1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Anyone still alive around here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Ariarna, May 7, 2016.

1. Ariarna

Ariarna New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Shay
    Level:
    Guild:
    MOFO
    The forum isn't as active as it used to be. Whats going on peeps?:sorry:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. senji

senji New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    senji
    Level:
    Guild:
    Infamous
    I agree. Ive been playing avabel since like aug last year and when i look up info its all from like 2014 in here lol. Also ⭐Infamous⭐ is recruiting ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ariarna

Ariarna New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Shay
    Level:
    Guild:
    MOFO
    Yeah most of the info needs updating on here and most guilds on here are inactive now. Just made a new guild myself:D 'M O F O' is recruiting too :cool: lmao

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alwing

Alwing Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Al-wing
    Level:
    Many of the core players that contributed to the forums have quitted/ will quit/ are on a very log hiatus. To some, Avabel has lost it's appeal. Reasons vary for each player. As a result of a lack of a strong forum playerbase, mutliple problems have occured.

Current problems:

• Lack of theory testing
    • Lack of organized guild recruritment threads
    • Outdated info
    • Lack of forum mods- Poor @Taibasa Tsuyou & @Rayleigh
      [*]People who refuse to read info handed to them on a silver platter ugggh
    • A lack of enthusiasm for the game
    • Lack of creativity- this forum is probably the plainest I've ever seen

As for me, I've given up on Avabel due to a variety of reasons (I still do visit the game and forums from time to time). One of my main reasons is the community, both ig and on the forums. I could rant about this all day, but I'd prefer not to- I want to get to my point. Yes, the forums are dead, but it could easily be revived by a good community. Unfortunately, I don't think the current commnunity is at its best right now..

[insert shameless advertising]

╔══════════════════╗
    Want to revive the forums?

Be a mod! That banner has been there for months..
    Collect info! Do tests!
    Post your fanart/fancreations!
    YEAAAAAAAAHHH!!

╚══════════════════╝

[​IMG]

I went off topic.. this turned out longer than I thought it would... *slowly backs away*

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    Well spoken @Alwing , the lack of effort from a majorty of players here is a large turn off for a good many, including myself.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. senji

senji New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    senji
    Level:
    Guild:
    Infamous
    Kind of agree vut for me... Im a grinder all the way. I hate on people who pay to play cause thats how it gets ruined for pwople. They spemd real money to get badass real fast then its bo fun. I refuse to buy gems for anything and i am against it( unless it doesnt effect preformance like avatars and stuff like that im okay with) but ive been grinding to get even evo gangue so i can ublock my advanced classes like ignite and what not. So it stays fun cause its hard and time consuming to grind like that. Getting the medal of mastery? Just for one pack rix? Thats some real grinding right there. But i do understand thats how the game makes money also so that it can be a free game to pkay and i understand that. I do believe im just babbling now so ill stop ;)

7. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    The game itself is very fun. Just need some in game bonus and benefits suitable for grinding. Wait till my neck long already!

8. Serenity

Serenity Member

Class:
    Ranger
    The whole community is on the avabel facebook group thats why haha.

9. senji

senji New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    senji
    Level:
    Guild:
    Infamous
    I rarely am on fb. Too mich bs so i delted it for weeks and i used to be on it all day everyday and once i deleted it i totaly forgot it even exsisted. I like it better that way too. Its active now but i dont check it

10. Ariarna

Ariarna New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Shay
    Level:
    Guild:
    MOFO
    Well don't really know what to say after all that but yeah avabel lost its activeness after all the money hogging stuff tbh. You can't seem to do anything in the game unless you are throwing your weeks wage at them :rolleyes:. Yet you still can't bring yourself to fully quit haha or is that just me :oops: haha.

But yeah would be nice to get things up and running around here again there is soo much that needs to be updated from the game. I am still a newb when it comes to half the things on Avabel. :confused:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Xiansai

Xiansai Former Event Informer

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Xiansai
    Level:
    xD It is true. The only thing I ever do now is just log in to collect the daily bonus and log out. Hoping for that gangue piece in free spin x.x

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jan Tyruss

Jan Tyruss New Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    OnHitaus
    Level:
    Guild:
    OnHiatus
    well ava bcomes too P2W :3 the Promo made me really pissed its like i farmed for a month to get 8s then suddenly WHALES got 10s in instant like POOF! 10s xD well i guess im just a sore loser and a poor free player xD thats why im pissed about that stuffs

13. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    It's a circular answer.

(Person A) Forums aren't active enough to validate making a post. Can post anything you want of any importance level but no one will see it.

(Person B) Because of A there are no reasons for randoms to be on forums to validate person A making an informative post.

I still stand by my ever opposing view towards P2W. If that had truly killed avabel you'd no longer be around to say well... anything. Especially not to say P2W. Whether you're on Facebook or the forums or LINE or in-game, the fact that you're saying P2W anywhere in the avabel community means you're not done with avabel.

Avabel has a rather odd community; believe me I've tried all matters of free contests advertised to all groups.
    The average mind set of an avabel player is to gain levels/gear (which is of course linked to end game pvp) and then they don't pvp.
    If you have 7☆ that's enough with a full party to do all floors.... BUT everyone's always building past this... AND... NOT going into pvp.
    In comparison it's like playing a pokemon game and leveling your pokemon to 100, but never fighting the pokemon league.

The community has a selfish nature with parties and guilds.
    The community has a lazy nature of sitting in no rule without fighting or sitting in base instead of farming.
    The community has a skittish nature of building their characters on a pointless end that they don't partake in pvp even though they're average gear.

In totality this leaves you with game play of:

Grind floors->grind rush->grind f18->upgrade gear->grind f18->upgrade gear->grind f18->quit.

This toxic play style leaves you with little more than a social media app with RPG scenery you can sometimes whack a few times.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. senji

senji New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    senji
    Level:
    Guild:
    Infamous
    Sounds like you are 100% pvp lol. I dont pvp yet. Not strong enough.

15. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    @Zucrea is very heavy into pvp, as am i when i do play. You dont need to be strong in gear to be a force to be rekened with. Just go pratice, dont take a loss so personaly. Thier are always someone willing to tuter yea.

Btw, well said as always.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lrx

Lrx New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    I understand the point that a lot of players don't go PVP or quit playing after complaining P2W. Asobimo has been doing a lot updates to separate free players, paying players and heavy paying players (raising ATK/MATK of rune weapons, raising HP/SP Bonus of rune armors, updating crysta formula to get more out of it, raising crysta slots from 50 to 70). From Asobimos point it makes sense, because they want to cash out their successful game, but a lot of players give up if they realize that they can never reach the top in PvP without paying.

17. T0ni

T0ni Active Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Toni
    Level:
    Guild:
    LegendsBr
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Ironically a good example of the exact set up I said.
    This sets you up for failure.

I'll fight anyone for as many games as they want as just practice.

Well, I mean sure. Guess it's easy to ignore that one side of rune armor is substantially worse than normal armor. 300 def / 120 mdef isn't better than 236 def / 186 mdef.
    The only true as day p2w vs f2p advantage is crysta case.
    It can give a ton of stats but only if you spend a ton of money.
    Even if you have a godly crysta case you can still lose to someone whose around your gear average/has a good build/skilled.

To be honest I'm full 10s and a pretty decent crysta case. I have both a mdef and a def shield so I'm one hell of a guy to fight in 1v1. Doesn't mean I always win.
    But that's not the same in gvg.
    I have around 7.5k hp.
    In other words all you have to do is hit me with like 80 100s to kill me.
    If you're hitting 200s then only 40 hits.
    If you're hitting 400s then 20 hits.
    That's not very hard to accomplish in a gvg setting.
    If you're scared to do pvp because all you're doing is 1v1 then you're wrong.
    Try GvG.
    Even if you're going into GvG solo let's say I'm in there.
    Well DS just knocked me down by 2k and BL just knocked me down by 3k, and fabric just hit me for 2k. All you need to do is hit me for 500 and I'm dead.. aka it's your kill.

• Like Like x 1
  19. senji

senji New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    senji
    Level:
    Guild:
    Infamous

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  20. ffej