1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Angelus

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Aquia, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Pickle

Pickle New Member

For stats is it better to go int>Dex or int >vit?

2. Aquia

Aquia Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Aquiria
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Depends if your Def and Mdef is good. If it is, go INT+ DEX. If not, INT + VIT. Angelus has the least hp out of all Acolyte advanced classes so better stay alive..

3. Vinyx

Vinyx New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Vinyx
    Level:
    Guild:
    Skyreach
    Hello guys! After reading posts here, I just want to state a few things based on my own experience:
    1. Angelus is NOT OP. See, the hidden skill is not much different from Acolyte's Holy Ray. If you accumulate the damages from the hidden skill, it maybe is high. But remember that it has to hit all 6 hits and the arena fact is IT WON'T. Mostly only 2-4 hits would land on enemy if it hit. People aren't stupid. They will push evade button after the first hit got them. The casting time is horribly long though.
    2. Better don't stay being this class. You can either stay being a Priest or Linker if you are the full support type. Just master this class for the Shining Road skill for damaging enemies or Feather of Greed skill to debuff bosses so their critical rate will decrease. And if you're the battle type, aim for Ying Yang Master. Just bring the Shining Road skill for additional arsenal. Feel like impossible to get Ying Yang Master? Stay being Priest until you collect all 5 evolution gangues for Ying Yang Master. Why? If you become Angelus, you can only bring 1 skill from Priest. Though you need both Sun Light and Selfee Holy in Advent Dungeon raid. No matter how strong your gears are, your DPS is still the lowest among all classes since the damaging skills have very very long cooldown. This point is my thoughts though. There is no better or worse class. Maybe I'm just not good enough being an Angelus.
    3. Angelus in PvP... Hey, I'm quite a PvP addict lol. Ended up being an all-around Priest after so many trials and errors. I did kill and heal and be killed simultaneously. But lately, I found the fact that being an Acolyte means being a supporter, with or without attacking skills. And however, Acolyte is mostly needed for its heals and buffs instead of attacking enemies. Our attacking skills are what I would call "support attack". And if it kills, consider it lucky strike. Our job is to heal, it's just a bonus if somehow we happen to score a kill. So, Angelus is not the "mage" of acolyte. Even the hidden skill, the most damage skill, I would say it's a suicide skill and can hardly hit when face to face with your target. Became Angelus, I mostly died while casting hidden skill. Ironic lol.. Angel Tiara, an instant knockback skill, can barely protect you by keeping range, let alone killing enemies. You don't say you want to use it together with Sanctuary. It won't be effective in PvP. PvE, maybe. Though, I rarely used it and its long cooldown makes it even least useful. Feather of Greed, the critical debuff placing skill with tiny little damage. Only useful in boss raid. I didn't even put it on shortcut lol. Saint Wings, the greatest of all, I have already told you about this above lol. PvP skills for INT based Acolyte are Shine Laser, Holy Ray, Shining Road, Shining Ray, Link Heal, Selfee Holy, and buffs. Practically you only need Shining Road from Angelus. Or if you can get the Ying Yang Master, it would be great.
    4. Without underestimating Angelus, I would say you be whatever you want with whatever your status build. But for me, Angelus is not the choice to make as main advanced class (the one you stay in after mastering all the advanced classes you needed). And I will say it again, this class is NOT OP. And never look up to high geared angelus dealing high damage. The damages are so-so if you compare it to other class with the same level, same star equipments, and same build. Angelus needs extra extra extra training to master the timing of all Angelus skills until you can effectively use it. Remember, 2 of Angelus' skills make you vulnerable to attack.

That's it. If anyone wanted to test anything about Angelus with me, my IGN is Vinyx lv79 and I often hang out near stall ch7 or do GDM with guildmates (but not for this moment because I'm kinda busy lately). Thanks for reading my post and tell me if there's something wrong about what I've said here. Then let's prove it in-game. Have fun playing Angelus! :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1