1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Astra/Rune/Mevius differences?

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by Crim, May 8, 2018.

1. Crim

Crim New Member

In Game Name:
    Crim
    New player here and just started two days ago. Alot of the info I've been able to look up for this game is outdated or doesn't exists so there's alot that I want/need to know about. If someone could just point me in the right direction...

Anyways, topic at hand, what are the differences between these premium weapons? Are they worth spending on/ really good endgame gear? Do you need them to be competitive? (big point for me) How do you even get good gears in this game without spending money?

Sorry for all the questions.. but would really appreciate the help

2. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    I'll leave the difference to other people, as I'm familiar with only the terms, but not to the details of each of them.

As for getting good gears without spending reallife money, you can nowadays, as we're getting way more gems now compared to back in the days.
    These can be obtains by just logging in (as part of the secondary Login Bonuses). That aside, they also have put other means on getting more gems, like more periods of times of certain events where we can get gems (we have had a few in the past months; and we might get others in future too).

http://avabelforums.com/threads/new-secondary-login-bonus-rewards.10278/
    hmm.. this reminds me, I'll need to update one thing about what happens after you've logged in for 360 days. x'D

• Like Like x 1
  3. halowes

halowes New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    halowes
    Level:
    TO BE HONEST, IF YOU WANT STAY COMPETITVE, ITS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY.
    And yes, you need at least mevius weapon just to get close with most player.
    As for the difference:
    rune - give extra stat / normal def/atk
    astra - highest hp / normal def/atk
    mevius - highest stat in atk and def plus armor add extra def/mdef (lv 180 mev armor add extra 900 def/mdef ) depends on the armor type.
    hp is good against the critical, where def is good against the damage without critical; with so many players using full dex stat distribution, astra (hp) give you a better survive chances when pk with player ( if the astra you use is not lv 80-100, its not even comparable with mevius gear, at least i think so). But if you just want to farming in floors, for example fl 42, mevius is better.
    Most player that i meet kept rune gear in crystal case (None of the player i had meet say rune >mevius...).

Mevius is the best weapon available in this game.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Crim

Crim New Member

In Game Name:
    Crim
    thanks for the replies. I wanna do mainly pvp so... judging by halowes post, its best to get astra armors and mevius weapons.
    Also, I've been logging in and getting a free roll for gift boxes, but I haven't seen those secondary login bonuses yet, how do I access them?
    Anybody experienced with pvp? I wanna be a stinger and don't know if I should go two h spear or one hand spear and shield.

Sorry for so many questions. Its really just hard to find updated info for these things.

5. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Secondary Login Bonuses are those 30 items in 12 pages "bingo" ish cards. You should get one right after you get the weekly ones.
    Before you got them right popped up at the front when you log in, but now you'll nee to tap the yellow circle thing to get both Login rewards.

6. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    There's actually a little more to it than that. I saw a Japanese YouTube video of an extremely op player doing damage comparisons, and assuming enhanced/orbed/awakened, the strongest combination is Astra in your right hand and Mevius in your left. This is because of element bonuses: Having a weapon with an element that matches your skill gives you a damage bonus, and elemental attacks are slightly stronger against non-elemental enemies than non-elemental attacks. Why this matters is because Shining stones levels 6 & up can only be used with fixed-element gear, such as Astra. Using a shining stone 10 on your right hand's Astra and a 5 on your left hand's Mevius has the most damage potential. Note that which hand has which hand matters; as your right hand weapon contributes more towards elemental damage.

Also, a little correction on the equipment stats: Rune equipment has a little random variance, but is generally higher-spec than normal gear. Furthermore, Runic armor has the largest SP bonuses. Astra equipment has even higher specs for ATK/DEF, but enhance exp slowly decreases on battle maps. It really is slowly, but you can't forget to go back and re-enhance every once in a while.

P.S. It is possible to be competitive without spending money, but you'll have to spend a LOT more time. Grinding, MB questing, ORB farming, using alts to get the most out of the weekday dungeons, and getting 100k defeat points every day for at least one character is the bare minimum.

7. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    I have to disagree on the "Impossible" part now since times have significantly changed. There are free gems for players who have unlocked max boost which is HIGHLY recommended to get to because gems allow free to play players to "somewhat" compete in those who have pay to play. Hypothetically all players have access to everything the shop offers, its just that some people get it slower than others.

As for the differences in between armors, I agree with the posts above, but i will add additional details about each one.

Runes
    Rune armor gives extra stats depending on what type of gear it is. I'm not sure if its completely random when you receive it or the types gives specific types of stats which is highlighted in YELLOW. To obtain these stats, you will need to put it into the crystallize case. Depending on the stars of the rune you will get a percentage of that stat. Max slots for crystallize case is 100 and you can obtain them through achievements for killing X amount of monsters. Only goes up to 13*

Astra
    Astra armor gives you more def and mdef compared to rune, BUT it also gives very HIGH amounts of HP and additional SP which makes it better than runes in term of armor. There is a case for it Astra armor called element case which is similar to crysta case except that max slot is 50. Putting astra armor in this case will make you resistant to certain elements depending on what you place in the case. Only goes to 11*

Mevius
    I can't say much for armor (Unlucky in getting one). Weapon, on the other hand, is SUPER powerful. An unenhanced Mev weapon is stronger than fully enhanced Astra weapon. Mevius is split up into level brackets of 20 (120, 140, 160, 180, and 200). Goes up to 15*. Enough said.

8. Taizai

Taizai New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Taizai/Nymph
    Guild:
    BlueMoon
    I currently have mevius weapon on and genma rune shield, astra head and mevius top and bottom.
    i was wondering if making my full armor as astra (astra set) and leaving my weapon only as mevius, would be a wise / good idea?

9. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    Do keep in mind that Astra armor is elemental, which means that it gives you an elemental weakness. 40% damage boost can hurt a lot, and if your opponent is using a shining stone...

10. Crim

Crim New Member

In Game Name:
    Crim
    So i just got a full set of Astra and a mevius spear. Problem is they're not the best of stars and level. My weapon especially is a 11 star 160 mevius. Is it better to reroll or is it easier to just keep working on the weapon by upgrading it?

Could someone tell me how to efficiently grind a weapon? Like what weekday dungeons should I do and what should I grind and farm to max it out. Honestly I already spent money on this weapon so... I probably should just keep working on it imp.

11. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    Sunday dungeon provides arms enhance materials. You can evolve 160s, since they can be purchased in the advanced arms shop for copious amounts of gold.

12. Crim

Crim New Member

In Game Name:
    Crim
    Thanks for answering my questions so far everyone.

As I finally got my mevius to 110, I realized that I needed another mevius weapon to upgrade it, which really sucks. Although, I'm a little worried since my weapon isn't level 200. If I read right (after searching and reading Alephs equipment guide on the forums), the weapons stars and level limit should get higher with each evolution right? I'm worried upgrading this weapon cause I don't really wanna spend all my resources and time to upgrade this just to find out the level limit becomes a power limiter for it. I also don't want to spinning to get a 200 level mevius just to max out stats. Looking at the list, the mevius weapons with a bigger level limit, comparing 11s to 11s, (160 11s to 200 11s) they have massive differences in attack. If the stars and the level limit upgrades with each each evolution, I wonder if there's any merit to upgrading mevius weapons... like say a bit more attack or something. Anyone know?

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  13. imagelesskink

imagelesskink New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    imgless
    Level:
    Guild:
    cantdisplay
    Evolving doesn't increase the required equip level, that's expert evolution. Mevius can't be expert evolved past 160, but like I said, getting to floor 42 and spending outrageous amounts of gold can get you a 13-star Mevius 160, to use for evolving. Of course, you could get a bunch of the significantly cheaper 10-star version, but that means that you're fully enhancing 8 10-stars, 4 11-stars, and 2 12-stars to get your 13-star. Even with lots of Stones of Recollection, that's going to take ages, but if you're not getting 100k defeat points each day and selling your RE orbs you're not going to get a hold of the 463 million or so for the 13-star.

14. Crim

Crim New Member

In Game Name:
    Crim
    That makes me feel like i should save up the gems I get or get my wallet and just try to reroll for a lvl 200 mevius..

15. Yami renshell

Yami renshell New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Yami
    Level:
    There is a rift stone event out that guarantees 160 rift stones, I've gotten 240 rift stones and the infinite rift stones on my first rolls sometimes after just one.