1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Archive - Old Guild special events

Discussion in 'Infamous, Rage Quit & REDEMPTION' started by GJO, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GJO

GJO Doesn't Hassle the Hoff

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Explanation of Guild Point farm events

Overview

During the Guild Point farm events it’s up to the participants to farm as much GP as they can. A starting date and time will be given, as well as an ending time. For example:

Event duration: 15th of September 2014 0:01 GMT- 21st of September 2014 23:59 GMT.

(for your information: GMT is the time zone the game uses to start the new day. At 0:00 GMT the new day begins.)

Keeping tabs on your progress

Send the items that are meant for GP to your GM. He will keep tabs on your score. (Credits go to @Xiansai for this suggestion, making sure the event is played fair and square).

Giving everyone equal chances to win

Now if we simply said that the person who farms the most GP wins, the high level players would win it. That’s no fun for the players who have a lower level. That’s why I have come up with a score system that counts your GP per average level.

So what does this mean? Well, I divide your total GP by your level, and that will be your score. To make sure you don’t profit too much if you go up 10 levels during the event, I’ll make use of the scores during both the beginning and the end of the event.

(For you math heads - not to be confused with meth heads –here’s the formula:

Average GP per level = Total GP/((beginning level+ending level)/2)

The prizes
    There will be two prize categories:

1. The grand prize - The winner of the Guild Point farm event will walk away with a grand prize.
    2. The lottery prize – Each contestant who gets together at least a given amount of GP, will be part of a lottery. So everyone who tries, has a chance to win at least something.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    In this document, you can find an example of what the GP farm event will look like:

Attached Files:

3. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Explanation boss hunt events

Dear members,

We are launching guild boss events. During this event, you will need to find a boss (one of our members) and try to kill it. That means when you find them, you can challenge them for PvP in Unlimited Fields. You can try as many times as you like, so if you are low level; just keep charging your opponent each time you die and eventually he/she will fall as well. These events are intended for everyone, so don't be taken aback by the level of the bosses.

Overview: what you have to do and what you can expect.
    We have a total of 5 events planned. During each of these events you have to track down the boss and challenge him/her to a fight. The opponents you have to fight will increase in difficulty (think PvP skill, level, equipped gear). The grand prize will increase accordingly. The first round is the simplest and can be done by most (if not all) of the players. Each event will last a week, so people in different time zones get the oppurtunity to compete, and gear up/level up if they come up short.
    As said before; the difficulty will increase, so people who like a PvP challenge will have something to look forward to!

Rules

Requirements for challenging a boss
    • There is no level cap. Each player can compete, regardless of level or class.
    • Players must find the boss to be allowed to challenge him/her. This means you have to actually see him/her. Because what hunt would it be without a bit of mantracking? ;)
    Note: bosses can be on any channel and in any area. You can't expect them to sit still for a week now can you?
    • Before the actual fight begins, the boss and the competitor will join up in a party. This way you can have a general idea of each other's HP, and ensure that people aren't potting.
    • The fight will take place in unlimited field, which can be found by entering the Arena.
    Competitors
    1. Competitors are not allowed to use HP recovery and/or SP recovery items (aka potting).** Out of HP/SP? Too bad, keep trying.
    2. Competitors have 'infinite lives.' So did you get killed? Respawn ASAP and get back in there!
    3. "Reset me" is forbidden. You fight to the grave, and bosses will not reward careless SP consumption. Surviving as many tries as possible is the challenge for the boss too, so keep it fun for them :)
    Bosses
    1. Bosses are not allowed to use HP recover and/or SP recovery items.**
    2. Players who have been/will be bosses, are allowed to hunt other bosses.

The grand prize
    No matter how much I'd like to award everyone a grand prize, I had to choose between giving everyone small prizes or one grand prize. This is the result.

When you succeed you to kill the boss you will gain a LOTTERY TICKET*. At the end of the event, the lottery will be held and you might win the grand prize. Each player may use up to 2 alts to compete, which means double chances to win!

*Note: the LOTTERY TICKET isn't an actual item. I will make a list of all the players who have succeeded to kill the boss, give them each a number, and let a random number generator do the honors at the end of the event :D

** Note: Skills that heal HP/SP ARE allowed. First aid, or skills that acolytes and creators have for example :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  4. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Boss event 1

Boss name: Greed-o
    Aliases: Cheap-o, Sitting Duck, Charming, Greedykins, Greedy, Son, [CENSORED], Hubby.
    Level: 72
    Class: Lost Speller

greed screenshot.png
    Strengths:
    • Making money
    • Explaining things
    • Singing in Revere
    • Prostituting himself in Revere

Weaknesses:
    • Scent of money
    • Cute kitties, pandas and bunnies
    • PvP
    • Less than worthless build

Boss description:
    The first boss in the series of boss hunts will be Greed-o. While this fiend lacks self-respect, as well as any skill in PvP, he is quite proficient at making gold. Expect a moderately well-equipped opponent, who stands still for about a second every time he tries to attack you. His fighting style has been described as “Cowardly” or “NOOB” by many an opponent*, as Greed-o tends to run away and dodge roll a LOT.

Greed-o can be caught off-guard when distracted by his cats, references to Final Fantasy or bargains and sweet deals.

*”many an opponent” refers to maybe 4 players, as Greed-o mostly daren’t set foot in Pvp areas.

Requirements to challenge:
    Players have from Tuesday the 23rd of September, 0:01 (GMT) to Tuesday the 30th, 0:01 (GMT) to find Greed-o. Only upon finding him is the player allowed to challenge Greed-o. To challenge him, the player needs to challenge Greed-o to a battle with the password: A wild Greed appeared!

GRAND PRIZE/BOUNTY:
    250.000 golds

• Like Like x 1
  5. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Xiansai was the first to find me! He managed to beat me as well, so that lands him the first lottery ticket. From now on, this list will be updated each time someone beats me...

1. Xiansai
    2. Luci
    3. Bleed
    4. Gurgur2
    5. MiYaLi
    6. JJgosh
    7. Danelis
    8. AizaAda

Screenshot_2014-09-24-02-35-16.png
    Players who are in this list have found me and defeated me, and thus have a chance to win that 250.000 gold!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  6. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Since this is the first time doing such an event, I need to anticipate on things I hadn't thought about, or things that are unclear. I'll edit the post with the explanation, but here is also a rundown of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and situations.
    FAQs
    - I'm a healer, am I allowed to use healing skills? Since it says no HP/SP potting.

You are allowed to use any skill. That means First Aid, or any heal skill you have. You just aren't allowed to use recovery items :)
    "Reset me." (This is asking to be killed because you ran out of SP, and thus can't use skills anymore).
    Nope, no resetting. If you run out of SP, the boss has the opportunity to regenerate HP/SP by running away from you. Be more careful with your SP consumption... And get your eyes checked, you miss too much ;)

I will be a boss myself, am I allowed to participate in the other rounds?
    Yep. If you aren't the boss yourself, grab your bait and your rifle. The hunt is open to anyone.

I have endless lives? What's the point then, anyone can kill the boss that way.
    This event is intended to promote PvP among players. And I like to reward players for skill and/or persistence. It'd be a shame if low level players don't stand a chance to win. Whether you wipe the floor with the boss in your first try, or need 20 lives to kill him/her - you deserve a chance at that reward.

Isn't this event a bit too easy for experienced PvP players?
    Nope. The rounds will increase in difficulty. That means bosses with more PvP skill, better gear and higher levels.

AWESOME, can I be a boss too?:D
    This first event consists of five rounds, and the bosses have already been selected to ensure the difficulty level will increase gradually.
    Be sure to let me know if you want to be a boss though; we'll repeat the event, and it could be your turn to be a boss :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    In 4,5 hours from now, the first round of the boss hunting events will come to an end. The next round will immediately start, so without further ado, I bring to you...

Boss event 2

Boss name: anegvel
    Aliases: aneg, ranegvela, sister, pops, dad, daddy-o
    Level: 62
    Class: any advanced mage class
    Screenshot_2014-09-11-09-21-54.png Strengths:
    - Experience and extensive in-depth knowledge
    - Explaining things
    - PvP
    - Telling annoying people off
    - Summoning chainsaws, Godzilla, rocket launchers
    - Swallowing Godzilla and other summoned mythical creatures
    - Multiple classes at his disposal

Weaknesses:
    - Cute shoes
    - Shiny things

Boss description:
    The first boss in the series of boss hunts will anegvel. This boss proves that level doesn’t mean everything; anegvel has a better build AND better gear than the first boss, so be prepared to step it up a notch. anegvel is also an experienced PvP fighter, so do not underestimate him. anegvel also has multiple advanced classes at his diposal, so be prepared for anything. Due to censorship, descriptions by other players will not be shared.

Tip: Under NO circumstances whatsoever, give anegvel nicknames such as ‘Sha Nay Nay’ or ‘Laquisha.’ It puts him in a state of rage where he summons his chainsaws, and he will surely follow that up with the beatdown of (the short time that is left of) your life.

Requirements to challenge:
    Players have from Tuesday the 30th of September, 0:01 (GMT)to Tuesday the 7th of October, 23;59 (GMT) theto find anegvel. Only then is the player allowed to challenge anegvel.

GRAND PRIZE/BOUNTY:
    450.000 golds

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  8. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Winner of the first round of the boss hunt events

The lottery has just been held... *drumrolls*
    Screenshot_2014-09-30-02-03-27.png

That means @JJgosh is the winner of the first round, and he will be awarded the 250.000 gold grand prize!
    Everyone else, thank you for playing, and keep trying your luck with the next bosses :D

9. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    The results of the second round are in!
    • Winner of the 450k bounty: @Xiansai
    • Winner of the 40 crystals: @Ada (full credits go to @Anegvel for awarding this prize.
    We will now have a short break from the boss event. There are multiple reasons for this:
    1. The upcoming boss will be busy the coming week, so to give you all a chance at finding him/her, a break is for the best.
    2. I need some extra time to accumulate gold. Awarding prizes is expensive :p
    3. I need to review the Boss Hunting Event as it is now. It's rough around the edges and it needs to be improved, so everyone can enjoy it more :)

10. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Okay so I need some feedback from you all. Could you answer a few questions for me?
    1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you like the event in general? (1=I hate it, 10= I love it). Explain your score.
    2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you like the part where you have to find the boss? Explain your score.
    3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you like the part where you have to fight the boss? Explain your score.
    4. Do you think a week is long enough for one round? Please explain your answer.
    5. Are all the rules clear to you? If not; which questions do you have?
    6. Are there rules you'd like to add/remove to improve the event?
    7. If you have any other suggestions or questions, please add them!

11. Xiansai

Xiansai Information Host

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    XI
    Level:
    1. 9 Reason: I love the event, but I find gathering stuff is more fun for some strange reason.
    2. 10 Reason: I find that finding bosses to be more fun than actual pvp them. XD
    3. 7 Reason: A boss should have more than one life in my opinion to make it more bossy in a sense. Yet again there will need to be balancing issues with lower levels against high levels.
    4. Yes because people may have other rl stuff to do. A week includes the weekend so it gives em plenty of time to go spend maybe 20 minutes or less finding boss.
    5. Yes. All rules are clear as purified water
    6. If boss manages to survive the entire week long. (It's possible and bound to happen) I say the boss gets the prize for the event.
    7. All I can say is... this has been SO much fun. Best experience I ever had in Avabel!

12. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    Hey everyone!
    I intend to launch a PvP tournament. For this to succeed, we need a whopping 32 players from our guilds to compete! You are only allowed to use one account to compete.

The tournament consists of a group stage. :
    Screenshot_2014-10-10-16-35-39.png
    Each match in this stage will be played till a total of 6 kills is reached.
    The contestants will be split into four ranks, determined by level. Each group will get a contestant, randomly assigned, from each of these ranks:
    • Tier 1: #1-#8 by level
    • Tier 2: #9-#16 by level
    • Tier 3: #17-#24 by level
    • Tier 4: #25-#32 by level
    After this the #1 and #2 of each group will go through to the knockout stage of the Champions League. The #3 and #4 of each group will try their luck in a lower tier knockout; the UEFA Cup, which has a similar layout.
    Screenshot_2014-10-10-16-35-44.png
    The matchups in the knockout phase will be randomized. Each match will be a best of 7; the first to reach 4 kills wins.

The winner of the Champions League will be the 'cup holder:' he/she will get a golden star accessory avatar. The 'cup holder' of the UEFA Cup will receive a bronzen star accessory avatar.
    Screenshot_2014-10-10-16-38-59.png Screenshot_2014-10-10-16-39-37.png
    When the tournament is played again, and the reigning champion does not win, he/she must turn over the avatar to the new champion.
    Winning the Champions League or UEFA Cup three times in a row gives you a shiny version of the respective avatar, which is yours to keep.
    Additional prizes are to be determined.

So to win the Champions League:
    1. Become #1 or #2 after 3 matches of 'best of 6 kills' in the group stage.
    2. Win the 1/8 finals in a 'best of 7 kills' to advance.
    3. Win the quarter finals in a 'best of 7 kills' to advance.
    4. Win the semi-finals in a 'best of 7' to advance.
    5. Win the finals in a 'best of 9 kills' to be crowned champion.
    Same system applies to the UEFA Cup, wherein the #3 and #4 of each group will compete.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  13. GJO

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Inactive
    Level:
    This is a thread where guild events that we have organized, or had planned, are stored. They might be reused if there are people interested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Soul Knights II

Soul Knights II Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    S.K.II
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rage_Quit
    Our coming event is FLOOR DOMINATION! Details will be as follows ::
    Date :: 27 September 2015
    Time :: 09.00am GMT - 10.00am GMT
    Place :: 6F ch8 with the sharky o.o
    Any rewards?
    Yes it might sound pointless to farm for a long period of time up there,especially for high levels. So..we have rewards! What are they?

First prize ::2m GOLD
    Second prize :: 1.15m GOLD
    Third prize :: 850k GOLD
    Entry reward(Only for 4# and below) :: 50k GOLD PER PLAYER!

Now there's a question,how do we determine the winners?
    It'll be a mission to collect as much GP as possible. Wait..it'll be unfair for high levels! So there will be a calculation for the total GP earned.
    (Final GP donated - Initial GP donated)/level=total amount of GP calculated.

What should we do by that time? Don't panic,follow the intructions here and you might be the winner!
    1. Gather at base (Gathering Nocturall ch8) to let your respective GMs get your attendance.
    2. When I say "EVENT START",participants can move to 6F ASAP and start killing! ;)
    3. Worried about the boss? Don't be afraid! We have high levels to deal with the cute little sharky so please stay away from the boss if you think you can't kill it ;)
    4. The killing period ends at 10.00am GMT. I'll tell ya all when to stop and members can proceed to donate your relics for GP,GM and sub GMs will take note of your GP earned,and calculations will be done.
    5. After we've done calculating,we'll announce the winners in the guild bulletin board while the others can proceed to get your entry rewards from our generous sponsor,Sparkl! Winners will deal with me to get your prize money ;)
    6. Event ends :)

RULES AND REGULATIONS :
    1. Usage of increasing drop rate items are ALLOWED. (E.g Lucky candies,Lucky Candy+,Green Foreign Paper etc)
    2. Stay at base before the event starts. "Early birds" who starts to kill before the event starts will be disqualified.
    3. If we receive any reports on members cheating during the event,you will be disqualified too.

Have fun and enjoy! :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Soul Knights II

Soul Knights II Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    S.K.II
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rage_Quit
    FLOOR DOMINATION ended successfully!
    The winners of floor domination at 6F ::

1st - Ramza (level 32) from Rage Quit
    2nd - Nigaroo (level 59) from Rage Quit
    3rd - Dya (level 54) from Rage Quit

Other participants ::
    4. Elsa14 (level 65) from REDEMPTION
    5. Aiden (level 65) from Rage Quit
    6. S.K.II (level 70) from Rage Quit
    7. Katsuo (level 72) from Rage Quit

Congratulations! All of your rewards will be given soon! (Whenever I meet any of you :b)

For the 1st,2nd and 3rd winners,your rewards will be given by Luci from Deadly sin at 2pm GMT in base (Gathering Nocturall ch8). Please be there to claim your rewards! ;)

*Entry rewards will be distributed by me in game :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  16. Soul Knights II

Soul Knights II Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    S.K.II
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rage_Quit
    So..another upcoming event is...
    MINI GP RUN!
    Date :: 4th December till 6th December
    Time :: Friday (GMT +2) till Sunday (GMT +2)
    PRIZE :: (What most of you guys wanted to read xD)
    1st place (Target :: 10k GP) :: 100k Gold
    2nd place (Target :: 5k GP) :: 75k Gold
    3rd place (Target :: 3k GP) :: 30k Gold
    Any inquiries please contact Ada, Axebird or me in game, you can look for us through LINE too! Join the fun while helping the guild to achieve our aim! :D
    LINE ID :: jiahao_98

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.