1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte leveling with monk in mind

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Karina, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Karina

Karina Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ayla
    Level:
    Guild:
    UNIVERSAL
    Hi. I've been reading up in all the forum threads regarding monk builds and skills etc. What I'm wondering about is what skills should I throw my jexp into as I'm leveling up to 50 with monk in mind?

I wont reskill or restat at 50. I will be throwing pts into str, dex and vit based off the postings here.

Some say level up buffs, others say heals, and so on. What ac skill will be useful as a monk? What ac passive skills should I focus on?

Currently I'm thinking of auroattacking with my mace till 50 and using some heals here and there.

I know this will be time consuming but I'm worried about leveling up the wrong ac skills for my monk class.

Help please! Thanks.

2. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Hmmm from what I tried before tryin to get monk on my tablet. It's hard killing and lvling with a mace and pure str. I would say go full int with rod up to lvl 30 and when you hit lvl 30 go restat to what ever build you want to get. And for skills yes buff is good for monk. So I recommend maxing att mist, guard mist, refresh, and magic guard for more mdef buff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SIXX

SIXX The Number of the Beast

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    Leveling monk 1-50 is a slow and painful process, specially since you can't count on technical battles.
    What I did was kill skilled mobs on floor 5 and when guildmates were available I did the most floor quests as I could.
    After 50 the killings will be faster but keep in mind you Don't have an attack skill that costs under 22 sp . So bring sp pots by the ton.

4. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Lol sp pots. I tried monk with my full int priest and the sp consumption was bad. I consume more pots on monk than my rogue.

5. kuplinhg

kuplinhg Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    kupleg
    Level:
    im planning to be monk too... ill max all stats (including hp,sp,int,and men) and buffs... ill also get the buff of priest that adds dex

6. Karina

Karina Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ayla
    Level:
    Guild:
    UNIVERSAL
    Thanks for all the tips :D

7. Jetrax

Jetrax New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    JyL
    Level:
    I'm thinking about trashing my Pr to be a monk cuz i watched a spar video and monk rules at 1v1!!! I know about the painful process from 1-50 because right now i can't use TB because when your kills are too low the 80k exp and 15k jexp will turn to a 4k exp. So what should I do?

8. Jetrax

Jetrax New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    JyL
    Level:
    and what build would be best for it :D

9. Innosan

Innosan OutCast

Class:
    Undecided
    In Game Name:
    Ragtag~
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Buy a restat if you already the money for it xD. But If you wanna start a new aco with the aim for monk then do full int up to lvl 30 then restat from there. For a monk I think str>int> dex is a good build. But I know one monk who is full dex

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Luca

Luca New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    I personally don't prefer the class monk over priests or linkers but in a str based class to level up fast go with full str. Until you reach a level where you are comfortable with adding stats in vit and dex. On monk its easier to save on hp pots with blunt weapon but harder to level up because ac skills are int based. So best go with the skills that buff because that will be more useful for you. When I am leveling str based class I go full str until I'm level 60 it seems to work out for me. Then I consider do I want to max out str first to level faster or do I want to wait until End game. Where I will have the points I need to have a good stat build. The problem with this is most people don't hit endgame so quickly. So it would be a while until you got the stats you want but it would be faster if you were grinding up to it. If monk is going to be your main character you use for everything I would say yes on your build depending on how fast you plan to hit cap. If you are however grinding everyday and getting levels fast then I would suggest get the damage first then worry about the dex and vit. Anyway I will make this expanse if you don't want to read this and put a short version of my answer below.

The short answer.
    Monk with two knuckle weapons = max all buffs
    Max str for fast leveling if you want to rush to late game
    Monk with knuckle and blunt = max all buffs and link heal
    Put points in Str>Dex>Vit for more balanced early game and mid game

11. Jetrax

Jetrax New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    JyL
    Level:
    i don't think full dex is a good build haha, I'm worrying about the 30-50 since i can't do rush cuz i can only do normal attack and i think i won't reach the certain kill to get the real reward for it and mobs in higher floors will be more harder and harder.I'll probably just stick with Pr

12. Jetrax

Jetrax New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    JyL
    Level:
    Most monks only use 1 knuckle for more dmg

13. Luca

Luca New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    You would be surprised the number of monks I see wearing two knuckles. When I ask why usually some them say because it looks cool. I haven't seen monks in rush either with one knuckle one blunt yet. Ya but if I played monk instead of pr I would probably go blunt knuckle even if it looks less cool.

14. Jetrax

Jetrax New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    JyL
    Level:
    those who use 2 knuckles are newbies and don't know anything about avabel lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    they better had put Elements and/or ORBs in them otherwise that Gold they could of Spend on Buying my Items.....tsk tsk tsk all that Gold could of gone to me........that a Shame:D:rolleyes:

16. Jetrax

Jetrax New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    JyL
    Level:
    hahaha

17. Luca

Luca New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    I won't call them noobs they are high level (the ones i saw were90-100)usually. They just aren't getting as much as they can from the game. It's okay to try different styles of playing even though one is more efficient. Like how some some other adv. classes are less useful without another adv. class skills. I for one like it when people try different things so I can know about what works and what doesn't work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jetrax

Jetrax New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    JyL
    Level:
    the problem is ppl today are fashionista and will make the looks first and don't care about their stats or items or anything that makes your character stronger.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Stavier

Stavier New Member

Class:
    Warrior
    In Game Name:
    Stavier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Lost Ones
    Leveling from 30-50 was a toughie, but I did figure something out. If you get a fully leveled 3* or 4* lvl30 rod & have holy ray at lvl6 so that you have your branch for the move, you can do rush 1 solo or with people.
    I did it solo for a bit until I figured out my strategy on how to get 75+ kills. Then I joined people in rush & as long as you get 75+ kills, you will get the 80k exp in the room. Sure, Holy ray won't be very strong but if you get the branch that does 6 hits (Type C k believe) & go for the blue crystal that boosts atk & matk, you can kill thise mini mobs in rush one with no troubles.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Zucrea

Zucrea Pride & Wrath

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Paragon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    If you have a rift stone this is a good opportunity to use it. Use a rift stone 60+ on a 5* Rod and just use the class as normal, minus the skill point build.
    You'll have more than the normal amount of Matk and you can get the leveling done quickly and change to knuckles.
    If anyone says there is a better method I would have to disagree.
    A rift 60+5* should cost you no more than a fancy new avatar.