1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Advanced Class: Blacksmith (Sm)

Discussion in 'Creator' started by Karina, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Disnn

Disnn New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Niarc
    Level:
    ty oh , where can i find equip lvl 100?, is it only at weapon dungeon?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    No, as far as i know weapon and armor dungeon do not go that high. lv 80-100 items come from gem shop packages and from some boxes ( i dont recall names off hand so cant answer it...at least right away).

3. WHITE94

WHITE94 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kogaan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unique
    Let's put it that way: Blacksmith is AWESOME .-. like srsly awesome *-*
    Tomahawk is faster than Crack Bind, costs less and you can perform a Wield Blow even before the whole animation is done.
    Stone of Moves CD is faster than the duration of the buff itself *-* Question: It doesn't add up when you buff anew while the buff is still lasting, right?

PS: The abbrevation of Blacksmith (Sm) is really weird.. you can't say "SM is awesome", people will look at you in a very strange way xD

4. Hilmi

Hilmi New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Asusah
    Level:
    Hi Rayleigh, im lvl 80 SM and i dont have item production above 75. Do i need to lvl 85 before i can produce armor/weapon lvl85? I already master SM passive.

5. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Just like any synthesis list you need to have the main ingredient for it to show up. It must be a 1s unmaxed lv 50/60/70/80/ect.

Again last i checked (like 9+ months ago) it still had this feature.

6. WHITE94

WHITE94 Active Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Kogaan
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unique

the buff really just has a bigger AoE when you cast it with Type A Stone of Moves

it's +1DEF per 100 bag weight, +14DEF from the skill itself when maxed out, to a non-paying guy like me this could give you +24DEF at max.. which is really nothing .-.

--> https://sites.google.com/site/onlinerpgavabel/class/cr/sm

7. Strife.

Strife. New Member

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Strife
    Level:
    Is this an int or str build? What attack type does this class use? What are these skills like in pvp and could the support style of all skills be better fir pvp and guild battles

8. Goose

Goose New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Goose
    Level:
    Not so much a guide, rather more like an overview.

I'd suggest type c on the def buff and stone of moves, the power type (I think c) for tomahawk.

I'm going off base of 30 & 30 dex/vit, rest in str (currently 50something)

If you need any questions answered let me know.(I go off by guides, helpers & personal experience)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  9. IMrReckless

IMrReckless New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    IReckles
    Level:
    I'm aiming for the tanky bruiser type. My build is 50vit, 50str and rest dex probaby and if not I'll add more str... any tips on Blacksmith for me?

10. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I've been waiting to do this for a while now. There is a post here on this thread stating that this is more of an overview than a guide. Technically, that person is correct. You can get the same exact info by leveling up in that class. In order words, it lacks info and opinions. I wanted to add some of both to the table. This is why I am typing this. I plan on doing all the advanced classes of creator. I'm going to cover every skill in class and add some of what I think of it. I want everyone to remember that this is my opinion. If I say something you don't agree with (or is wrong), please don't hesitate to call me out. (I'm only writing this part of the intro because this is my first one. This will be absent in future ones.) (One more thing: I feel that the first three advanced classes of creator are not very good for PvP. I know that technically everything can be used in PvP, but you're going to be more miserable with the first three as your move set is so much smaller than those of the other base classes. I don't think we start getting good PvP classes until Crafter.)

Ah, Blacksmith. This is the advanced class that most people who become a creator start off as. It is only seen as the starting class, and most only value the attack buff from this class. There is more to this class than most people realize. I find it to be more of an end-game class. I'm going to write about all the information about this class that I have... both the good and the bad. I'll be focusing on the skills of this class. I won't rewrite the descriptions since that is already posted already.

Heart of Arms (Passive): Branch taken: N/A
    Heart of arms is a really nice passive. As stated, it gives +3 STR, +3 VIT, and +4 DEX (as of December 2016). Another thing it does is it allows Blacksmiths to create level 55, 65, and 75 weapons and armors. (There is nothing beyond that as far as I'm aware of.) Some people might be thinking, "Why is that important? Everyone can do the same thing at the synthesis clerk." That may be true, but Blacksmiths can make it easier and better. The synthesis desk asks you to bring 30 pieces of two items. It creates a 1* version of a weapon at a 100% rate. Blacksmiths on the other hand require a little bit less. You need half of the materials. In exchange, you need iron ores and a Craftsman's Hammer. (You need 15 iron ores for 55 gear, 20 iron ores for 65 gear, and 25 iron ores for 75 gear.) Iron Ores are cheap. Blacksmiths is the only class to use them, so they are very cheap in the stall. You can also easily farm them as you are farming for your material. Instead of a 100% chance of a 1*, you get multiple chances. (70% chance of 1*, 20% chance of 2*, 5% chance of 3*, and 5% chance of failing). With it requiring less materials, it is much easier to craft those type of weapons. This is very important if you plan on evolving these types of gear to 6* and beyond (For those who don't know, you need an exact copy of the gear you want to evolve at 6* and higher.) Blacksmiths have it easier when it comes to these types of gear thanks to the passive. The passive also synchronizes well with another skill here, but that will be covered when the skill arrives.

Tomahawk (Active): Branch taken: Type A
    This is an attack that nobody knew they wanted until they got it. Before I cover how awesome this thing is, I want to talk about how the creator is when it comes to attacks. We don't have many AoEs. We don't have a lot of range. We are lacking in a diverse set of moves. Enter Tomahawk. This is the best skill that we could ask for. This allows us to attack larger amounts of enemies at one button press. It's fast. It's spammable. It's versatile. I chose the balanced type since I prefer to conserve SP, but all of the types are good. You'll be hitting a lot of things with it, so more damage is good. What's better than an already fast spamming skill? A skill that you can spam even faster. This is all around an awesome skill. There isn't much to say about it.

Stone of Moves (Active): Branch taken: Type C
    Oh boy, the king of attack buffs, Stone of Moves is here. I want to first say that it isn't as OP as people say. It is strong though. According to the stats screen, it gives +47 attack and magic attack. This is slightly misleading. It actually gives +47 attack and magic attack PER HIT. This would have been really strong for creators... if most of their attacks were multiple hits. Most of our attacks are one or two hits. This means that we doesn't get as much of a boost as other classes get with it. (Example: Wield Blow vs Kernel Shot. Wield Blow is three hits. So it gets +141 damage if all the hits connect. Kernel Shot is one hit. So it will only get +47 extra damage.) Did you forget that we are a support class?
    There is one more thing I want to point out. If you are fighting an enemy and your weapon is wearing an element stronger than the enemy, you will get double the boost. (So instead of +47, you get +94 per hit.) If you have the chance to use an element that is stronger, use it.
    Most people choose the longer duration type. Choose the one you like the best. (Type A seems good for raids. Type B is if you want to conserve SP.)
    In my opinion, it isn't as strong as people make it out to be. It is good for your potion mist and Wield Blow, but outside of it, it isn't as awesome. I wouldn't encourage people to master this class just for this buff since it doesn't benefit you a lot selfishly. Though free damage is free.

G-Force (Active): Branch taken: Type C
    The useless skill of the class (because every class has one right?). (Sarcasm...) This skill boost your defense (only defense, not magic defense) based on your bag weight. It gives about +1 defense every 100 bag weight. (I say about because I noted that there is no change between some of the numbers. Sometimes it didn't increase by one until the next one after. At 2000 bag weight, it was +15.) People are like, "This is weak. Why would I use this?" First, it probably acts like Stone of Moves. Using +15 a my example, I would be taking -15 per hit. (So it would be more effective against multiple hit attacks. Example: two attacks. One is 1 hit for 90 damage. The other is three hits for 90 damage. With G-Force, the first attack would be reduced to 75 damage. The second attack would be reduced to 45 damage.) The next question would probably be, "How would I keep my bag heavy?" Easy: BE A BLACKSMITH! The passive encourages you to create gear. Gear has weight. The more you create, the better your defense from your defense buff.
    This current game is better for this skill as well. F2P can now gain gems and premium items easier. (Today I used my five gems to get more bag space and weight.) Because of this, the skill has more value.
    One thing before I finish this section off. The defense buff is dependent on every individual's bag weight. So other people may not get the same boost if you have a lot of bag weight. (It's kinda of a shame.)

Final thoughts: I believe this is more of an end-game class. If you are interested in creating gear, this is a great class for it. If you wonder why you would create gear instead of buying it, I'll link you to a post. (I haven't made it yet, but it will be linked once I make it in a few days.) I feel it is a good class for playing support, and it gives creators a skill to help make up for their weaknesses (lack of AoEs). I hope this helps with people's understanding of the class.

As for Job Master: I chose Tomahawk. I don't need Stone of Moves. I would rather have something that would help me damage more enemies than something that would benefit only a select few moves. We are lacking in good AoEs.

EDIT: I guess a few days is equal to a few months. Here is the link to another post I made. (Link)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Partha Sarkar

Partha Sarkar New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    ParSh
    Level:
    Is it possible to create a 5* above arms as a blacksmith?

12. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Are you asking if you can create 5* items using the passive? If that is the question, the answer is no. The highest is 3*. It is also the rarest.

The only advantage Blacksmith has that no one else can do is they can create 55, 65, and 75 gear with less material and with a chance of it not being 1* after created (and a chance to fail). Everybody can evolve arms past 5*.

13. Partha Sarkar

Partha Sarkar New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    ParSh
    Level:
    Thanks ace...i really need to know this

14. harhaerhar

harhaerhar New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    harhaerhar
    Level:
    I wanna ask
    how can i make my dps grow stronger
    im level 51 now with 50str and 30 dex

15. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Level up and get more stat points...
    Use stronger weapons...

EDIT: You can also level up your skills...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  16. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    WHOA thats such an amazing concept :eek:

17. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    My first response: Is this really a question?
    I actually did forget one thing. I've edited it in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I was the last response, huh? I hope this doesn't count as a double post XD.

Anyway, I wanted to look into how much defense the Blacksmith defense buff gives. For those unaware (or too lazy to go back and read), it buffs your defense based on your bag weight. I wondered how strong it was. I am, unfortunately, limited in bag weight. I didn't want to pay for things (yet). It also didn't help that I added more characters, and they needed some bag space as well. I only have data for 1100 bag weight to 2000 bag weight. If anyone has more, could they look into that? (If I ever get back to this, I'll add even more.)

Before I get to this, a reminder:
    • The defense buff applies to every individual bag weights. Even if the caster (Blacksmith) has a bag weight of 3000, the allies won't get same buff. It will be calculated based on their weight. So to put it simply, this info is more coordinated groups or Blacksmiths themselves. Most players won't have super heavy bags (bag filled maybe, not really weight heavy however). With the numbers I have, the buff isn't going to help a lot of people.
    Here is what I have:
    Weight: 1100 Buff: +8 defense
    Weight: 1206 Buff: +9 defense
    Weight: 1302 Buff: +9 defense
    Weight: 1400 Buff: +10 defense
    Weight: 1500 Buff: +11 defense
    Weight: 1600 Buff: +12 defense
    Weight: 1700 Buff: +12 defense
    Weight: 1800 Buff: +13 defense
    Weight: 1900 Buff: +14 defense
    Weight: 2000 Buff: +15 defense

In case you are wondering why the number doesn't increase between some of bag weights, it is because the defense buff increases the number inside the parenthesis and that causes the number outside of the parenthesis to change. Since the number outside is what is more commonly looked at and easier to calculate, I gave the results from that instead of both. This was to keep things simple.

The way this buff should be looked at is as extra armor instead of extra defense. This is an imaginary fourth piece you have equipped for a period of time.

What I want to know is if this has a cap on it or not. If it does, what does it cap at? If it doesn't, does it actually increase with the max bag weight does higher? Is it strong at higher bag weight? This is something I won't touch for a while since I won't be on creator for a while. I'm hoping someone would fill in more in my absence.

• Like Like x 1