1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte Skills+Build Ups

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by aovan, Nov 17, 2013.

1. aovan

aovan Active Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    aovan
    Level:
    Hello! Please check out my Twohand Wr/Gl Guide if you're interested on choosing that class! Thanks!
    http://avabelforums.com/threads/twohand-wr-gl-skills-build-ups.71/

STATS: will depend on your playing style

Power Hungry: Full INT
    -------> High Heals, High Damage

Full Potential: Full INT, Dex 30 or 40, Vit 5 or 25 (optional)
    ------->Healer with critical heals, Damages with crits, Dex supplements the skill Repose Mind (passive skill)

Being an Acolyte is easy. All you have to do is spam heal your party!! You can do damages too.
    Everyone loves an Acolyte, create your own party then everyone will automatically join you. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~Notes:~~~~~~~~~~~
    You can get +10 stats due to Passive/Guild Skill Upgrades
    DEX 30+10 = 40 = 40HIT bonus +4 = 44% Chance of landing a Crit,

Make sure you increase your DEX first so you can benefit from it's Crit all the way.
    I have read many forums and it is suggested that DEX40 Cap is the safest to take, more than that theoretically lowers the chance of landing a Crit.

~~~~~~~~~~SKILLS:~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (Ac) Heals one player
    Heal Light A: "Far distance type that is adjusted to be carried more further."
    Heal Light B: "Magic power type that increased recovery amount."
    Heal Light C: "Saver type to recover the least amount with the least SP being consumed."

I'd recommend picking B, more power to heal a player and if it's still not enough go near him/her and Link Heal.

(Ac) Heals self and surrounding players
    Link Heal A: "Saver type with holding consumed SP and decreasing cool time."
    Link Heal B: "Type that heightens recovery amount by shortening the duration time at the most."
    Link Heal C: "Type with improved usage by shortening charge time.

Duration time is the time players around you has to be healed by your skill. It takes about 1sec. Still the best to pick is B for best amount of Heal since your party mates automatically go near you to get healed. :D

(Ac) Buff Skill
    Attack mist: "Raises fellows attack and magic attack."

Increases your and surrounding player's Atk & Matk. +5 to +10 min/max according to level. When I level this up to Lvl6 the description turns into... Japanese/Chinese? So... yeah I can't read it I'm sorry..
    Here's the pic though:
    [​IMG]

(Ac) Buff Skill
    Guard Mist: "Raises fellows defense and magic defense."

Increases your and surrounding player's Def & Mdef. Same concept.

(Ac) Damage Skill
    Shine Laser A: "Type that can attack far distances by making the fire range more longer."
    Shine Laser B: "Fire power type increasing power and shortening the fire range."
    Shine Laser C: "Enhanced type with improved fire range and power. Large amount of consuming SP."

A one hit spamming skill. I picked C for optimum use of range and damage regardless of the SP it can be supplemented by our passive regen SP and SP pots.

(Ac) AoE Damage Skill
    Holy Ray A: "Type that takes in more enemies by making duration time longer."
    Holy Ray B: "Type meant for continuous usage by shortening cool time. Slight longer rigor."
    Holy Ray C: "Type that increases attack times by emitting more light. Longer cool time."

Type A has a 6secs cooldown and a maximum of 4 hits, duration time is longer but animation still the same.
    Type B has a 5secs cooldown and a maximum of 4 hits, casting time is a bit slower not really noticeable.
    Type C has a 9secs cooldown and a maximum of 6 hits, normal duration and animation time.
    ---Experimented, clinically proven based on experience. :p ---
    [​IMG]

(Ac) Self-Buff Skill
    Anti-Magic: "Creates a magic resist barrier in surroundings. Reduces attacks to magic for a period of time."

Increases your magic defense and does not reduce the damage you make.

(Ac) Cure Skill
    Refresh: "Cures abnormal status of allies in range."

Removes poison and slow or any abnormal status.

(Ac) AoE knockback trap skill
    Sanctuary: "Blows away approaching enemies by setting a sanctuary on the ground."

Creates a large circle aura in front that has triangles circling around it that lasts 5 seconds. It can knockback enemies with damage.
    [​IMG]

(Ac) Damage Skill that also heals players [requires lvl8 holy ray 287826 JEXP]
    Arc Light: "Range magic skill that gives judgement obtaining powers of the gods."

(Ac) Passive Skill
    Repose Mind: "Increase natural SP recover by increasing your healing power. Increases your recovery speed according to DEX."

***Advanced Job Class***
    Turning into Priest will require: 100k JEXP, 40Sharp Crystals, 20Hard Crystals
    Turning into Linker will require: 100k JEXP, 40Hard Crystals, 20Sharp Crystals
    note: You can change back to Acolyte anytime that means you can consume JEXP or level it up more.

Please refer to Ascetic 's guide:

Priest
    http://www.avabelforums.com/threads/acolyte-class-priest.188/
    Linker
    http://www.avabelforums.com/threads/acolyte-class-linker.65/

I hope this helped!
    IGN: aovan
    See you in-game :)
    [​IMG]
    _____Don't forget to_____
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Woo~ One for this class finally came up. Nice~
    Kudos to you aovan. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SnowySakura

SnowySakura MarshM'Leaux ~~ Captain Bubbles

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MLeaux
    Guild:
    The Hands
    Thank you! You saved me from posting a question with this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    I was thinking about the skills and their ABC types, that depending on what branch taken, there could be some "path" an Ac player could take depending on their advanced classes. This is just my opinion though.

For me when I first started the Acolyte and later leveled up all my skills, I chose the type (for heals) which tends to save on the sp and on decreasing cool time, compared to the usual more heals a typical Ac would take. I initially though that it would be generally good idea to heal more frequently, using the advantage of faster cool time and saved sp compared to the lather. For as long as you have high int count, the heals should be relatively good. Then when advanced classes came, I realized that this saver and faster time helped with the Linker class. Why?

1. For one thing, there may be cases where on hard floors such as 18 where you may have to spam the buffs. And as any other people in advanced classes know, these skills waste a LOT on our sp count. Even with the maxed Repose Mind skill for Ac's.

2. And secondly, Linker IS all buffs in terms of skills. But regardless with Acolyte being a healer class, it is our primary job to focus on healing. With only using 2 heals, I thought it was important that with faster cool time it also makes up for using only the basic heals.

So I guess what I'm trying to say that if there is any Ac who prefers to support people in stats (guessing lead to Linker), I would prob choose the sp time and faster cool time. And for people who are more interested in healing (which I guess leads to the Priest class) would go with the stationary "more heals". Well, not that there will be that many Linkers anyways even later in future Lol xD

But just a thought on the skill branches. That others could be used.

Also, did Arc Light skill heal people as well as attack? The description was so vauge in terms of that, and when people went in front of the skill as I used it I don't think it heals people. Maybe I'm wrong though. ouO

• Like Like x 2
  5. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    I don't think Arc Light heals......and the damage is considerably low relative to the SP it consumes :(
    Sometimes I'm wondering why it has the highest requirement to obtain...like RO, the duplex is definitely worth the JEXP inverstment...why not ours (tears...tears...)

I have to agree with Asectic that skill branch choice is really depends on the build and the advanced class selection.

As a side note, I noticed some buff skill start to heal very little once lvl up...like PR's Sun Light, it starts to heal 2 digits number....

6. SnowySakura

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MLeaux
    Guild:
    The Hands
    I took the same route with my link heal heal branch (conserve sp). I was so new to the game then that it seemed like the best idea. I've chosen the Priest advanced class and so far I don't think there's much of a difference. I have a buddy in game that went priest as well but I think he branched for stronger heals. His Link heal is a bit stronger than mine, not much.

I choose to branch both my clear lance and selfee with option A, it seemed to have the strongest heals/attacks. So far pretty good. They're stronger than my priest buddy's and he's two lvls higher than I. I also choose the stronger branches for holy ray and the laser thingy, lol. They deal some heavy damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SnowySakura

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MLeaux
    Guild:
    The Hands
    Oooh sorry for the double post, but I forgot. For any new acolytes out there, Sanctuary sounds cool, but it completely useless!!!! Don't waste your jexp.

^_^

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    I found that in one of those rare moments when pushing a mob away from injured player its pretty useful. But I have to agree, it is useless most of the time Lol xD

Okay, so it wasn't just me ouo. Though Arc light I like because of the range~

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mocca

Mocca new line ID: moccafrap

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Mocca
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Its totally nt useless, but maybe u meant to nt invest jxp on it more than u need to. I luv tht skill when my friend uses it especially when she notices when I'm gettin ganged up on xD

• Like Like x 3
  10. SnowySakura

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    MLeaux
    Guild:
    The Hands
    I'd rather have not gotten it at all, honestly. I've never seen it do anything useful for myself or other party members. I think the problem is I expected too much from it. The description made it sound much more useful that it was in practice. I'd rather cast a bubble or clear lance to help a party member in trouble.

Although after you said that I will add it back into my shortcuts and test it again on a warrior buddy I party with when he gets in trouble. Maybe I'll change my mind. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mocca

Mocca new line ID: moccafrap

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Mocca
    Level:
    Guild:
    BOSS
    Oh I c. Forgot to mention my friend likes to lure a sht ton of mobs -_- maybe thts y Its useful for her? Haha...sigh.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Corelle

Corelle Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Corelle
    Hmmm thanks to this I have now an idea.. I think I should go, INT, DEX and VIT.. I like it when my Heal crits! <3

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Nice info. Thanks. I working my way to a tank/heal/support without AOE. Trying int/vit build. Ratio 3:1

Just completed inotia 4 priest char. Inspire to be a priest here! Max 2 Heal skill and repose mind and passive skill int, vit, and dex.

Working my way to advanced priest.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. đΦΦʍ

đΦΦʍ Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    doom
    Level:
    Attack mist- Increases your and surrounding player's Atk & Matk. +5 to +10 min/max according to level.

^how much does the buff increase with each skill upgrade &what level do u see the differences im level 45 but I havent really spent upgrading both skills yet .

15. Cant Think Of One

Cant Think Of One Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    It adds 1 STR and 1 INT per lvl and is the same for Guard Mist but instead of STR/INT is VIT and MEN

16. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    In case anyone interested. Here's the Full tank healer build.
    Stats: Int/vit 3:1
    Armor/Weapon: 3 star will do. (for quest)
    Acolyte
    Skills to max in order:
    Link Heal : Get Heal Light Lvl 3 to unlock this skill. Around Level 60, this skill will be maxed.i
    Branch: Max Heal
    Passive to max in order: Vit, Hp, Int, Dex, Men, Sp, Repose Mind (Around level 64-67, skills will be maxed).

Then proceed to Priest.
    Skills to max in order:
    Selfee Holy
    Sunlight
    Clear Lance
    Job Master skill : Life Engage (linker JM)
    Clergy Cup

Back to Acolyte
    Skills to max in order:
    Attack Mist
    Guard Mist
    Anti-Magic
    Heal Light
    Shine Laser
    Holy Ray

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  17. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Shine Laser, Holy Ray are optional skills to max. Won't be using also ;)

18. aleph

aleph Active Member

I am curious how you are going to Job Master the skill "Life Engage" as a priest, as it is a Linker skill. Are you perhaps giving advice without actually having completed this build? If so, I'd suggest you note in your posts that the final build is a speculative one as opposed to one that is based on actual practice. ;)

19. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Ok my mistake haha, it's an idea build. I tested all skills individually. Separate priest and linker testing. So i understand how each skills react in pvp and normal play.

Just hope to show a more tanky build as i see forum and my ingame friends all die easily as full int priest/acolyte.

20. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    yeah Full Int does Dmg and Heals but don't matter if you die Faster than you can Do Skill Acolytes should get Def Armor so they can Put Stat pts in Men instead of Vit just a suggestion tho.

• Like Like x 2