1. Avabel Forums is looking for a moderator! Interested? Click Here to read more.

Acolyte in Party

Discussion in 'Acolyte' started by Yevon, Jul 26, 2013.

?

Which advanced Acolyte class are you taking?

1. Linker

13.5%
  2. Priest

55.8%
  3. Leg Sol

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Monk

10.6%
  5. Exorcist

4.8%
  6. Angelous

5.8%
  7. All

9.6%
  1. Yevon

Yevon New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Yevon
    THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MERGED BY A MODERATOR TO CONSOLIDATE INFORMATION ON ACOLYTES

If I were an Acolyte, I'd go for Linker.
    Link Heal is your main healing spell and you'll always use it whatever is your sub class. The amount of heal is massive and I don't see how Priest skills could heal more. It's also a low CD skill with low mana consumption.
    On the other hand, Linker seems to have important buff skills that might be really useful for him and his team. It could still heal with Link Heal that will heal more and more through the levels and the amount of Intelligence you put.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Asectic

Asectic Journeying Minister

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    For me I would go for Priest.​
    After healing in different types of fields, I found that it is a bit hard healing fully with the two we have now. So I would like a bit more variety in the heals c:​

3. Shanoa

Shanoa New Member

Class:
    Magician
    In Game Name:
    Shanoa
    I need more explanation on what type B do, since in game explanation is not clear.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  4. kurasak

kurasak New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Kurasak
    Level:
    Hi ,im kurasak and i'm a level 41 acolyte, i will describe the best i can how the skills work and why i chose this class. Acolyte are very complicated to level, but if you stick to the class you will get the best results your looking for. I recommend leveling with party members, why? Because healers are not as independent as other classes. I chose this class because this class has the power to heal others and yourself as well.
    • Heal Light: Heal light heals only one person, when leveling it the power of the heal will be stronger
    • Link heal: This skill heals everyone around you including yourself, this as well will increase if it leveled
    • Attack mist: This raises people around and yourself attack of magic
    • Guard Mist: It raises defense and magic defense
    • Shine laser: An attack that gathers light and "emits a laser"
    • Holy ray: A long duration skill that takes enemies down
    • Anti-Magic: This skill reduces magic attacks for a period of time
    • Refresh: "Cures any abnormal status of allies in range"
    • Sanctuary: Blows away any approaching enemy
    • Arc light: Range magic skill that brings light from the the sky
    by Kurasak

These are all Avabels quotes and i give all credit abismo company

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. JustAnAcolyte

JustAnAcolyte New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ryan
    Level:
    Does attack mist and guard mist have a specific time limit? Do I have to keep using it over an over again? Or can I just use it once? Just a small question, I hope I'm not a bother.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JustAnAcolyte

JustAnAcolyte New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ryan
    Level:
    I'm pretty sure this question doesn't belong here.. Sheesh I'm such a drag :0.

7. Neon77

Neon77 Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Neon77
    Dont say you're a drag! It was just a mistake thats all it happens to all of us haha :D And you're not a bother either, Acolytes are just the OPPOSITE of a bother since all they do is help! ;D And to anwser your question it DOES have a specific time limit so YES you would need to be casting it over again every so often! The time limits differ between skill level though, like if you have Attack Mist at lv.1 then it might only last a few seconds, but once you upgrade it to Attack Mist lv.2 using your jexp then it'll last for even longer!:) So yes, it has a time limit (sadly) C:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Julie Ava

Julie Ava Active Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Ava
    Level:
    Guild:
    Murking
    If I recall correctly, type A is reduce cool down time, type B is reduce charge time, type C is increase the heal power but reduce the effect time.

I might messed up the orders of A B C, but that's the 3 branch offs for Link Heal.

I picked the heal power one...at the cost of that healing circle disappears fairly quick LOL

• Like Like x 1
  9. Xecko_Drasun

Xecko_Drasun Member

Class:
    Rogue
    In Game Name:
    Xecko
    Level:
    need help, i wanna know if the monks heal is based on damge? or in int? thanks and is monks damage increased from int?

10. McFizz

McFizz New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    McFizz
    Level:
    Guild:
    BlackList
    I am curious, how long does Attack Mist, Sun Light, and Anti Magic last for? I feel clueless as to when I should reapply.

11. McFizz

McFizz New Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    McFizz
    Level:
    Guild:
    BlackList
    It is very wise to pick the that "heightens recovery amount by shortening the duration time at the most." It increased my Link Heal by ~40% - 50%. I kinda liked the idea of the one with a shorter cool down, thinking I could stand in the melee and spam, but I feel the power increase you get by shortening the duration time is too much to pass up.

12. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Sun Light lasts for a short while. You can tell by the Dex going up when it's sprayed and down to what you had about a good 5 seconds after. For example without it had +12 which went to +22 and back to 12. For I know attack mist is also pretty short, though have no idea how much it raises exactly. Theres a thread on attack mist in general section. And for Anti Magic that skill is pretty long lasting, itll last until skill cooldowns, which is pretty slow.

13. Corelle

Corelle Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Corelle
    asectic are you now a Priest?

14. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Nope, I just switch around to level a skill for Job Master. :3 And seeing which skills I want to choose xD

15. Zato

Zato Noob God

Class:
    Creator
    In Game Name:
    ZaTo
    Level:
    wheres d job master? i think il make a aco str dex build then to monk.. cant buy reset stat scroll if i go int build

16. Asectic

In Game Name:
    Wystal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kiyore
    Job Master is for those who maxed out all 4 skills from their first advanced class so that you can use one skill from another advanced class. Hmm, Ac is healing so don't think dex is entirely good. Lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Vogue

Vogue I started out as a baby faced monster.

Nah, he's right. Strength and dex is a solid choice if he's changing to monk.

Intel won't be very useful, since knuckle weapons do not have a magic damage bonus like blunt weapons or staves. It'l suck for him grinding to level 50 without being an efficient acolyte, but once he gets that class change and equips some knuckles, it'l all pay off :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Aero

Aero Member

Class:
    Acolyte
    In Game Name:
    Aero
    Level:
    i think attack mist lasts for 1 minute i'm not really sure tho coz i barely use it coz i find the effects too small too matter. how ever sunlight i use alot of. sunlight level 1-5 lasts for 30 secs. dex and crit type sunlight lasts for 30 secs. however for the long time effect you can only see the change of duration when you hit level 8 sunlight which lasts for 45 sec. and then 60 secs for lvl10. :)

ps. sunlight is the best buff ever!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Madason

Madason New Member

Class:
    Creator
    The monks damage is based on str whereas the heal is based on int/matk. So i recommend you to use a blunt weapon in one hand to increase the regeneration and improve other healing skills like "link heal".

20. hectic1

hectic1 New Member

Class:
    Ranger
    In Game Name:
    trixks
    Level:
    i seen a monk fighting a boss on f6, he was getting healed quite often but only 25-30 per tick, using only knuckles though

• Like Like x 1