1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte in Party

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Yevon, Jul 26, 2013.

?

Which advanced Acolyte class are you taking?

1. Linker

13.6%
  2. Priest

56.3%
  3. Leg Sol

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Monk

10.7%
  5. Exorcist

4.9%
  6. Angelous

5.8%
  7. All

8.7%
  1. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Better follow standard build and hybrid can be re-customize using rings or orb.
    Hybrid seems to be more choice but actually it gives less option.

2. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    I Don't think so Hybrid Builds gives More Options than Full Builds.

3. SIXX

SIXX The Number of the Beast

Class:
    Acolyte
    Level:
    Getting level 50 is easy (1-2days ) once you learned how to level up. Floor quests /rush.
    Getting a restat scroll is expensive. You need ticket just to buy the scroll And that's 7mil minimum. So 7m +scroll(13m)
    How long does it take to make 20 mil?

I would rather spend that kind of gold on gear.

Int acolytes don't need str. Only reason to get str is if you focus monk or else it's a waste. Those extra points come in handy in pvp.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Oceanmk

Oceanmk Jumping around..

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Oceanmk
    Level:
    Guild:
    YONKOU
    Yeah so restart is a good advise somehow, before putting too much love in a char and can't bear to delete it.
    At least standard build can be both standard and hybrid as the player choice. But hybrid build like @RuRu will have more option in balanced power and defense but stay hybrid.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. marcocococo

marcocococo IGN: WiN / Pansit

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    Pansit / WiN
    Level:
    Guild:
    DeadlySin
    With that amount of int, monk and legsol dont fit her lol. You can easily tell that.

And her play is support, which support class needs str?

6. Leo Striker

Leo Striker Adept Rogue Gold Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Wolfnir
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Her Play is Support but doesn't mean she won't try out Monk and Leg Sol as they are Acolyte's Adv Classes & "Don't knock it unless you try it" Can Still use Monk+Leg Sol while having that much INT as the Passive is Based on Matk+Other ways of being able to be Monk+Leg Sol with INT.
    Also Acolyte is a Support Class so if a Support Class don't need STR then all Players with STR Acolyte are doing it wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    If your going to go all the way with aco end game build will be mostly vit all classes unlocked and good weapon with shield

8. ~Rayleigh

~Rayleigh One for the money~ Staff Member Moderator

Class:
    Rogue
    I think... I think thier are endless choices what to do with ac. Suggesting all these builds we like, are weak to, feel like is really common and other reasons is almost redundent at this point.

I think ruru got what he asked for plus more.

9. RuRu

RuRu New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    :RuRu:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murkin
    Indeed, i did.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Luxx

Luxx BARDCORE

Class:
    Wonderer
    In Game Name:
    EviLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    lostsouls
    Linker IMO should be INT/VIT starting out..

Just cause if you wanna do bosses and solo if you have no team.
    Or Int/Dex!

11. Kadabra

Kadabra New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Kadabra
    Hi guys! :p
    I started playing last weekend and I am creating an acolyte full support (future priest). I have some questions:
    1) My main build is 35 dex, full int (maybe I will add 25 vit). Is that correct? I want to focus on only support, not attack.
    2) With respect to skills, I'm focusing on healing and not added attack skills. I also invest in the attack skills to help me lvling?

Thanls ;)

12. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    Sounds good don't forget angel class to add on

13. Kadabra

Kadabra New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Kadabra
    Humm..
    You mean "acolyte > priest > angel" ?

14. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    Yuh

15. Kadabra

Kadabra New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Kadabra
    int / vit 1:1

or

full int > vit

or

20 dex 20 vit full int?

16. ffej

ffej Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    eons
    Level:
    It's alive it's alive!

17. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    As for myself my own path would I think end up being this: Ac » Pr » Ln » Pr » Ex » Pr » An » Pr (So counting only the Advanced Classes being Mastered: Ac » Ln » Ex » Pr» An » Pr (3 (4) masters) ).
    Though I think you won't really need Exorcist if you really insist on not getting any Attacking Skills, since Exorcist' populair reason is Shining Ray (Attacking skill). Whether you want to add Exorcist into your list is up to you, if you look up its skills, since Ex has some buff/debuff skills too.
    Same as Angelus, Since most people would probably go for the attacking skills in Angelus instead of the Debuff skill (not really sure..but I know that Angelus has 1 Debuff Skill...that feather placing thing).

To sum this up. Acolyte, Priest, Linker are must in term of full support. Exorcist and Angelus are optional, since the question in if you personally think if the debuff skills are worth it to unlock the class and master it or not (or go for the attacking skills afterall; who knows~).

• Like Like x 3
  18. urdadi

urdadi Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    urdadi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Calamity
    wtf is this thread even about? Acolyte in Party? I read the first two pages, there is alot of speculation about the class and half the info is flat wrong. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with parties, It's just a pile of posts that mention acolytes, no cohesion. The last two pages have the same vibe, just alot of opinions about acolyte builds or which order to unlock advanced classes. Still has nothing to do with parties, still has no cohesion, and a large chunk of the posts are worthless. Instead of dumb or outdated threads falling to the back page, they are now enshrined for all eternity in the huge thread of posts that mention acolyte. No, I didn't read pages 3 thru 34... If I wanted to read every post that mentioned "Acolyte" I would just type Acolyte into the search bar. The "Collection of Posts" thing is getting out of hand, it worked for the collection of gold making strategies by consolidating several related posts, but it definately doesn't work here. It just makes searching all that much harder because it eliminates all the thread titles and dumps barely related posts into one huge haystack. The Forum was better organized before it was "organized". rant over.

Edit: to Leo, Pan & Murk, you know I luvs u guys, and I really appreciate all the work you do to eliminate spammers. I just hate this "Collection of Posts" thing and I hope you can rethink this strategy. For the record, I think it was a very good idea to merge the gold making guides into one and it kinda makes sense with the collection of noob posts. ALL other "collections" were a bad idea.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. Kadabra

Kadabra New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Kadabra

Thanks.
    Maybe i will do Ac > Priest > Linker, ok?

About stats im with 2 int : 1 vit and it cool... im using 1H wand + shield, my def is high and i can tank... but my dmg is low, not a big problem..
    im doing right?

and about equips..
    using lvl 50 gears - 3 stars.. right?

20. Taibasa Tsuyou

Taibasa Tsuyou Otaku Member Staff Member Moderator

In Game Name:
    Taibasa Tsuyou
    Guild:
    AniOtaMa
    1Handed Rod + Shield is right as long as you have no problems with it. I can't decide that for you nor someone else, but you! :p

Gear is about right~
    Since you would need higher star at higher level, at Level 50 it's just good to use Level 50 3 stars, since they are still cheap.
    When you level up you can either change at each 10 level ups your gears, or each 20 level ups with more stars. If you don't have that much Gold, you can better save them and buy one with more stars at higher level (personally I skipped 25 levels to upgrade my equipments. xD Was walking around with underpowered gear for 25 Levels, but I didn't mind that as it saved me some Gold).

• Like Like x 1