1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Aleph's Guide to Equipment, Part 1: Basics

Discussion in 'Avabel Game Guides' started by aleph, Feb 18, 2014.

1. shingkz

shingkz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    shingkz
    Level:
    Guild:
    smile
  2. Angelo19

Angelo19 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Xaiver
    Level:
    Guild:
    gambler
    Hi, regarding the percentage of evolving weapons and armors, has it changed now, because of updates in the game. Thanks

3. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    That post was before i knew each star rating had its own success rate annnd when we had 5 star as the highest equipment rating, which is as of current 10. Good job correcting my post from 2 years ago.

4. Angelo19

Angelo19 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Xaiver
    Level:
    Guild:
    gambler
    I was actually asking if the rate has changed now because of the updates in Avabel. Also, do you have any idea why it would be so low for just a 3* wep to 4* wep? Thanks

5. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Ahh, i read that in the wrong context. That number i gave 2 years ago was for upgrading from 4 to 5 star. With the "newer" star ratings released sense the post the rate for upgrading has changed, but i wouldnt be the one to ask as i never really upgrade past 5 star on my own. Anything higher i typically buy from the stall or hire a reliable player to make specialized gear. I dont have the time to make me own higher end gear. Though thier is something you can do if no one answers this in your allotted expected time frame. Lv doesnt influence the rate at which upgrading happens at any star rating. You can grab some lv 1 items and run some small scale tests with them from 3-5 star and if you choose to go further then you can bring those items to 6+ stars. Lv one items only cost 1 crystal to attempt to upgrade with.

However If i am the only one to really touch base with you on this, id have to guess based on my friend's records when they attempt to upgrade thier gear. From 3 to 4 is roughly 40~50% and 4 to 5 is roughly 20-30% give or take. Dont take this to heart and if you do base your numbers on it, then account for a 5~10% variance in values. After all we are dealing with an RNG with a modifier that affects success rate after one fail. And that value stays up for 10 mins for that type of gear regardless of success or fails afterwords. Logging will remove that modifier. With that in mind id suggest if you want to make your own gear in general you do it in bulk. This will save you time and resources in the long run, this becomes more evident as you work with 6+ star equipment. This bit is open to debate as i never ran the numbers my self and this is on what i observed and recall from at least 10 heavy gear makers.

6. Angelo19

Angelo19 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Xaiver
    Level:
    Guild:
    gambler
    Thank you very much for your replies and for this very useful information. I actually tried to evolve a lvl 60 wep 3* to a 4* but failed misserably hahha, tried 5 times and all failed. Wasted 60 sharp crystals. So thats why I was asking for the percentage of evolving weps. Thanks again :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. shingkz

shingkz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    shingkz
    Level:
    Guild:
    smile
    i have a 2h bow 5s..my gold is only 670k due to consecutive failure of evolving this weapon..whew!!!

here is my situation...im really confuse on what to do..ive been doing dungeon everyday.gold dungeon. because i want to buy that 9s 2h bow worth 34m or more, for the past 2 weeks ive been doing gold dungeon and raised my gold to almost 2.5m(last weekend i was not able to play due to personal matters)...everyday (except sunday) im doing it all over again and again and againnnnnnn. and earlier this day my weap needs to be evolve so i bought sharp crystal 99pcs worth 1.2m, and i almost freaak out because it failed 5 times.. oh come on,..and luckily after 6 tries it succeeded..

here is my question...should i go for that 34m 2h bow 9s or should i enhance and evolve my current weapon?please i need ur opinion/advice.

8. shingkz

shingkz New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    shingkz
    Level:
    Guild:
    smile
    late reps..what is the requirement if u evolve ur weap from 5s to 6s?

9. Arthuria Saber

Arthuria Saber New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    |SIA|MC
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    okay... first, i want to tell you that in evolving a weapon/armor, the higher the stars, the more times it will fail. In your case, it's 5* and you want it to evolve into 6* right? If you will continue doing that, evolving it to 7*, you have to fail 6 times first and on the second time, it might succeed. This is almost the same with other players like me. But some says if your very lucky, you can evolve it just once.

I cannot give you the best advice but my advice for you is:

I would rather level up first and when i reach higher level, like 70-90, that's the time i will buy a very high ranking weapon. Because, trust me, when you became higher level, there's a big tendency that you will be needing stronger weapons/armors.

Hope this helps :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Arthuria Saber

Arthuria Saber New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    |SIA|MC
    Level:
    Guild:
    ENKI
    Same requirements.. you have to maxed its level first. Then you will probably fail 5 times in evolving it before you could upgrade it to 6* :)

11. Roster605

Roster605 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Daisung
    Level:
    I just used 20Stone Of Recollection on my 4* weapon in an attempt to evolve it into a 5* and it failed even with the success rate raised. Recollection stones are a pain, time consuming as to collect and I feel like they are useless now. Any tips would be helpful..

12. aleph

aleph Active Member

Using stones of recollection is usually a waste unless you are certain of 100% success in evolving your weapon or armour. A couple of ways to guarantee success:
    • use evo liquid (only really worthwhile for high level equipment)
    • evolve in such large batches that the success rate rises to 100%. Note that this is never displayed, and can vary depending on the number of stars of the equipment
    For a 4* to 5* evolve on standard (not rune) equipment, it generally makes more sense to sell the stones of recollection and crystals in the stall, and simply buy the higher star equipment. Of course, other variables (humanized, rifted, etc.) may affect your decision.

13. Joeyashields

Joeyashields New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    Is there any way to do some kind of math to figure out what a lvl 1 item will be when it's max rank. Say I wanted to buy a lvl 80 10* weapon that is lvl 1 in stall. Say I wanna compare the damage of what it would be versus a lvl 90 10* but this one is max ranked. Is there some kind of general formula or whatever to know how gear will be at final level of enhance?

14. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Yes thier is however i personaly dont know it off the top of my head.

15. princess_IU

princess_IU New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Adora
    Level:
    Guild:
    Indonese
    Nice thread..
    Considering I am one of noons, I might find myself reading this thread many times over n over:)

16. Miharu

Miharu New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Miharu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Royals
    What is the success rate in evolving a 5* to 6* using a similar weapon? I haven't seen this question posted anywhere. What happens if it fails?

17. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    you rarely successfully evolve on the first try so the success rate is 20-40%(how I feel it is).
    you use the Gear you use as material in the evolve.

18. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Everything Leo said. If it fails, only the material used to attempt to evolve it will disappear. The weapon you are trying to evolve will be fine. (It is better to attempt to evolve something with multiple material ready and on standby. After the first failure, the success rate does increase for a limited time.)

If you are unable to gather a lot of duplicates for your weapon (I'm talking at least 10 copies for 5* to 6*. Luck may require more or less.), you shouldn't be attempting to evolve past 5* (unless you have a Evo Liquid 6+ on standby).

19. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I say use Evo Liquid when evolving to 7* because at that point getting materials will start to be really hard 5*>6* can be farm since getting 5* gears just require Sharp/Hard Crystals+Gold so that easy(it true 1-5* is easy part 6-10* is Hard and becomes more Difficult as more *s the Gear(s) have).

20. H3rshey

H3rshey New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    hershey
    Level:
    Hi guys so just to clarify again guys, sorry for asking this again but if I fail in evolution let's say that I'm evolving a 4*-5* wep and it failed I will not lose the weapon and will just lose the materials like sharp crystals?