1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte Skills+Build Ups

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by aovan, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    I been using full dex rest vit when I'm leg so I heal for 300 so far with gloves on

2. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Exploring around~

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Yeah I heal the same as you: )

Testing ways to make a infinite heal ball tank healer lol..will restat again after I have enough fun with current status xD.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Greed

Greed New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Not_kirito_obvi
    Level:
    Guild:
    CANDY
    so how does a monk benefit from int? sorry i'm, incredibly new

4. GTR

GTR New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    Monk is str based

5. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    Monk benefits from int because of the passive the better your magic attack is the better the hp drain works it is half of your mag attack

Keep us posted

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2016
  6. Greed

Greed New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Not_kirito_obvi
    Level:
    Guild:
    CANDY
    I really need help on leveling up lol
    my dmg output is too low atm and should i just keep using blunt weapon? and what stats? I was thinking as others said, full dex and vit but i'm not sure

7. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    It depends on what you want there is so much in the forums to base off of

8. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    not exactly. I did some testing today with resetting skills at a lower lvl to observe each individual skill's growth and at a fixed int lvl I tested mists at lvl 3 and lvl 6 and there was a notable difference in time. at lvl 3 the skills lasted 60secs and at lvl 6 the duration was doubled. so be it that the duration is int based, skill level also affects duration

9. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    Arc Light seems too weak to be true. has anyone tested to see if it is Men based? or if it has 1 of those "conditions" for example 'Less hp you have left the higher the attack becomes'

Has to be something because between the casting time, sp cost, prerequisite skill, cool down and weak damage, this skill is just...wrong /:

10. Oceanmk

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    This skill is not the main attacking skill of acolyte. Indeed its slightly weaker compare to shine laser/holy ray. I still use this skill in gdm, doing fine. And boss fight also get better hits compared to small monster ;)

This skill is Int based. Till now I never find any special thing about this skill. Haha if it's men based I will be very happy as my stats now dex > men lol. Prefer Int > vit, better for all skills and survival.

11. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    °Henry°
    Level:
    i guess based on the animation it can be considered correct. its like casting multiple short-duration holy rays in a zigzag motion and maybe it should perform better on something like Forneus or Eclipse which have long bodies and should get hit multiple times(in theory at least)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Oceanmk

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Yeah, arc light still consider a pretty okay skill to use. Of course for this game not all skills have a good design. Some can be really bad.. (Don't ask which one lol, sensitive topic.. xD)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Greed

Greed New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Not_kirito_obvi
    Level:
    Guild:
    CANDY
    "which one" tehee~ :^)

14. Umbers

Umbers New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Umbers
    Level:
    I'm brand new but I really don't want to mess up my first character :\
    Could someone give me a guideline on healers and their skills kudos :3

15. Greed

Greed New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Not_kirito_obvi
    Level:
    Guild:
    CANDY
    Healers are the Int based side of Acolyte.
    The Int area includes the advanced classes of an acolyte = Priest, Linker, Exorcist, Angelus (as far as I know)
    Priest is the healer and Linker/Exorcist are debuffs/buffs classes and Angelus is the dps class of Int Acos though is acquired much later in game (lvl70 i think?)
    In terms of build, it depends on what kind of healer you are though I think the standard is 40 dex and rest Int? (I'd recommend looking around the forums though as I'm not pro). My healer (if i had one) would have 40 dex, 60 men/vit, and 100 int @lvl100 (if i ever reached it lol).
    Skills of these are already in special made threads for specific advanced classes . Also welcome to ava forums C: enjoy your stay.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Umbers

Umbers New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Umbers
    Level:
    OK thanks that helped a bit but what skills do I definitely need ?
    Also I want to be a pure healer with a okay DPS , I'm just confused what skills to lvl
    Also what should my final class be if I want my best heals ?
    Sorry for spaming questions but thank you :3
    Basically what class should I master to carry over one skill and what should be my final class ?

Either that or I want just a typical healer build ?

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  17. Greed

Greed New Member

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    Not_kirito_obvi
    Level:
    Guild:
    CANDY
    Okie np, soo you want to be both healer and dps right? Well, for your main class you should probably be a Priest then and then dps, there is really only Angelus and exorcist if I recall as Linker mostly have buffs. For skills, all aco skills i suppose lol, go through this thread more to see what others have said about skills ^^ sorry i wish i could help more

• Like Like x 1
  18. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    You want to max all skills in the following aco priest linker
    You want to max all skills in the following classes acolyte priest linker exorcist Angelus and yin yan

19. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    To be a pure healer, you aren't going to have "okay" DPS. Put that out of your mind. Pure healers have a teeny bit better DPS than Novice. DPS Acos use knux and as a result, they have sucky heals. You pretty much have to choose one or the other. To get the best heals around and slightly better than piss-poor DPS I'd recommend you invest all your status points in INT and all your money into two hand rods. When you hit lvl 72 or 73, and INT is maxed, you can then decide if you need Vit or Men or Dex to go with your playstyle. At this point, you may feel you have enough MATK to drop down to blunt or wand so that you can equip a shield. I personally don't use a shield, but you could argue that they were made specifically for us. Shields nerf all physical and magical attacks but they don't effect heals so that's something to consider. As for skills, you will figure out your favorites along the way but I would start with these three:.

Link Heal - This will be your "stay alive" button. It's the only skill that never leaves your shortcuts. I actually dedicate 2 shortcuts to this one. Might as well max it early because this is THE skill.

Shine Laser - When I'm a priest, I swap in Lance, but otherwise the laser is always on page 1 where regular attack was. This is your spam attack for life.

Holy Ray - The efficient mob killer. Eventually you build up some decent attacks through master classes, but those attacks never end up as good vs mobs as this one. They also cost double or triple the SP.

I'd start with priest because that will put that big heal of yours on display and will fill your friend list very quickly. You can and should max out all your aco skills as PR. Keep in mind that all of Avabel wants you to stay Priest. Everybody likes to feel that Sunlight on their cheek, and they really like it when you hang your big healing balls in front of their faces. Serious parties need both really. When Priest is mastered, you will TEMPORARILY choose one of them to take along. You can change your mind at any time so no worries about master skills. For instance, I normally choose sunlight for selfish reasons, but if my party has 2 monks in it I figure they can handle the suns and so I stop in town and quickly switch to bubbles. These aren't semi-permanent choices like skill branches and status points, you don't really need to plan out your mastered skills. I would start with priest tho. Priest. PRI.

I wouldn't worry about "Final" class either, just like master skills, you can switch classes whenever you feel like it. I use Priest for Tower and Advent because of the above reasons. Exo, Yin and Angelus all have cool aspects for solo leveling, boss hunting, pvp or gvg. I choose Linker when I want to stand around and chat with a bunch of OP wizards. As an INT aco I don't do too many Raids (again, sucky DPS), but when I do, I switch to Monk because it's passive means I never have to heal myself. Monk has no useful skills to the healer but the passive is UBER. I'd say Leg Sol would be your last priority, once I mastered Leg Soul I never switched back to it. There is one knockback skill that doesn't require knux so it's worth mastering but you will definitely move on when done. I haven't unlocked Gradia yet so I can't really talk about that one. But the bottom line is you don't need to choose a "Final" class, unless of course you want to. If that DOES happen, there is no way we can guess what class that will be. I'd bet money it won't be Leg Sol, haha. Personally, I plan to spend lvl 98 unlocking and maxing Gradia. Then I'll probably rock Linker for all of lvl 99 cuz thats my fastest leveler.

I think the typical healer build is to start with a little bit of DEX and VIT, and then sloooowly max out INT in the 80's and 90's when the grind is brutal. I can't imagine doing that grind with low INT but plenty of people have done it. I'd go INT first, so you can make an informed decision later on about how much pdef/mdef/crits you want/need. You won't be needing STR at all if healing is your game.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ryder

Ryder New Member

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    Omega
    Level:
    I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I still don't fully undertstand what it means when someone says Full Str or Full Dex or Full INT and etc. Does this mean you only attribute to one stat, not any other stats? Right now I'm making an acolyte its lvl 28...Even though acolyte is mostly for support, I also want to be able attack very deadly at the same time XD. So would you recommend Full INT((as soon as I know what it means)) OR Full Potential. I'm thinking Full INT but I would appreciate other suggestions too. Thanks In Advance.