1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte Skills+Build Ups

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by aovan, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    It means that you put all points into that attribute to make it your main then the rest goes into a secondary attribute you can only add 150 free points the rest have to come from gears

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ryder

Ryder New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Omega
    Level:
    Thanks a lot....This clears up lots of things

3. Trav

Trav New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Focus1k
    Level:
    Guild:
    USA
    So I have a question,for the acolyte class,are there any other classes I can learn,the use legs ? Or a class where I can use to classes?

4. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Leg Sol is the advanced class with all the kicks. The builds in the Monk section should be of help too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Null

Null New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Null
    Level:
    The skill repose mind description states that the recovery rate is affected by dex. However I don't seem to notice any change in recovery speed or amount with or without additional dex. I observed the skills effect at level 4 without dex and it appeared to be the same as when I have an additional 58 points in dex.

Any one know for a fact that dex really affect this passive? If so about how much dex is needed to notice the difference?

6. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    This has been talked about with this skill and the warrior equivalent.
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/wr-questions.3002/page-28#post-65274
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/stat-posts-collection-of-stat-info-theories.2140/page-7#post-62709
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/acolyte-skills-build-ups.294/page-7#post-59923
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/acolyte-skills-build-ups.294/page-6#post-59231 To name a few posts that have this tid bit.

7. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Oh boy, I'm here. I want express my feelings of this class. After realizing just how well the creators advanced classes synced to together, I wanted to see what this "divide" in acolyte classes was. (What I generally do is I think about the classes and its skills. Before I write it all down, I want to get experiences. Some classes sound better on paper than in application. I want to have as much right before I say anything.) People really are narrow minded.

When I first tried the Acolyte class a couple of years back, the slow gameplay turned me off. Now that I have gotten better at the game, the class actually seemed fun to me. I enjoyed playing the healer. I healed myself. I healed others. This is the type of support I like to play. (Sorry Creator. I appreciate your brand of support, but Acolyte fits my style a lot better.)

I was able to level up faster than my norm because I could do raids. I used a blunt weapon, (I'll explain later) and kept myself moderately healed. People were praising me for my healing. (And there was that one guy asking for it. I already told him that I couldn't see him, so I couldn't make sure he was healed.) I wonder why people don't heal during raids. I guess I must have been a weirdo.

Then I got to the advanced class. This is where I start ranting. (By the way, I went Monk first.)

Enter a category of people worse than the INT creator... the STR acolyte. They are worse the INT creator because they can't do their job properly. (Ironically, we might end up needing INT creators to make up for the terrible-ness of STR acolytes.) I think this is the dumbest thing ever. Acolytes aren't supposed to be Strength based. They are supposed to be supporters and healers. So why are people going strength? I get that Monk, Leg Sol, and Gradia are strength based, but that doesn't mean you have to follow that road. There is actually a really good reason for them being strength based. What's worse is that people believe that you need to restat every time you "switch" between support and Monk. Stop it. Acolytes are supposed to the INT based. The passives of Monk and Leg Sol support this. Monk's passive is based on half your magic attack. If you have enough INT, you can easily make use of this passive. Asobimo even threw us a bone with giving Leg Sol attack and magic attack. Why would you need magic attack on a strength class? Because you aren't supposed to neglect your magic attacks. So no, going STR isn't completely the answer. Need more proof? It is hard to level a strength based Acolyte. It's like telling a Mage to go strength or telling a Rogue to go INT.

Anyway, STR Acolytes have very little value. You could easily be replaced by another DPS player. Acolytes are supposed to have value because of their support. By going STR, you're value plummets. The other classes specialize better than Monks do... with better SP consumption. (another thing I'm covering in the Monk thread)

So do everyone a favor focus on INT. You are a support class no matter what. We don't need another DPS player... especially one in a class that doesn't specialize in DPS. If you want damage, Warriors, Rogues, Rangers, and Mages have their own brand damage. Pick one.

EDIT: I totally forgot to add my flair. I plan on using ALL the Acolyte advanced classes in my arsenal. For farming and PvP, I'll be using a Knuckle blunt combo. This way, I can attack from a nice distance and punish people who get too close. For every thing else, I'll go Blunt shield. I'm using a blunt since I still plan on using my strength skills. As a person who played as a Creator, Blunts aren't that bad. I don't mind the magic attack. Blunts also have a very similar attack stat to knuckles.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. princess_IU

princess_IU New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Adora
    Level:
    Guild:
    Indonese
    I agree with u, that we must focus on INT (and I'm INT base acolyte too)
    But I don't like it when u unappreciated the str acolytes. It's terrible.
    Maybe u re fine with INT while using monk or leg sol. I guess u use *10 gears so that u re fine with it. But not everyone can afford them.
    I experience it myself. Having INT base plus poor gears, make me slow in leveled up. Couldn't give much dmg when raid.
    While other ppl could get 2m, 3m, 4m exps. I can only thankful with 1m exps. Average is around hundred thousand exps, even now.
    (Fyi, I haven't been reborn/ rebirth yet)
    And i'm useless in pvp. Though in gvg, my friends adore me a lot. And having them help me flooring up with me is nice too.

After the update recently, asobimo granted us a chance to win gems, refine pilot light, etc. However, as I told u, i'm useless in pvp 1 on 1.
    Slow casting skill, low dps (though I have *10 arms now), medium range, moreover faced with a rebirth ppl?
    I'm done for.

U don't need another dps player?

I am a support type healer with a decent heals but I have to support myself too.
    Monk and leg sol class are my hope.
    So I can go for more. Though i'll mostly put my stats in dex after rebirth and nothing in str.

Oh I think my reasoning is random.

My point is let them be str acolytes. They might be a newbie with poor gears and u know, they will improve more in no time. I assure u.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    Wow the assumptions are real. I feel you didn't complete your thoughts, or you misread what I said.
    I explained why STR Acolytes are not good. They have no value. There are already six classes specializing in dealing lots of damage. This doesn't include the advanced classes that they have that also focus on damage. What is the point of making an Acolyte a pure DPS class when there are already other classes that do this? What is the point of foregoing your specialty for something other classes do better and with less effort? That is why STR-based Acolytes are unnecessary. They are playing a role that is easily replaced. You always see people asking for Acolytes and Creators because they are good support. STR-based Acolytes are less supportive, so they are less desirable.
    This is an annoying assumption. I got my first 10* weapon a couple of weeks ago... it was an axe for my Creator. That is the only 10* weapon I have for any of my characters.

Gear is too much of a personal story to use as a defense. It's because it is your problem. Even when I playing earlier, I had decent gear on. The axe I mentioned was the first time I bought a strong weapon from the stall. You have the option of leveling and evolving your equipment. 5* was decent to use before the big update. (I farmed floor 16-18 with 5* gear. I didn't have many problems. Now the enemies are weaker.)

Your gear contains most of your offensive power anyway. Telling me that having poor gear means having poor damage is stating the obvious.
    This is more of a personal note. Why do people think that rebirth gives more damage or something? The boost it gives isn't massive. You'll have more speed, hp, and sp, but that doesn't affect damage (well directly). People really need to stop overhyping it.
    That's still you...
    That still sounds like a you problem... (Also, RB players aren't gods. With gear on par with theirs and skill, they can be beaten. It isn't as OP as people make it out to be.)
    I already explained my reasoning. 6 out of the 8 classes already focus solely on damage. There is no need to make a class more designed to support into a worse class in that category.
    Somebody didn't read. I never said, "Don't go Monk or Leg Sol." I'm talking about players going STR when it completely unnecessary. I encourage going through and taking from all the classes. I just want to convince people not to re-stat every time, or go full strength... especially the full strength part. (Though a personal note, I find Monk to be overrated for PvP. In almost every match I am in or see, they mainly rely on the hidden. I don't feel Leg Sol gets the credit it deserves.)
    I have no clue how to respond to that. I'm very confused here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. princess_IU

princess_IU New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Adora
    Level:
    Guild:
    Indonese
    Oh really, my reasoning is random and a complete mess, I knew that. I am a little bit emotional, pardon me;). And about that gears assumption too, forgive me that u felt bad about it. I even use *5 gears until floor 21 (well, my healing make up for it)

what I want to state is we are all newbie when trying new class we haven't tried before.
    Not everyone would do trial and error to choose stats. So we normally would choose what anyone's advise. Browse a guide, pick one.. (And put STR in it).
    U think everyone restat every time? What about f2p player? They might think that str stats will cover up their lack in gears, you know. As they knew, that class is strength based.

Telling them undesirable might be true. But not everyone want to be a support anyway.
    Do u know what I first saw monk class? Their fighting style is cool, like a boxer.
    Plummet their value? Ah come on.. I'll heal and dex you to cover them up.

I guess this is what makes my tension rated up. U never said "Don't go Monk or Leg Sol". But aren't ur words contradictive?

We want damage especially in raid, if we could make a pt in raid, and share exps, that'd be nice. But we can't.
    Now i use *10 arms, going raid, my exps still MUCH lower than other class with low level. Even though our arms both haven't add monster type yet and we entered the raid at the same time. Well, can't help about it.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Yes preach how much weaker the mobs are and how it was already before.
    And preach that rebirth doesn't add damage except for if you put the 10 extra stats into STR/INT which isn't much.
    I do disagree on monks being strong though. They're probably the most self reliant class.

As for this a 10* knuckle level 70+ (so cheap it's dumb) gives you more than enough to get over damage cap in raid even if you had absolutely 0 in str.
    Can't say anything about free to play players either. Takes like 15 human crystals sold at stall to afford one of these knuckles. Human crystals readily available for farming in low floor random dungeon.

12. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I seriously think you missed my point.

While Monk and Leg Sol are strength based classes, I saying that you don't need strength to effectively use the classes... at all. Both classes have the expectation that you have INT in your build (Monk's and Leg Sol's Passives). What I am trying to tell people is to not focus on strength at all and keeping on INT.

What you don't realize is that people hear that Monk is strength based, and they don't put anything in INT, and only STR. Some restat once they reach level 50. If they don't have INT, their healing is reduced in general (which is the biggest thing about Acolytes). I'm trying to show that you can do find with just INT.

F2p players try to level up their Acolytes using STR instead of INT. It is an unnecessary trouble when going INT is perfectly fine.
    Is that the point of the base class? To be support? (Doesn't the description say something about willing to serve others?) If you want to be a damage dealer, the other classes are much better choices. The perk of being a STR Acolyte: Monk and Leg Sol skills are stronger. The Perk of being a STR Rogue, Ranger, Warrior, and Revenger: ALL of your attacks are stronger, not just one advanced class. STR-based Acolytes are outclassed by the other classes due to the limitations of the stats. And then, Monks and Leg Sols guzzle more pots than any other class. So you have extra expenses to pay for that damage. Acolytes are supposed to play a supporting role naturally. By going mainly STR, you are making yourself less useful...
    Most Acolytes only use Link Heal as their main method healing. If Link Heal is weaker, it result in some deaths if not used more constantly. In the case of STR Acolytes, they have no INT to help their Link Heals. So naturally, it'll be weaker. If the content is hard, that might prove to be fatal. If the player moves too much, they might not get the heal as much as they need. So they need as much of a heal as possible.
    People end up going Acolyte just for the strength based classes. Some of the Acolytes end up wasting points on STR when it is absolutely unnecessary. (Some take it too far and don't put anymore into INT.) I'm trying to persuade against the use of STR and push INT. I never said that you shouldn't go to Monk and Leg Sol. (I even stated that I would go through all the classes with an INT build.)
    That still sounds like a you problem...

Also, most people will tell not to compare damage with other players. (Also, aren't you proving my point of other classes still outdamaging Monks and Leg Sols... Oh, if we are comparing personal experiences, I found myself getting the amount of exp from raid that I want. It wasn't as high as others, but it was enough to notice the progress. It's all subjective.)

EDIT: Like @Zucrea said, having good Knuckles is enough to reach the damage cap in raid. Gear is something that can be changed in a heartbeat. Stats are not. That is why I make my recommendations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    >.> no. The first time i picked up an rpg i read the hell out of the forums, wikis, and other tid bits after playing as a class that was love at first sight for about 2 weeks of learning the rules of the game and some simple mechanics that you can only learn by playing (the rogue, scout, trickster). Mind you i was around 8-9 at the time (25 years of age now). Even then i spent many hours making alts learning quick basics of the class at low levels and grabbing important information about the class and thier roles and styles when in party and or solo. You are correct not everyone wants to or will do small scale tests on classes, stats, gear combinations, and what not. Those that dont compare thier personal findings with those they get "advice" from will often falter and either suck badly thier entire game's carrier or just end up quitting because they cant grasp it due to not following basic steps to starting up something new. Though even advice from others might be full of crock and just make the newbie or the person asking fail that much harder or quit just as fast.

In the case of avabel, i went rogue first time around like i normally do for about 1 and half months. After that time frame i had about 5-7 accounts of two toons per, each with a base class of interest and different builds to them. However before i went into doing that i had done small scale tests that is easy to do and allowed due to abismo being one of the few designers to incorporate the reclass/restat feature for lvs 30 and downward. Which more often then not, led to the large scale tests. Which more or less work all the time. So if your telling me you cant make a lv 30 toon and get some basic gear for the base class and predict/utilize some critical thinking skills, then in no way you have the right to come complain about the results of your effort nor the qualifications to recommend, suggest, tell, refute or any other rebuttal than to ask a question about how something works or where it is located to go read on your own accord.

If one does not wish to play support full time but still play it, then stat your self with a bit ol dex to increase the min vaules and crit% to increase overall output across both atk and matk. Or you can keep the full support and have an alt for the time you want to have more damage. The bloody point of this class even if it has some dps type skills is to assist others or prolong your own death or other's death. Otherwise you are just making your self basically 50% of your true power (a bit exaggerated but it gets the point across). Pure dex does not in anyway output the same as pure int. No if ands or butts. Dex is a supplement stat to help assist in minor output increase and defend against incoming crit chance and some other minor nuances. All in all you arent helping your case and this is where i would post this. http://avabelforums.com/threads/learning-from-others-who-not-to-listen-to.9034/ Only because most of this so far you are stating is bias. That doesnt fly far or well here.

Never did he once mention or referred to this in anyway. You are putting words where they dont belong or misreading it in its entirety. Not going to touch base on the last bit as zuc just mauled that one to death with logic and reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ace144

Ace144 New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Ace
    Level:
    Guild:
    AzureSky
    I shouldn't but in this, but I wanted to point out that he was referring to Sunlight when he said he would "heal and dex you up." You know. The buff that every Acolyte uses... even though people don't use it to its maximum potential 90% of the time. (In case you forgot, Sunlight doubles as a debuff when cast on an enemy. So if you cast near a boss, you are upping your DEX and crit and lowering the boss's DEX and crit. This helps a lot more since it still benefits people who might not have gotten the buff.) Side note: Why can't people think outside the box? While Sunlight is a good buff, Clear Lance should be a more taken Job Master. It helps fill in the Acolyte's lack of attacking skills. I think it is way too over rated like Stone of Moves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ~Rayleigh

Class:
    Rogue
    Ahh, one of the few things to this game i detest... the buffing/debuffing. Its mediocre and they do not stack. I hadnt forgot about the skill, its common to see it in pvp when i had played. Prolly still is.