1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Avabel Hall of Shame

Discussion in 'Player Feedback Rating' started by rudi, Sep 22, 2013.

1. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Might be relevant for this thread, but to prevent unnecessary scrolling, I hid it in a spoiler - some general information to protect you from scams:

• NEVER trade through mail. Use the trade option at the stall.
    • ALWAYS check a trade thoroughly before accepting.
    • PATIENCE. Don’t let yourself get baited because you want that item so bad. If you get scammed, you can lose millions worth of items or gold.
    • KNOWLEDGE. Know how trades work, because some scammers will ‘explain’ you how it works. “Wow what a nice guy, I didn’t know there were 4 steps to a trade.” No there’s not. If you have doubts, check the forums or ask some other people.
    • DOUBT MEANS NO. Got doubts on whether the person you’re trading with is legit? Call off the deal and try again some other time.
    • Don’t listen to reasons why you would have to send something upfront. Do straight up deals.
    • Check the Avabel Hall of Shame forum for known scammers. Run into more scammers? If you are 100% sure that you did, report them as well please. FYI: forgetting taxes is a common honest mistake, so don’t slander people’s name unless they thoroughly deserve it.
    • PREMIUM TICKETS are the most prone to scam, since they can’t be traded through the regular trade option, and thus can only be exchanged by mailing it. If you want to get your hands on a premium ticket, try to get your hands on 2 Weird Copper Coins (WCC) and synthesize the ticket from those; WCC can be traded.

Here are some tactics I have encountered with scamming:

• Setting up a deal where you have to send your item first. The scammer will run off with it as soon as you did.
    • Setting up a deal where the scammer asks for an item first as collateral, in case you would be a scammer. He then says he would send you his item, you send your item, and he would give the collateral back. Do NOT do collaterals; the scammer will simply run off with it.
    • Making agreements about selling an item to you through the trade option, and then putting up an item with a slightly different name. For example, I ran into a player called ohkgPY (congrats on being crucified in this guide) who baited me with a very low price for sharp crystals. When I checked the trade, I noticed he put up sharp crystal pieces instead (which are worth 20% of a crystal). In his case, it wasn’t an honest mistake.
    • Tricking you into thinking a deal has more steps, or any other nonsense to take advantage of you.

2. Floyd99

Floyd99 New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Floyd99
    Level:
    update: i managed to infiltrate their guild and talk to the leader. he was very apologetic and said he would try to help gt my $ back. not sure i believe him, but im hopin for the best. will update again later.

3. Floyd99

Floyd99 New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Floyd99
    Level:
    yep, it was the premium ticket lol. he only wanted 4mil which is a steal. i let my eagerness get the better of me. i will def know better next time!

4. solv3nt

solv3nt Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    ladymuc
    Level:
    Guild:
    reddragon
    If its to good to be true it usually is

5. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Yet another scammer.
    IGN: Laya123
    Guild: constantly hopping guilds
    This scammer tries the usual: convince you to pay first, and even for an item she doesn't have. Lame excuses as to why she can't show the avatar ("I can't access my storage "). Already a pretty well known scammer on ch2. Spread the word.

6. mienchise

mienchise Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Yazam
    Level:
    Guild:
    ARKANGELZ
    IGN: Terowin
    Guild: Changes often
    Class: GL
    Channel: 1

Wearing a black gothic set and carrying a black gunner blade.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  7. Jaya Marie Sarcia

Jaya Marie Sarcia New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    jhgkj
    Level:
    My name is M.O.V.E a screenshot of conversation where yuki really said to her friends and guildmates that she really scammed my 10M that i lend her, we've been playing for months together and shared stuffs (since we were acolytes) . So i entrusted her my gold and now she's running away. I WONT LET THIS HAPPEN TO OTHERS so please guys! Help me to ban this "Yuki / Yui / Yukio / LUNA" accounts. Same owner.
    Also, Stop saying that I'm an idiot for lending her that much gold. That's not the point here :) Thank you!

P.S. There's no screenshot taken when we were actually trading (because this is my first MMO and i didn't knew that this kind of stuffs could really happen in the game) so sorry but i will do my best to prove myself. ^_^

Attached Files:

8. Jaya Marie Sarcia

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    jhgkj
    Level:
    Another screenshot, i will do my best to get my gold back :( Please help me.
    IGN: M.O.V.E
    Class: Monk
    Guild: Former PRIORITY guild member, i left the guild myself and will be back. (I don't want them to be involved that's why)

Attached Files:

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Jaya Marie Sarcia

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    jhgkj
    Level:
    Now Yuki / Yui / Yuikio / LUNA is saying that their Leader of the guild (sir Dante) gave me an Item (but he didn't as shown in the picture he said he will give it to me within this week) . She wants to say that im Paid already but im not. This scammer is still walking freely :(

Attached Files:

10. mienchise

mienchise Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Yazam
    Level:
    Guild:
    ARKANGELZ
    Name: MIAMI
    Guild: not sure
    Channel: always at 1 around the stall

This player likes to ticket scam. Will claim to sell for 5M and will put an item telling you to buy it for 5M then will send a ticket. All lies don't trust this player.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jaya Marie Sarcia

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    jhgkj
    Level:
    I offered YUKI to pay my gold back so that, i wont report her anymore. BUT SHE STILL INSIST ON NOT PAYING BACK!
    She also said that I WILL GET NOTHING because GM's can't ban anyone in the game. Is it true??? PLEASE HELP! :'(

Attached Files:

12. Silverthorns

Silverthorns Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    ArtxXin
    Level:
    Guild:
    DarkBane
    If it's referring to Game Masters I'm pretty sure they have all the right to ban someone. Check out their 'Penalties Policy' on their official webpage. Banning someone from the game is a Level 5 kind of penalty so unless the person has interfered with the business of Avabel Team, they will not ban that person. In the case of Yuki, I don't think the GMs will ban her even if you report her. At most a Level 4 penalty, which is permanent chat restrictions and any of the below:
    ・Ban on the usage of trade and other related functions
    ・Ban the usage of chat functions
    ・Initializing part of the character data or more
    ・Initializing all characters and all data
    ・Forfeiture of owned items
    ・Forfeiture of virtual currencies
    -
    Credits to avabel online's official webpage ^^

13. Joseph

Joseph Line ID: get_murked Gold Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Murked
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    OK this is getting out of control from now on don't post here unless you have screen shot proof of the scamming going on any other posts will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

14. Slaysla

Slaysla New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    slaysla
    Level:
    i kinda hate people scammed but i been scammed by Luxies(JE !$HA) they gain my trust and started borrow my avatar and end up loosing Equites D she tries to lies that she dont have mail she lies that shes a beta tester,

Attached Files:

15. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    I would like to yellow flag this person as a potential scammer.
    IGN: Sygan'
    Class: Female/Gunslinger
    Guild: last was in Fairytail™ but jumps
    This person I've bought items for in the past (I'm nice to guild mates and do freebies)
    But anytime I've refused to buy or refuse business he/she immediately ejects me from party. Today they asked me to sell a prem. avatar and give them the gold I refused twice and on second attemp they removed me from party. I cleaned up two SSs to provided proof as stated above. Also It hasn't been tampered w/ other than cropping out background and lining up our convo.

Deal w/ this person at own risk when it comes to ticket related business.

I thought this was abit shady image.jpg (feel free to remove this post if its unrelated or violates rules of this thread)

16. Duel Wielding Debuster

Duel Wielding Debuster Blader (rb:Bla,Sti,Cru,Pal,Gla,DKn,FBr,Sam)

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Kyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    LOVELESS
    A while back, I received 5 ccp from a guildmate. I asked, he mailed me them immediately, and then I replied "MWAHAHA, now I'll never pay you back!!!" to scare him and then "jk ;)". After that, I told him that he should be more careful with how and whom he makes deals with. His actions and his low level suggested that he was a new player. He told me that he played Avabel for only 4 days, and also I think he's new to the whole mmorpg thing. I even sent him a mail stating that I owed [ign of guildmate] 5 ccp or to pay him back in some other way; he called it a "receipt". I'm 50% happy and 50% scared to make deals with other players. Happy because they found me, an honest player. I don't mean to sound pretentious or anything but yeah, I'm one of the good guys here. Scared because what about about the person on the other side? Are they a respectable player, or are they just another scammer?

17. Slaysla

Slaysla New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    slaysla
    Level:
    potential liar leecher
    avabel name:J-o-s-h
    he joins my guild and keep asking for avatar or gold he add me for asking me avatar and gold than he also ask other members for gold
    he spend it and say some bug make the gold gone. he wasnt wearing an avatar when join but when he lied about gold lost hes wearing avatar.
    dont trust him (J-o-s-h)

18. Elucio

Elucio Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    this person was both annoying and extremely obvious to spot
    name:ZacknCindy
    so this girl came begging when i was at the stall a few months back,and asked for an avatar.Now,i try to help people,so i gave her my seconhand Pure E.
    The next day,she asked me to buy her a Full Cutlass.I of course disagreed and then she started begging like a BABY.She then started to spam me an when i ignored her,she started to threaten me.I dunno what she was trying to pull off here,so i cut off contact with her.
    REMEMBER

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. mcskipper

mcskipper New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    guys i would like u to know about this scammer guy name "dante# lvl 92 gl" if u dont want to be scam then take note this name =_=

20. Slaysla

Slaysla New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    slaysla
    Level:
    when i borrow him my avatar and he return to me
    and he lied about me scamming him
    dont trust Gamersp

Attached Files: