Leeroy Jenkins. LoL

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. KuchikiByakuya

KuchikiByakuya New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Ryosūke
    Level:
    Ill be a donkey

19. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Quite honestly I don't get this.
    I understand half Revere / half astoria, and that the goal is to take the tower....
    But isn't that a main Avabel goal anyways?
    I don't know I need further details.
    Because even if it sounds cool I don't really see anything out of the normal actually occurring. Guess I'll just reread it.

20. Jerre

Jerre The bokeh mashta!!!

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    iAmDead
    Level:
    IMHO I guess its to give the two bases something more meaningful, and a purpose, rather than just being starting platforms for the tower, and other basic functions. I've always thought the bases idea was half baked, and is only useful to avoid infini linking. I mean, if the infini-link issue is non-existent, what's the use of having those different bases, which essentially contain the same things, which only differ in interior design, and NPC placement.