1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Are the forums dead?

Discussion in 'Avabel General Discussions' started by MrGlitch, Dec 5, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

1. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    I've been gathering alot of notes on the new system and some semi-decent guide development in that process.

Has the forums died tho? I don't see anyone from my time active by far,but that was expected.
    How can we revive the forums is our moderators can't help place posts where they go?
    I'm getting the feeling even if I were to post some things that they would go unnoticed and to put it simple,kill the forums more. I want to be of some help,but I'm not sure how to go about it. I've only recently returned and I know I have no right to just jump the gun,but could it be possible another forum site exists to convert some info to?
    I know discords exists,but I find them troubling to nagivate on.

2. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Nah, you’re pretty much spot on. A lot of players (especially older ones) stopped playing Avabel which is one reason Forum died. Another one I would assume is that people don’t even know about the forum. Part of the people that know about it, either says it’s not “clear” to find information and/or says it’s outdated (while some of the info are indeed old but still legit.
    One other point is also.... in general, less players are playing Avabel nowadays in comparison to in its golden age.
    We’ve been in this semi-dead/active forum state for a few years by now with only a selected very few members being active ^^” At this moment I’d say that the Forum chat is the most active place, bot spams excluded.

I’d like to know myself how to revive this, but not even know if it’s do-able at this point :thinking:
    Also... at this point of the state of Forum.... I’m about the only member with some kind of “power” left, although not enough to get us a new section for Revenger and Summoner sadly D=

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    I see. When I use Google for any information hunting,it sends me here 80% of the time even if it is a mislead by a post. So I imagine the reason most stray is because of such. When you see "Oct. 13,2015" as the latest post on a subject,new players are thwarted pretty easily.
    I wish I knew where Joseph lived,I'd drive up there and see if he could help out. Last I heard he lived in the same state,so he couldn't be more then a few hours away if not closer by now.

I won't lie,the older state of avabel was more chaotic, challenging and of all,fun. With the stall removed I imagine the G hunters all bailed out near instantly. I am currently enjoying this new state of avabel as a solo player,but it does have it's up and downs with multiple systems that seem to delay my progress with the game itself. I've just reached level 101 on my main and mastered 5 advance classes in that time. That's like a years work from our time in a manner of days. It's came down to gear being my main issue,but the grind for money isn't near as bad as it once was.

I'm going to post my guides as I go and hopefully we can get some of the new Intel out to viewers who end up seeing the forums. Hopefully we can get in contact with someone who can alter the state of the forums. I don't remember much from my college days on web design sadly,but I'll discuss it with my in-laws and see if we can get another forum up and running while transferring the more accurate information over to it. This game brought me and my wife closer,we finally have time to play again and I don't plan on leaving unless my phone becomes a paperweight again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    New guides are definitely welcomed im in the writing phase for revenger ex and been debating on updating via neceo post on some of the guides just to help prevent the diterant (?) You mentioned.

5. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    :sorry:
    Rayleigh and I already tried getting in contact with Vash AND the Xenoforo staff; but Vash only came back once without saying and doing anything, and went off directly...
    Xenoforo said that the person with administrator power must give the power to someone else in order for us to get the Forum a new section; which comes back on contacting Vash. :-/

Also, regarding Joseph, he's in terms of Forum status, a normal member now, since the old 3 mods (Leo, Joseph, Marco) all stopped playing and were less active on Forum too. All three of them resigned being mod, with Rayleigh succeeding them. I joined later after both Vash and Rayleigh persuaded me on becoming a mod to not keep all its work on one person at the time.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 8:55 PM
  6. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    @SILVERMOON
    I'm actually working on a more detailed guide then just skills and skill trees. I have yet to get to any awakened classes and have been debating dropping my ranger since the bow classes all seem to be cqc related. I prefer my fists to be that close,not my rangers. My main is of the acolyte tree and I have several build along with floors to help people reach 100 the quickest and more efficient method,however 100 is a bit of a joke when worn with 2 300% rings and can be done overnight. My builds would be a suggestion if anything,but there's alot to miss early on such as what gears do what and what quests are worth the time. I have no guide on the dungeons,as a solo player who doesn't set a skill as my primary attack can make such difficult until well geared up.
    @Taibasa
    I was around when Joseph resigned,however he was (if I recall half of what I remember) a founder of the forums in general. It sucks that system is in place,all it takes is the lead moderator to vanish to kill a entire site that in the end can still benefit new & experienced players.

Off topic here,but why did archers get such close range skills? I know with the whole RE system the skills can be used by any weapon,but still makes no sense for me to go up and kick someone when the point is to keep away.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    well...they did it on purpose I think. Because of the controversy of e.g. Mage's Soul Blader using int&str, or Acolyte's Monk etc. using str or Warrior's Paladin using int. Otherwise, I really don't know until Asobimo will lay the answer for us. :sorry:

8. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    I see the point behind that,but an archer is a mid-long range class specifically. I've played many games before avabel where mages at times were better tanks then the actual tanks. I just started calling them tempest knights,magic bases warriors who usually have their own self supported system. XD
    Oh well,if I come up with anything on how to resolves our semi-dead forum state I'll inform everyone to see if it's a "go-worthy" idea. My brother in-law should be down tomorrow and he's actually in college for this kinda stuff,so he may do it just to have a project of his own. Transferring the data may be up to us tho.

9. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Well... if there’s anything...... I’ve been thinking on reviewing old threads and see if There’s any worth info on it. If not then I might delete the thread (or something else if someone comes up with a better idea). If an old thread has some value in it, but with no new additions, I might close it to it won’t get those weird revives. But this will take some amount of time to do ^^”

Getting a seperate new thread of useful threadlinks (to be blunt, the idea is partly taken from Toram’s Forum) is also quite handy so people can use that without worrying about an thread being old (because the new thread with those links is reviewed).

Although it might or might not be directly involved in the activity of the Forum; it IS some “appeal” of the forum that preventing new Forum members or potential members on using the Forum because of the “chaos” ^^”
    But in the end this is only just a small part of the whole inactivity [Also.... I’ve been saying that “chaos” threads here and there for a few years too myself.... but I keep on not having real time on proceeding nor enough people actually helping too :x ]
    *missing Spoiler text: I’ll just put it in spoiler anyways

10. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    I haven't seen Torams forums,in all honesty I played toram for a while before returning here. I found it a bit tedious to deal with in comparison. Avabel may be a grind like toram,but at least my avatars don't look 12.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    I just couldn't keep up with their updates.... ^^" Played most right after their ßeta test. Kind of made my name on the forum by my material list and then couldn't keep up and didn't continue....
    In terms of game play I still like Avabel more over Toram though. x'D

12. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    Can't blame you there. I was a beta tester for most of absombios games up until Alchemia story. That game is pure pay to win tho. Drives me nuts that it is since they use a familiar system from another game. I had a berzerker style dual weilder. It was great but the evasion even when buffed sucked so bad in that game. I like to use Dex style characters in all games,even when Dex was still a hidden attribute in avabel. XD
    Hopefully I can jump on a computer soon and continue my guideline. I wrote that pretty late and it's a mess,but still a start.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    I did notice a hidden credits in a certain game that wasn't mentioned on their title screen but it was in the in-game credits page....but apparently SAOIF (Sword Art Online Integral Factor)'s system is developed my Asobimo x'D I was really both shocked and convinced because the system is somewhat similar to Avabel. x'D It's just a little bit different and based on SAO. =3=)a
    It is however for me also quite a nice game :3 It's just the Gacha is "less spamable" than Bamco's other SAO game which is a downfall for me xD
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    Oh wow. That's pretty awesome. I quit the game.e due to it's gacha system. I didn't get any bow skills and felt forced to place a style I didn't prefer. I did get to level 60+ before resigning there. I should have came back to avabel sooner,but for a moment it kept saying "update application" and wouldn't let me progress from that. Was a fun game,loved the series and enjoyed the story. I usually end up a solo player in any game however,I don't intend on doing so it's just that most communities don't want an old man in their guild/clan/squads.

15. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    lol I kept on 1H sword xd I do have 2 Bow 4* upgradable to 5* though... Got them even before I got my 4* →5* 1H Swords xD
    Well one part why I also keep playing is because of SAO and it's floor story. I was really shocked and delighted to see the SAO: Progressive Manga story being used in-game x'D
    But the Gacha in SAOIF is indeed a lot per 11x pull.... :-/ In comparison to SAO MD, MD has a better gacha in my eyes xd

Lol in terms of Guilds my Guild on Avabel is as dead as that, while I still have contact with my Guild members. In another MMO the same case. x'D But that MMO dug its own grave by not updating content, and only adding and merging servers which is pointless.
    I'm also not really joining any other guilds on Avabel, since I'm not really that consistent active x'D And I did spend quite some GP into raising the GP amount too... don't want to put those effort in vain haha x'D

PSO2 is about the only game where I'm actually in an rather active "Guild"(called Team) :O

16. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    I'm quite envious of you being able to play PSO2. I grew up on Episode 1 & 2 on the Dreamcast and GameCube variants. I actually still have the GameCube version just because I enjoyed the grind and side quests. I'm assuming that's Phantasy Star Online tho,I could be wrong.

Further off topic,I saw a character in game using one of the designs for when you first pick a class. Do you know how to obtain that avatar? I'll try to add a pic Bellow of it

Attached Files:

17. Taibasa Tsuyou

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    Yups. Phantasy Star Online 2 yes. xd You can only play on Japanese servers though, but there's a program people have made that automatically translates the most into English (PC-only though). :3

hmp...I don't really know about that. In fact, I didn't even know we have new base avatars?! :O?! Or else it's just an Avatar in-game that's thus that... but then again, I don't really know at this point. :thinking:
    Maybe if I dig in some research, or if someone else beat me to the answer. x'D

18. SILVERMOON

SILVERMOON The Bloody Spear

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Argent
    Level:
    Guild:
    WyrmSlayer
    They were obtainable awhile back in the gem shop up to wanna say 3rd or 4th adv class i still have my spiker suit. I havent seen them cycle back through though. Wish they would

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. MrGlitch

MrGlitch Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MrCid™/Cidicul
    Level:
    Yeah they look awesome. I don't see why you can't get the avatar at the class selection. It would make more sense overall. I have the worst luck when it comes to the gacha systems,so my chances for anything is assumed at 0.1% at anything I want. XD

@Taibasa
    Silver beat ya to it. It's all good tho,I'm actually doing quests on my new ranger since it's not a afk type class. Can't believe they still haven't fixed the point blank ranged attack for just a regular attack. That's been reported since 2013.

• Like Like x 1